Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-10-22, 07:22 PM  
tlchello

Susan H....ugh..I don't have a stability ball but I do have a foam roller. I will give it a try. I am sure my hubby could probably also whip up a little stand of some sort with a cushion.

laurajhawk...I am really looking forward to that workout...sounds interesting. I have pretty much loved everything I have done of hers. At this point, I think I am fan-girling over her..lol.

edensmom..I will definitely change up that waiter curl move next time. And I like to take notes because I am actually planning on doing the 40-4-40 series again from the beginning once I finish so that it is more like a 12-week program. We will see what I do after that.

Gibbee...how are you feeling?
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-22, 09:03 PM  
wendug

I just want to jump in here to say I really enjoy Lift w/ Cee's workouts. There is no dread factor in her workouts and she is inspirational. I did her 40-4-40 rotation at the beginning of the year and enjoyed it so much I went right into her PPL rotation. I have tried some of her other workouts from Plateau Buster and her Full Body Series and enjoyed them, but I'm hoping she puts out another rotation soon.

To all in this check-in-I gained quite a bit of strength with Cheryl's workouts and I know you all will, too. While I'm not doing her workouts right now, I'm anxiously awaiting her next series!
Old 08-11-22, 07:59 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
While I'm not doing her workouts right now, I'm anxiously awaiting her next series!
Same here. I'll be doing her full body next as I'm trying to keep my main workout at about 30 min.
Old 08-11-22, 03:21 PM  
edensmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I just want to jump in here to say I really enjoy Lift w/ Cee's workouts. There is no dread factor in her workouts and she is inspirational. I did her 40-4-40 rotation at the beginning of the year and enjoyed it so much I went right into her PPL rotation. I have tried some of her other workouts from Plateau Buster and her Full Body Series and enjoyed them, but I'm hoping she puts out another rotation soon.

To all in this check-in-I gained quite a bit of strength with Cheryl's workouts and I know you all will, too. While I'm not doing her workouts right now, I'm anxiously awaiting her next series!
I liked PPL quite a bit and found 3 workouts per week super easy to stick with. I did the cardio of my choice and sometimes added a 2nd leg day.

I believe I saw on Instagram she was doing a toned arms program for this month and sharing it btwn Instagram and tiktok. I don't have tiktok or any interest in any more social media so I haven't seen all the posts.

Today was JS 20 min Fat Burning Cardio workout followed by the 6 week BPS week 1 day 4, Legs + glutes. The cardio part went fine but during my weights workout 2 of my cats were driving me crazy fighting and scratching the underside of the couch, which they have recently discovered. I had so much trouble focusing and my low back was not loving the hinging moves today. I considered doing a different workout but decided to widen my stance on the deadlifts into a sumo position. That position is way more comfortable for my body. I hate being grouchy during my workout time. Tomorrow will be better

Yesterday I rested.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 03:22 PM  
edensmom

edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 05:56 PM  
ellaenchanted

I started the Muscle Burn Fat series today with Legs and Shoulders. I matched Cee's weights but on shoulders I had to go down to 12.5 pounds for the last 2 sets. I had been doing Carline Girvan's Iron series and when week 4 came up yesterday, I just couldn't get into it. Today was the same feeling so I called it done and started MBF. The workouts are short so I can do YT walking workouts daily.

I hope she makes another series on YT.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 06:46 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I started the Muscle Burn Fat series today with Legs and Shoulders. I matched Cee's weights but on shoulders I had to go down to 12.5 pounds for the last 2 sets. I had been doing Carline Girvan's Iron series and when week 4 came up yesterday, I just couldn't get into it. Today was the same feeling so I called it done and started MBF. The workouts are short so I can do YT walking workouts daily.

I hope she makes another series on YT.
Nice! I just took another look at her YT channel because I hadn't heard of Muscle Burn Fat series. I now realized it is an advanced program so I won't be hitting that one for a while. I love that there are so many advanced programs to look forward to. I am pretty sure I will be in the intermediate range for a long time to come...lol.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-22, 10:53 PM  
Susan H
VF Supporter

I did Cee's 8 minute warmup and the second workout in the full body series. I really liked this one. Fierce was the word that came to mind while doing it. Then, I did a 15 minute stretch with Kayleigh Cohen. Yesterday, I did Improved Strength's Tabata for beginners. I made it more of a steady state workout by working through the 10-second rests.

Do any of you have a hard time doing strength workouts and cardio workouts that are mostly the same intensity? I find that I am pushing myself when doing strength workouts, but when it comes to cardio, I just want to take it easy. I used to be the opposite, favoring cardio.

Regarding Cee's weights, I could only dream of matching them. I am thinking about getting some heavier dumbbells, though.

Tlchello, it's great to have a hubby who is handy!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" —Thomas Edison

“Just because you’re not sick doesn’t mean you’re healthy.” — Author Unknown
Susan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 09:06 AM  
ellaenchanted

Susan, I love Improved Health's cardio workouts. Something about walking style cardio is both soothing and energizing. I have been also doing Burpeegirl, Body Kind Fitness and Pahla B. walking workouts. I need to get Leslie and Jessica back into the mix, too.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-22, 02:35 PM  
laurajhawk

Today I did 40-4-40 Ten - another good one! The assisted pistol squat is HARD. I also haven't done seated good mornings before, interesting and I felt it some in my lower back but suspect I didn't go heavy enough for that one.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote