Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-21, 07:23 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat day 2 Shoulders - Supersets

I used mainly my 8s, 6.5s. Used 1 10lb for moves with 2 arms holding the one DB. Felt my core and when my shoulders raised and my neck tensed I lowered my weight and felt like a wimp.
Old 09-09-21, 07:40 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and Caroline Epic III glutes (day 3) but only standing portion with the add on quads she posted on Monday. Added on a 10 minute squat workout from RC fitness.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-21, 07:52 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat Day 3 Legs. I'm staying with lower weights for me mostly a pair of 15lb and a single 20lb. Anything with pulses or 1/2 reps I used the single 20lb.
Old 09-10-21, 08:36 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat Day 3 Legs. I'm staying with lower weights for me mostly a pair of 15lb and a single 20lb. Anything with pulses or 1/2 reps I used the single 20lb.
I'm thinking of doing a lot of her lower body workouts again using lower weights to really concentrate on form.

Kaleigh spin today and Sydney's Strong back/biceps AMRAP. Didn't like Sydney's workout much and won't do it again with so many other options. I saw her lower body workout that she posted today and it looked the same as most of her other workouts. I don't know what I expect...maybe I'm just cranky.

Erica
Old 09-12-21, 07:47 AM  
buffmama

Today was a rest day. I was going to power through to the first HIIT in Heat but an eczema flare up has me thinking some decompression time is in order. Gentle pilates and long (for me) meditation so far. A walk and long yin practice to come. So far Heat seems to have less dread - whether it's because it's shorter or because I'm lightening up a bit I don't know.
Old 09-12-21, 08:31 AM  
Erica H.

buffmama - hope you get some relief from the eczema soon. My dd has had it since she was an infant.

Kaleigh spin and Epic III days 1 & 2 this weekend. I did the Epic III workouts last week but liked them so I did them again, plus I was too lazy to find something different to do.

Erica
Old 09-13-21, 06:48 AM  
buffmama

Thanks Erica. I'm working on it. Very consciously.

Today was EPIC Heat Day 5 HIIT Burpees! Oh my. Loving the shorter duration of these.
Old 09-13-21, 07:20 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin and lower body from a new youtube instructor for me - Leona's Isolation Motivation channel. I liked the workout a lot and am going to check out her other workouts.

Planning on doing Epic 3 MTW workouts one day late this week and am looking forward to that.

Erica
Old 09-15-21, 08:13 AM  
buffmama

Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat Day 6 Chest and Triceps yesterday
Caroline Girvan EPIC Heat Day 7 Leg Day today

I had an assortment of weights I used. 15s were where I started. I did bridges instead of the hamstring lifts and used one 25lb dropping to BW for the pulses. Like that she gives the cue to use weight when she goes BW if you can -that embraces those using lower weights.
Old 09-15-21, 09:00 AM  
Erica H.

Kaleigh spin yesterday and today.

Epic III back/biceps/core but skipped core yesterday. Loved this one. Went heavy on back but dropped way down for biceps

Today, Epic III leg complexes. Loved this one too. Tough workout!

Will do Epic III chest/shoulders/triceps tomorrow and looking forward to it.

Erica

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle