Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-21, 05:25 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I will keep wearing it inside in public places even though I am vaccinated. Most places indoors in NJ require them. I lost my.mother to Covid. I will keep wearing it.
Yes, I still wear mine and I'm vaccinated, too. Most places here in Illinois are requiring masks, and places that aren't requiring it for vaccinated folk still have folks wearing masks. I lost my MIL to Covid, so I am cautious. I worry that those in stores without masks aren't vaccinated.

Although it was difficult to do an eye exam today while wearing a mask. It is hard to determine if # 1 is clearer than #2 when I'm fogging up the testing equipment. The doctor told me to not cover my nose with my mask for the rest of the exam.

And I always use a mask when cleaning the litter box, so I will never throw my masks out!
Old 06-21-21, 05:27 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I wear them when in (potentially) crowded indoor public places. Some businesses here still require them, but wearing masks is no longer required by the state. I have auto-immune disorders and I don't trust that I'm as covered as others whose immune systems are healthy.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Old 06-21-21, 07:22 PM  
rykram

I still am required to wear one at work, so I do 40+ hours a week. Off work, it depends. At first, I did if the workers were still wearing masks even though I’m fully vaccinated. Now though as the temperatures are rising, i find I don’t wear it as often. Honestly, it sort of depends on how small the store is and how crowded it might be. We just came from the mall. Mostly, I didn’t wear it but when I went into a smaller store I did as a courtesy.

Mask wearing doesn’t bother me so much, I think, cause I deal with the public all day and honestly the mask comes in handy with a smelly person (smokers really have no clue how much that scent sticks to them) or when I’m muttering curse words at a rude person under my breath
Old 06-21-21, 07:27 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I'm really enjoying NOT being required to mask most places where I live. I have to be masked at work.

If I am asked (or required) to wear a mask, I do so without complaint. But when I don't have to, I don't.
Old 06-21-21, 07:29 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i still wear mine out even though i am vaccinated and so is everyone i know. we still do not socialize with others either.

as you said, the vaccine isn't 100% and i'm not into catching covid and/or the variants. a good friend of ours in NY had covid and he still has lung damage 1 year later.
Old 06-21-21, 07:38 PM  
carly

I still wear my mask indoors in public and I am fully vaccinated. Our state is currently only 34% vaccinated. I have several friends who have become long haulers after having Covid ranging in age from 35 to 55 at the 8 month mark. Ranging from fatigue to heart and lung damage. The extra protection of a mask for myself and others is a easy decision for me.
Old 06-21-21, 08:32 PM  
Sollamyn

I go without a mask occasionally now, but when my state first opened up fully on June 11, I almost always wore my mask everywhere. It's still a requirement for medical appointments and some stores are asking everyone to mask up, which I do out of courtesy (although is most cases, vaccinated people don't have to--but who can tell who is who?).

My county has a very low positive test rate (and only 7 active cases as of today), so I feel pretty good about not wearing a mask in most situations. I am not going to theaters or indoor concerts or bars or anything like that, though. In those situations, I guess I would wear a mask. I would be probably one of the only ones wearing one, though, and that's why I don't go to those places. I'm still uncomfortable around so many people!

Donna
Old 06-21-21, 08:37 PM  
upperwside

I'm fully vaccinated, but in Ontario we still have a mask mandate as we are still rolling out vaccinations. Once they drop it I'll stop wearing a mask unless in crowded areas for a while.
Old 06-21-21, 09:13 PM  
BunnyHop

Another thought I've had is that I'm keeping my masks long term because of influenza. I get the flu shot every year, but also plan to mask up during flu season moving forward.
Old 06-21-21, 09:46 PM  
Izzy

I am vaccinated and rarely socialize. If I were in a bar or a large group then yes I would. If I am required to I would. Most stores etc in my area mask are not required if you are vaccinated. When I shop I don’t wear a mask and stay 6 feet apart from others. At my work, a library, it’s optional and most staff wear them. I don’t have to in my office area and I am rarely out with the public. At church I don’t and try to get a pew by myself. I am glad I don’t have to mask up everywhere. I just could never get comfortable wearing it. But I live my life very cautiously.

Tags
coronavirus, covid restrictions, covid-19, masks