Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-21, 02:51 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I'm so glad that high-waisted leggings are back in style. The low-waisted ones often to fall down on me.
Everyone's shaped differently! I'm short-waisted and the high-waisted leggings hit on my ribcage and are desperately uncomfortable.

I loved Teeki leggings, but they went under. I like some OriActive styles. And lately, I've been liking Sundawg - an advantage of Sundawg is that their regular "leggings" are mid-rise and their "yoga leggings" are high-waisted, so you have a choice.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 03:50 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I'm curious to hear recommendations, too! It's becoming harder to find cotton blend workout clothing. I like the brand Marika, but it seems they are moving toward more polyester blends like other manufacturers. Sigh!
I have a very old pair of Marika yoga pants that I really like but there are holes on the inner seams so I only wear them while exercising in my basement. They need to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
My favorite cotton blends are Fila, Adidas or Calvin Klein. Kohls just recently discontinued Fila, so you can find them on clearance now. They are very comfortable, I don’t like a lot of compression in my leggings.
I have 2 pairs of Fila cotton blend yoga pants. I went to Kohl's last week to look for more but I couldn't find any.

I got a pair of Fisher's Finery boot cut yoga pants from Amazon a few years ago that are made from bamboo that I like. They are very comfy and a muted navy blue. Nice to have a color other than black. I wear them around the house and around town but not for exercise for some reason. I just got another pair in black because I couldn't find any ones I liked at Kohl's or Marshalls. There was a dance supply store in town where I used to get Danskin brand "jazz pants" that I liked. The pants wore out after many years of use and the store is out of business.

ETA: Someone mentioned 90 Degree. I have a pair of their boot cut pants that I like as well. Got them at Marshalls a few years back. My recent trip to Marshalls and Kohls was disappointing because everything was 100% synthetic.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-21, 10:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I have a very old pair of Marika yoga pants that I really like but there are holes on the inner seams so I only wear them while exercising in my basement. They need to go.
I have several old Champion cotton-blend boot-cut yoga pants that are still in pretty good shape. I only wear them on the rare occasion that I take a live class. They are black and are cat hair magnets.

Some of the Tek Gear capri leggings are 89% cotton/11% spandex.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 02:49 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
A co-worker has been raving about her leggings from Duluth Trading Company. Her boyfriend wears the "ball room" pants and other Duluth clothing exclusively. He bought her a pair of the leggings and that's all she wears now.

I'm going to try them myself. Duluth NoGa Pants

ETA: I scored a pair of NoGa Classic Slim Leg Pants and a tee shirt on sale, $68 before tax and free shipping. I hope the tee will work out - I actually have more problems finding a shirt that fits rather than the leggings. You can select your preferred pants inseam which his nice. Will report!
Long overdue report - YUCK. I hated both the "leggings" and shirt. First of all they are huge. I always wear a large, but these were ridiculous - like a kid wearing Dad's pants large. No compression or fit whatsoever. Worst part was the fabric - this is their light summer line but both articles of clothing were very heavy, and slithery. They fell out of the package - they literally slithered out of the bag and onto the floor. I don't know what manner of chemicals they're made of, but I don't want it on me.

Cheap packaging in a plastic bag. I returned them but was charged $7.95 UPS fee against my refund.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 02:52 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Long overdue report - YUCK. I hated both the "leggings" and shirt. First of all they are huge. I always wear a large, but these were ridiculous - like a kid wearing Dad's pants large. No compression or fit whatsoever. Worst part was the fabric - this is their light summer line but both articles of clothing were very heavy, and slithery. They fell out of the package - they literally slithered out of the bag and onto the floor. I don't know what manner of chemicals they're made of, but I don't want it on me.

Cheap packaging in a plastic bag. I returned them but was charged $7.95 UPS fee against my refund.
Thanks for sharing your experience. So discouraging.
Old 06-28-21, 03:01 PM  
wendug

Quote:

Ugh! That sucks! And sizing issues, too! Lately I've bought different sizes of shorts and leggings in cotton blends from medium to xtra large and they all fit. Sizing across brands is crazy!
Old 06-28-21, 03:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I love my SweetLegs. It’s a Canadian company, not sure if they ship to the US. They are affordable, comfortable, stretchy, high waisted, & lots of patterns & colours.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 03:44 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I love my SweetLegs. It’s a Canadian company, not sure if they ship to the US. They are affordable, comfortable, stretchy, high waisted, & lots of patterns & colours.
They do..... I have bought from them. I found their leggings to be warm for my taste. YMMV.
Old 06-28-21, 04:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
They do..... I have bought from them. I found their leggings to be warm for my taste. YMMV.
Yes they are warm, although the fabric is lightweight. They work for me as I don’t live in a warm climate…..although that’s not the case right now.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-21, 04:40 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Ugh! That sucks! And sizing issues, too! Lately I've bought different sizes of shorts and leggings in cotton blends from medium to xtra large and they all fit. Sizing across brands is crazy!
I agree! I can wear an extra-small, small, medium and large depending on the brand. It's nuts! I wish they would list the size by "garment measurements" rather than small, medium, large, etc.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
capris, leggings, pants, yoga pants