Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-02-22, 11:04 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Oh duh. I just got back from a fasting (no coffee) blood draw. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I couldn't think of any Jill except Hudson; and strength made me think of weights. I also had to pee into a cup. My primary has ordered tests and referred me to a hematologist. I didn't know platelets could cause problems. Thick red blood cells can cause clotting apparently.

My primary referred me to a hematologist in the Pacific Cancer Care (PCC) Bldg, where I never want to set foot again. Worse, the PCC said I couldn't see the Dr to whom my primary referred me b/c I was not a new patient and guess who I was told I had to see -- my former oncologist (I ended up disliking him) who is also a hematologist. I then asked my primary for a different referral & got one & that's a relief. I'm seeing the hematologist in 3 weeks. I had no idea that so many Drs specialize in both oncology and hematology.

I think I'll take a nap now.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 11:13 AM  
lynnf

Oh gosh, that's a very good excuse. I hope everything is ok. Get some rest, for sure.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 11:42 AM  
Diana3271

Cynthia Did I miss something about some test results? No matter, I'm lifting you in prayer. {{hugs}}

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 07:22 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, I might not have posted them. A few things were too high, but the Dr. thought I night have been dehydrated. I knew I wasn't supposed to eat or drink, but missed the part about "except for water." So today's test was the re-do, and I drank a quart of water before the test.

I took a nap but still feel wiped out and today is a rest day.
Old 08-02-22, 08:44 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia Keep us updated. Based on my DH previous labs, there was a concern about maybe a kidney problem. Dehydration could also cause the numbers to look the way they did. He retested on Friday and we are waiting for the results. Let's hope both of you were dehydrated.

Check-In: 1 hour walk, JS Total Body Time Saver,

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-03-22, 09:18 AM  
lynnf

Sending prayers for all good results for Diana's DH and Cynthia on blood tests.

Yesterday did Jill Dailey day 1 of her strength challenge (5 days, 20 minutes), and Sarabeth 20 minute yoga #2, which was yoga for Grief (bad idea, I wasn't grieving when I went in, but was at the end). Today Dailey day 2, plus 15 minute Barre 3 strength. Hats off to Cynthia, Jill is multi notches harder than barre 3 -- a lot of the same moves, but her cues make them so much harder, and barre 3 gives plenty of breaks; she gives none. I would be terrified to do a class with her in front of me. I don't plan on giving up barre 3, but I think it's good to throw in more Dailey Method to kick things up a notch from time to time. But Jill does carry a bit of the dread factor for me. Still I definitely see how barre 3 seriously steals from her -- so interesting.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-22, 09:38 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 14,058

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 08-03-22, 11:33 AM  
seabliss

Checking in for yesterday, did an upper body strength workout, and today, did Inner and Outer Thigh Toning No Jumping/No Equipment, and 10-Minute Standing Abs, No Equipment, all from Heather. Also tons of walking.

Lynn, the workouts I did today are no-dread, because I didn't get enough sleep and am pretty tired. The second just has one segment of high knees, but obviously you could march in place. Everything in both of them other than that is low impact. Also the Low Impact Cardio+Legs is no dread, and it's mostly standing.

Cynthia and Diana, praying for the blood test results to be fine.
Old 08-03-22, 03:40 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, yes, Sadie used to be a Dailey Method instructor. Jill said Sadie was a very sweet person when I asked her if this was true. She had nothing bad to say. In person, Jill is very supportive and praised me for several things, including my knowledge of how to modify moves. Which I didn't learn from her. And unlike some instructors I've experienced, who bellowed across the room: Cynthia straighten your leg! Jill came over to me and whispered in my ear, straighten your leg a bit more. I whispered back, it doesn't straighten due to arthritis. So I know I'm in for a week of rigorous workouts in September, but no dread factor.

Cheryl, unlike you, I don't do a workout when I'm tired. Like today.

Diana, hoping for good results for your DH.

I had a good night's sleep until the alarm went off. I very rarely set the alarm anymore, but I wanted to get there in time to make the pancakes. I really enjoy making people happy with pancakes. Next Monday is the last of the kid groups season. I've got vegans -- 10 of them! I am ready with an excellent vegan pancake recipe that I got from the Pancakes (that's its title) book from amazon. I always try to find out dietary restrictions ahead of time, so no one is sad that they can't have pancakes. I had 2 kids last month who were allergic to eggs, so I made vegan pancakes for them, but I never had vegans before.

Check-in: half hour oceanview walk after pancakes.
Old 08-04-22, 08:12 AM  
seabliss

Today I did Total Body Strength Workout, Dumbbells Only. Yesterday I got far more steps than I wanted to. In other words, we should have taken the metro rather than make that last walk home. But it was more than 19k.

I slept wrong and now my neck is stiff and sore. Thought warming it up with the workout and then stretching would help, but I guess it will just take time.

Cynthia, you really bless a lot of people with those pancakes. I don't always work out when I'm tired, but I feel like I've lost/been losing strength due to tendonitis, so I am trying to be somewhat consistent with what I can do. Looking forward to seeing the doctor tomorrow.

DD started a Ninja Kids class at a new martial arts place a few blocks from us. Lovely owners, and the lady instructor really took Eliana under her wing and spoke to her in English/taught her form. DD was a little overwhelmed and was out of shape for the work, which was actually quite a lot (50 pushups!). But she wants to go back, so I'm proud of her for that. It's not usual for her to want to push through when something is hard.