Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-21, 11:21 PM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Worked and worked out

I got the moderna vaccine. I worked out the morning after and had to work as well. Only issue with both? Sore arm. That was it. Stayed well hydrated.

Dh (who had covid) was fine with both as well. I kept watching him since they said people who’ve had covid usually have reactions.

Now shingrix??? Let’s just say I’m glad I never have to get them again. But a small price to pay to avoid shingles.

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 03:57 AM  
Erica H.

[QUOTE=Cleda;2916516\

Now shingrix??? Let’s just say I’m glad I never have to get them again. But a small price to pay to avoid shingles.

\[/QUOTE]

I had no problems with Shingrix (other than my arm being crazy sore with both doses and maybe feeling a little off the second day after my first shot), but DH was very sick with both. He got even sicker after tetanus, which we were surprised about that (he had that last Thursday, so I don't know how long he should wait for covid now that he's eligible). I'm dreading the covid vaccine for him.

Thank you for sharing everyone! It's really interesting to read all the different responses to the vaccine.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 05:33 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
For those who have had the Covid vaccine, were you able to exercise the day after your first shot? What about the second? I might be getting my first shot later this week and am wondering what to expect the next day even though I know everyone reacts differently.

I haven't had Covid (that I know of) and I usually don't have reactions to vaccines other than a sore arm, so I'm expecting the first shot to go well. My poor DH has terrible reactions to vaccines and I don't know how he's going to handle these (he doesn't have an appt. yet). He must have an overreactive immune system.

Erica
I was able to work out the day OF both of my vaccines. With the first shot, I had a sore arm and also with the second shot, but less so.
Old 03-15-21, 05:46 AM  
Izzy

I had #1 Phizer. I was sick for two days and had lingering headache for a week. I did walk both days after the shot but was very tired and I didn’t push myself. I got a sore throat, swollen mouth and pain in my left side, hips and legs on top of the headaches. The headache and fatigue lasted a week. #2 is scheduled for the 26. To my knowledge I did not have Covid. I didn’t have any reaction to the Shingles shot.
Old 03-15-21, 05:47 AM  
amoodygirl

I got my first shot a week and a half ago. Sore arm but I read that if you have the shot in your dominant arm, you will work through the soreness quicker because you move that arm more. That seems to be the case. Although a bit tired, I managed to maintain my regular workout schedule without a problem.

Second shot is on 3/27 and I'm expecting the flu like symptoms. So I stocked up on Tylenol. My husband got his first earlier that same week and will get his second on 4/1.

I got the Pfizer and he got the Moderna. So it will be interesting to see if and who gets any side effects. I'm glad we are spaced out because we have 2 disabled cats and we both can't be sidelined in their care.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 08:32 AM  
BigBadBetty

I got my first (Moderna) shot last week. My arm was sore, but nothing that would prevent a workout. I don't get my second shot until Easter. I read that women and younger people are more likely to have a strong reaction to the second shot. My mom (late 70s) has no real side effects. My sister (early 50s) and friend (40) felt like crap the day after the first shot. I decided to take off work the day after the shot since I am right between my sister and my friend in age. And if I feel fine, I will just enjoy the day off. I am thankful to work at a place that gives me ample vacation and sick leave.
BigBadBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 09:13 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I worked out 365 days last year and am on track for 365 this year. Come hell, high water, aches and pains, fever or chills, I'm not missing a day after my second vaccine.
I hope you are right. The day after I got my second shot I could barely get to the bathroom!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 09:22 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I hope you are right. The day after I got my second shot I could barely get to the bathroom!

Carol

That's what I was thinking too after seeing my poor DH after his other vaccines (not Covid yet). He was so sick! He doesn't exercise (not formal exercise anyway), but there was no way he could have if he wanted to!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 09:50 AM  
Demeris

Quote:

That's what I was thinking too after seeing my poor DH after his other vaccines (not Covid yet). He was so sick! He doesn't exercise (not formal exercise anyway), but there was no way he could have if he wanted to!

Erica
This is how I felt after the second Shingrix shot. I not only didn't want to workout, I couldn't have. For two days it felt as though I had the flu.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 10:05 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:

Erica
Honestly, I have never had fatigue like I had with my second Covid vaccine, and shots usually do not bother me. Someone at work observed that the vaccine gets all the skinny people (with major side effects) and leaves the heavier folks alone & apparently there is some research that backs that up - something to do with weight causing your immune system to be suppressed. At least that was our experience among school personnel. Not meaning to be unkind at all - so let me know if I need to delete that.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines