Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-21, 05:19 PM  
LAC

We had a terrible carpenter ant problem for a couple of years. We would see them inside even during the winter, which apparently meant they were actually nesting in wall voids in our house and not just coming and going from outside. Two different exterminating companies (one local and one nation-wide chain) failed to get rid of them.

Last year, in a moment of desperation, I bought these Terro Liquid Ant bait stations from Amazon. I opened a few of them at once and spaced them out at the back of the kitchen counter, from one end to the other. It was really gross for a few days with a steady stream of ants marching back and forth and lots of dead ants all over the place. We haven't seen a single ant since.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-21, 06:31 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post
We had a terrible carpenter ant problem for a couple of years. We would see them inside even during the winter, which apparently meant they were actually nesting in wall voids in our house and not just coming and going from outside. Two different exterminating companies (one local and one nation-wide chain) failed to get rid of them.

Last year, in a moment of desperation, I bought these Terro Liquid Ant bait stations from Amazon. I opened a few of them at once and spaced them out at the back of the kitchen counter, from one end to the other. It was really gross for a few days with a steady stream of ants marching back and forth and lots of dead ants all over the place. We haven't seen a single ant since.
Sounds familiar. The manufacturer says use 1 or 2 and we say no this is war! And yes it gets worse before it gets better.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 01:09 PM  
warriorprincess

My brother, who owns his own pest control company, recommended this to me, and it works great! Ants are the bane of my existence in S. Fla.

https://store.doyourownpestcontrol.c...antum-ant-bait

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 02:01 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Sounds familiar. The manufacturer says use 1 or 2 and we say no this is war! And yes it gets worse before it gets better.

We've used those before and they worked very well for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorprincess View Post
My brother, who owns his own pest control company, recommended this to me, and it works great! Ants are the bane of my existence in S. Fla.

https://store.doyourownpestcontrol.c...antum-ant-bait
Thank you!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 07:46 PM  
horsemom2

we stopped carpenter ants by putting a line of baby powder in our doorways. they do not like to go through the powder and stay outside.
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-21, 09:00 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
It's been the opposite here-we have had one of the wettest Springs on record. Also cool until recently, so plants are behind where they usually would be. Maybe more ants have been born or survived or the season been delayed making them travel more for food?
You know, I think I had it backwards. When things are soggy, they're more likely to come in. Guess their nests get wet?

Either way, I'm prepared. Found some of the Terro stuff today. Will try it next time I see ants.

Tags
off topic, off-topic