Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-21, 02:51 PM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Feet Up Trainer

Hello All - Does anyone own a Feet Up trainer? If so, how do you like it?

Lollie
Lollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 03:20 PM  
laurajhawk

I bought myself one with Christmas money at the end of last year, and I quite like it, although tbh I haven't used it for a while. (So many workouts, so little time! ) I find it very easy to use, and since I'm an inversion-challenged yogi, easy is good The trainer itself is attractive and very sturdy. I've used it as a prop in other workouts that call for a chair or bench; obv the suitability depends on the actual moves you're doing.

I never did subscribe to the FeetUp app; I found some really nice practices by YogaCandi on YouTube that incorporate the FeetUp trainer, including a week-long "FeetUp challenge" that I did when I first got the trainer, in order to get used to it.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 04:10 PM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Thank you Laura. I was looking at the other inversion trainers but keep coming back to Feet Up. I may just put it in my Amazon cart this evening.

Lollie
Old 09-08-21, 05:03 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I hope you enjoy it! I have a basic headstand bench that I got used for a $20. I really like it but don't use it as often as I could. I've used the feet in studio yoga classes and it is definitely superior.
Mine is similar to this:
https://www.amazon.com/Headstand-Fit...1138407&sr=8-9

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 03:03 PM  
Steve4404

Feet up

Hi Lollie:

I purchased a feet up trainer last year and it the best fitness investment I ever made. I had shoulder surgery a few years ago so doing un-assisted handstands are out of the question for me. I have been using the feet up consistently for at least 4 days a week for close to a year and I love it. It is great for the core and there are so many great videos out there , you do not need to subscribe to the app, just look at their facebook page or search Youtube.

Get it, you will love it!
Steve4404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 03:38 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm so glad you asked this question. Hadn't heard of the Feet Up trainer til now, but had been sorta searching for a replacement for the cheapo yoga chair I got a few years ago that had a safety recall (sigh).

This is on my list now, for sure.
Old 09-10-21, 09:44 AM  
Lollie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve4404 View Post
Hi Lollie:

I purchased a feet up trainer last year and it the best fitness investment I ever made. I had shoulder surgery a few years ago so doing un-assisted handstands are out of the question for me. I have been using the feet up consistently for at least 4 days a week for close to a year and I love it. It is great for the core and there are so many great videos out there , you do not need to subscribe to the app, just look at their facebook page or search Youtube.

Get it, you will love it!
Steve4404, I am ordering today! Early birthday present to me! I am finding I NEED yoga at this age and stage in life. I have had to do some modifying the closer I get to 60. My runs have turned to run/walks, more stretching, the step has gone down from 8 inch to 4 inch, really loving the non impact cardio (spin and swimming). Modifying is a good thing. I am excited to incorporate Feet Up into my yoga practice.

Thanks for commenting!
Old 09-10-21, 01:52 PM  
Steve4404

Feet up

Hi Lollie:

So happy to help. I purchased mine at age 62 (I am 63 now) so its never too late. It took me a while to get upside down at first. I think the key is to just keep trying every day. I really think that being inverted for a few minutes every day has a lot of benefits. Please post and let us know how you like it.

Steve
Steve4404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-21, 01:37 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I never heard about this piece of equipment before. I don't think I need/want it now but this forum is a wealth of information. Thanks!
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feet up trainer, headstand, inversion chair, yoga headstand bench