Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-05-12, 01:02 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

ever suspect an ebayer was a VFer?

i just won an auction on ebay that consisted of 5 barre DVDs.

the way the seller's other listings are posted/described makes me think this person is a VFer!!! when the sale concludes, i will ask the seller if they are a VFer.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 02:12 AM  
Eibhinn

I don't typically shop at Ebay, but sometimes I've shopped at second-hand/thrift shops in Canada - especially rural-ish Canada - and seen non-retail workout releases on the shelf and started furtively glancing around and wondering if there are VFers in my midst and I just don't realize it. Then I realize how happy it would make me to have a vidiot friend IRL.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 05:16 AM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

I won a DVD on the Aussie ebay and I am fairly certain that the seller is an Aussie Vfer. I felt embarrassed at what price I won it for as it was worth much more and I was prepared to pay more but nobody else bid. That was my very first transaction on ebay. I was inexperienced and I didn't do another for a long time after.
There is also a current seller who seems to have a very large catalogue/store of latest fitness DVDs and I often wonder if that person is a Vfer too.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 05:43 AM  
topfitmama

Yes!
The word that gave her away was "trade". What trade?
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 07:18 AM  
pattyd0319

LOL, I definitely am a VFER and an EBAYER. I have auctioned off quite a few lots of DVDs when spring cleaning and not much on my wish list for trading. And at least twice the one who purchased was also a VFER.
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 08:12 AM  
CoolGirlinFl888

I'm one too!
CoolGirlinFl888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 08:16 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I auctioned off a bunch of exercise DVDs a few months ago on EBay. I generally sell them on Amazon, but these were ones that weren't listed already on Amazon and I'm not the type of Amazon seller who can create listings for items that aren't in their catalog.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 09:02 AM  
sewoodson
VF Supporter

I won a DVD once and I thought the seller was a VF'er but I was afraid to ask. I didn't want to seem like a stalker. She emailed me and told me it was in the mail and then asked if I was on VF because my name looked familiar.
sewoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 09:10 AM  
imhere2dance

I do a lot of my DVD buying on Amazon, but I do sometimes use half.com and eBay. I compare prices before I shop.
imhere2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 09:14 AM  
PhyllisG

I had an opposite experience. I sold a Cathe DVD on amazon and somehow the buyer and I got into trading emails. I was sure she was a VFer and thought I even knew who she was. I asked her and she said NO she had never heard of VF so I told her all about us and she Oh No I don't want to know anything about any place where I can be encouraged to buy more DVDs. I always wondered if she checked us out and if she joined.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote