Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-21, 12:36 PM  
Erica H.

I did Sydney Cumming's upper body AMRAP workout that she posted this morning. I liked it - 4 minutes of chest/triceps (one exercise each), then 4 minutes of back/biceps, then she did that again with new moves, followed by 2 1/2 minutes of chest/triceps and 2 1/2 minutes of back/biceps. Went for a run and later a walk with DH. Beautiful day here after a long winter!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 05:16 AM  
bex

Last night's workout was EPIC Day 32, Obliques and Shoulders. Nothing not to like about this workout. Thorough but not too tough, good for a day where I'd already ridden my bike to & from work, which gives me an hour of cardio.

Although I have to say that I love riding my bike, but I still find the 'bicycle' ab move absolutely excruciating. What's up with that?

No other extras, just get in there and get it done. BAM!

Warmup was Mr & Mrs Muscle 5 Min Warmup Full Body, which is enough for a slow & steady weights day. Cool down was Mr & Mrs Muscle Upper Body Stretch which is just lovely after hitting the shoulders.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 05:49 AM  
IceQueen07

Today is an active rest day for EPIC I. Decided to do KCM's new Box & Pump 4. Liked the workout, because it is supposed to be a rest day, I used really light weights for that portion, but did use my egg weights for the boxing.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 09:09 AM  
buffmama

Beginner Epic Day 2 BW Upper Body. Dread inducing but doable. Liked the back work. Maybe some reverse planks would have been nice but I think this one is great to build strength. I followed with Heather Robertson Low Impact Cardio 16 min. More planks and push ups here. I think I got my daily dose!
Old 03-11-21, 09:10 AM  
buffmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
buffmama - I get Kassandra's weekly newsletters and she mentioned the challenge there - I think this week's newsletter will have details which I will post here. Last year it was 10 min in yoga in the morning, so easy to fit in!

Today I continued on w/ LWR...

Donna
Thanks Donna. I didn't see a place to sign up for the newsletters. Do you get them after you just submit your email for a challenge?
Old 03-11-21, 09:50 AM  
ChelePA

Today I doubled up on my Anna workouts to stay on track. HIIT it Harder Days 10 and 11. Day 10 was a Full Body using weights, no repeat. She uses 4 kg. I decided to keep it lighter today and only used 6 pounds. It's a great metabolic workout that gets the heart rate up nicely. There was a section where she has her hands on the dumbbells in plank position for several exercises in a row. I modified hands to the floor when she combined it with push-ups. Day 11 was Upper Body Burner, no equipment and no repeat. This one actually worked my core lots Most of the moves are in some form of plank position. She also includes many variations of push-ups. She finished with a frog stand...wow! Future goals . My wrists were really feeling it towards the end. Both workouts are 30 minutes each including warm-up and stretch.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 10:11 AM  
Erica H.

I did parts of lower body workouts from Epic 1 today - I think day 11 and day 13. Quads and then hamstrings/glutes. Went for a run, too.

Erica
Old 03-11-21, 01:53 PM  
IceQueen07

Anyone here get or thinking of getting Jessica Smith's new Lift and Shift program? Just wondering how it may be compared to Caroline/Heather/Growing Annanas.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-21, 08:42 AM  
buffmama

Day 3 Beginner Epic BW Abs. No surprises here. Beginner Epic done - would definitely do this as an easy mental week when needed. I have a one week calendar of Anna's workouts with DB on tap for next week.
Old 03-12-21, 08:51 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
Anyone here get or thinking of getting Jessica Smith's new Lift and Shift program? Just wondering how it may be compared to Caroline/Heather/Growing Annanas.
It sounds good, but I don't even know how to use it and it's too much money for me to justify spending when I have so many workouts on DVD and youtube that I already love.

I did Heather's chest/back/shoulders workout that she posted a couple of days ago and liked it a lot. Went for a run, too.

Erica

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle