Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-13, 03:54 PM  
dbclark44

So not alone. Mine may not be in the box, but I have quite a few with the shrink wrap still on. . I tell my husband "I have a problem". He just laughs.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 04:26 PM  
shoegoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilary View Post
somehow, i really don't think you're alone in having this problem!
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 05:03 PM  
cam522

No, you are SO not alone!! I have quite a few DVDs I have yet to do and Sets as well, (Les Mills Pump, Tapout XT, Drop 2 Dress Sizes, DeltaFit) and probably more than just them!!!

I do however take the shrink wrap off of them so my husband doesn't think they are new!

...Cheryl

JMBR graduate 06/13
BJ Gaddour's MetaShred 11/02/2019
cam522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 05:15 PM  
Pie
VF Supporter

You're definitely not alone. I have at least 4 systems still sealed in the box......

Results are not made in the Comfort Zone........ - Mike Karpenko
Pie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 05:21 PM  
Jane1721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne Marie View Post
Same here, Jane! I am always anxious to do new ones. I always know that I like the workout because I am a fanatic about researching before I buy anything. I read reviews. I ask others how they like it. I watch clips. I rarely buy anything when it first comes out. By the time I've decided I am sure I want it, it's usually been out a while. This is why I have so few DVDs that I don't like.
Jeanne Marie, I think we're the only ones!
Jane1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 05:41 PM  
NRGWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh View Post
i can't even remember who it was. Anyway, my dh said "oh they are having a sale. Is it like a kelly coffey meyer presale?" i was just speechless.
rotfl

Your future isn't written yet, your future is what you make it, so make it a good one. - Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future III

What would happen if everyday I woke up and I did everything in my power to change my life? How would my life be different in a month, a year? - Liz Murray, Homeless to Harvard
NRGWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 05:43 PM  
NRGWoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam522 View Post
No, you are SO not alone!! I have quite a few DVDs I have yet to do and Sets as well, (Les Mills Pump, Tapout XT, Drop 2 Dress Sizes, DeltaFit) and probably more than just them!!!

I do however take the shrink wrap off of them so my husband doesn't think they are new!

...Cheryl
I do this too DH has accepted that I just "have to have" the newest workout and even gets excited for me when I get a new one. It does make him nuts when I don't do them though, so I always take off the shrink wrap.

Your future isn't written yet, your future is what you make it, so make it a good one. - Dr. Emmett Brown, Back to the Future III

What would happen if everyday I woke up and I did everything in my power to change my life? How would my life be different in a month, a year? - Liz Murray, Homeless to Harvard
NRGWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 05:44 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

I have this problem with yoga and Pilates DVDs. I always buy a bunch, especially on sale, convinced I am really going to get into yoga and Pilates. They probably collect the most dust.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-13, 05:55 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1721 View Post
Jeanne Marie, I think we're the only ones!

It looks that way so far!
Old 09-24-13, 06:16 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm generally anxious to do new ones, but some I've bought after so much thought that even though I KNOW they're good ones, they're not quite the thing for my current rotation, so I let them stay unused for a while. I do test them first, to get a look at the disc, as others have said, just in case.

Also, just to see what sort of floor space I'll need.

I'm famous for starting a workout without preparing the space properly. Equipment, floor space side to side, floor space front to back, extra strong sports bra, every workout's different, and it's a good idea to know what you're in for ahead of time.

I'm forever doing 7 minutes of magic's PM segment without scooting things out of the way so I can do the spinal stretches at the end. Oops!
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dustbunnies, large collection, large collections, vidiocy, virgin workouts