Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-26-20, 09:59 PM  
Loriann

Yvette fit?

So far, I have not seen a mention of Yvette Bachman’s announcement that she is starting a paid subscription site called Yvettefit.com https://yvettefit.com/ ?

She says that there are 70 workouts on the site with 5 new ones added each month. $6.99/month. One of the main benefits she mentions is ad-free workouts. I subscribe to YouTube premium so I never get ads during my workouts anyway.

I like Yvette, but am not sure there is enough to compel me to try the paid site vs using existing YouTube classes. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks,
Lori
Old 10-27-20, 05:51 AM  
hocuspocus

I'm thinking I will subscribe. I believe she may take some of her YouTube content down for the subscription site. I enjoy her and I don't think the price is too high. She say there will give new workouts a month. I haven't decided yet but I think I will.
hocuspocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 06:33 AM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann View Post
I subscribe to YouTube premium so I never get ads during my workouts anyway.
I may sound dopey but what are the benefits of subscribing to YouTube premium? There are so many streaming sites that I cannot keep on top of! Thanks, Lori!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 10:02 AM  
Dontmindthemess

I subscribed last week and I’m really enjoying it. I did the yearly subscription for $69 and I thought it was very reasonably priced. The website is not fancy but it’s totally functional. The workouts are filmed in Yvette’s studio just like the YouTube ones. If you enjoy Yvette’s YouTube workouts this is for you! I’ve done four of the workouts so far and I really enjoyed them. The music is similar to Cathe Live, I’ve even recognized some of those “songs”.

I love and appreciate all the YouTube workouts but I can totally understand creators wanting to monetize their work. If it’s workouts I do frequently and the price is reasonable I’d consider a subscription.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 10:18 AM  
LoveVA

Are these workouts completely different from the free ones available on Youtube?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 11:31 AM  
Dontmindthemess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Are these workouts completely different from the free ones available on Youtube?
These workouts are exactly like the YouTube workouts. I don’t mean that they are the exact workouts, but there are more of the same kind of workouts. They are filmed in a class setting just like the YouTube ones. I would say they are the same intensity as the YouTube ones. I did a couple that were a bit easier for me and a couple that were harder. I feel the same way about the YouTube ones.

HTH!

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-20, 09:44 PM  
Kate**Roberts
VF Supporter

I really enjoy Yvette’s workouts and quickly subscribed. She says they are all new but I did notice two out of the seventy (or so) that are on YouTube. This didn’t bother me because it seems just about the rest are new (and she will keep adding more every month).

So far I’ve done a few that I have loved:

*Medicine Ball Blast (which she also mixes in the stability ball during the last half of the workout).

*45 Minutes of BOSU (this one ended suddenly...Like her phone battery died ).

*HiiT Step Mashup (just lots of fun cardio drills. I wish Cathe would learn from Yvette and vary her cardio drills)

*Cardio/Shoulders/Bicep/Tricep Circuits (Yvette does some of the best circuits in the business!)

*Kickboxing Hi/Lo Core Circuit (a little easier because of the low impact segments but I love when she circuits in abs-so fun! Lots of jack variations though!)

I think it’s totally worth $7 a month/$70 a year. However, I hope she doesn’t take down her YouTube workouts. I’ve bookmarked my favorites and really enjoy so many of them.
Old 10-27-20, 09:45 PM  
Loriann

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
I may sound dopey but what are the benefits of subscribing to YouTube premium? There are so many streaming sites that I cannot keep on top of! Thanks, Lori!
YouTube Premium costs $11.99/ month. The benefit is that it totally eliminates ads from any YouTube videos you watch. Want to go all the way through a Gin Miller step routine or a Yvette Bachman class with no interruptions? Want to watch old Newhart shows without ads? Yes I do. You also get YouTube Music Premium as part of it.

So Yvette’s point that it will eliminate ads isn’t valid for me. I do think she has some fun classes and her pricing is totally in line for what she offers.

—————-

My other question is if you can only access her paid content through her website?

Then I would have to watch her videos on TV using AirPlay rather than accessing them directly though the YouTube app on my AppleTV. Not a big difference, but those few extra steps of accessing through my iPad vs directly on my AppleTV mean I probably won’t use it as much. I don’t do KCM very often for that very reason. (I really wish KCM had an app for AppleTV like Cathe, BeachBody, Les Mills, etc. but that is a topic for a different day...)

Thanks!
Lori

P.S. Kate thanks for the reviews! Yes, I do enjoy some of her cardio more than Cathe’s drills. The time seems to fly by for me.
Old 10-27-20, 09:57 PM  
Fitstick

Not to go off topic, but I also agree that an app makes the content so much easier to access. I subscribed to KCM a couple months ago and don’t use it too much. But I also haven’t been super inspired by the workouts either. I never clicked with Yvette, but maybe I will try some of her YouTube stuff before she removes it.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yvette bachman, yvettefit