Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-05-20, 11:01 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. One of my dept members has covid. I'm still congested; I have the energy to get through work, but not to workout after work. I'm taking this time to get my eating back under control since I'm not working out.
Beth, I'm going to be drilling hard soil to plant bulbs on Saturday
donnamp, happy belated birthday
Cher, I hope the treatment works well for your sister
AnMrsDe, now I need to go check out Cathe's leggings

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 06:29 AM  
CabCalloway

Good session on our AMT. I find it works better if I use it right after I get home from work. When I was younger I always found that late afternoon was the sweet spot for exercise. It curbed my appetite as a bonus. Ah but the dreaded leaf raking is looming.

Waves to all.
-CabC
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:02 AM  
Cher

Thank you everyone for all your good thoughts and prayers.

Chrys, hope you start feeling better.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Cher, sending prayers.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 09:27 AM  
fanofladyvols

Happy Birthday CabCalloway!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 09:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

CharM is your rotation making you more yakky?

Chrys sending you feel better wishes!

Cher Those recent stats are good news as your sis heads into treatment. Wishing you both strength!

AMD I have been able to do yard and garden maintenance all week but there are some bulbs to plant. I'm going to try to squeeze that in late today. We have had gloriously beautiful weather.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 10:31 AM  
AnMrsDe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAB!!! Enjoy your AMT equipment - those are pricey!! Was that a birthday present? Bet it'd be a treat to have!

Chrys, yes, just rest up til you get over whatever it is you have. COVID is really hitting close to home now...DD is quarantined for 16 days working from home since her co-worker that works in her dept. is sick. Also, 2 co-workers DS works with in his office is sick. YIKES!!!

Linda, we've had such glorious weather this week, too!! I hope to get out tomorrow to do more yard work. Most of it is from the neighbors' trees though. Mine still haven't started shedding but are beautiful this time of year!! This is the only week of the year that I like my front yard tree, as it is very messy, LOL! Have fun, everyone planting bulbs this weekend!!

~~~Waves to all to remain HEALTHY~~~
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 03:56 PM  
CabCalloway

The AMT was a family purchase so that we can avoid going to the gym until the Covid crisis has lessened. And yes, it was pricey. But we suspended our gym membership so the monthly bite for the AMT was softened a bit.

And thank you for the birthday wishes! Still feel 28 (how's that for a random number?)
CabCalloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 05:54 PM  
CharM

I'm back, just catching up. We headed north to South Lake Tahoe for my birthday. Our exciting story is that on our way back from our walk around the lake, we went to check on our car at the hotel parking lot and as I got there, I saw some inconsiderate person trimming branches off a tree that's right over our parked car. Apples were falling off and hitting our car! But then I kept looking and thought it didn't make sense that someone would do that knowing a car is parked there, and further, I realized that the person was super hairy. It was a bear!!! This is our 17th year going to SLT just once a year for 3 or 4 days, and every year I tell my husband that I'd love to see a bear. Last year we heard one rooting around knocking things over early in the morning, but didn't get up to look out the window. So to finally see one up close was awesome! I was so freaking excited!! (and also scared that it would fall on our car) Best bearthday ever!!!

Happy Birthday, CabCalloway! I hope you have a great day and weekend!

Chrys, I hope you'll feel better soon.
AMD, wow, I hope your DD and DS didn't pick anything up from the co-workers. *fingers crossed*

Cher, that treatment sounds positive, and there are just 3, so that would be a plus in my book, hoping that it works for your sister.

Linda, no, I haven't noticed an increase in my yakkiness so far. It's quite disappointing. But on the other hand, whenever my husband steps into a room I'm in, I have the urge to cheer him on and high five. lol They're so over the top in these workouts.

Jane, I have TOO MANY! I'm done buying for the year. Don't anyone laugh, it's true.

Have a nice weekend, all! Stay safe and warm.
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-20, 08:19 PM  
amg

CabCalloway - Happy Birthday!!! I had to look up the AMT machine because I have never heard of it. Very nice piece of equipment.

Donna - Happy belated birthday! Sorry, I missed that.

CharM - Happy birthday to you too! Sounds like it was a great trip. You had me lol at your bear story.

AMD - I plan to try out the Travis practice you recommended on YouTube. I had no idea that he had so many practices on there. Definitely need to add some yoga into my life again. Hope your DD and DS didn't catch anything.

Waves to everyone. Have a great weekend!

Tags
just the workouts