Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-21, 07:14 AM  
buffmama

I did Caroline's Defiant DB HIIT this morning and I did not move as quickly as she does! I never do. Good workout. I used a range of weights from 15-6.5lbs. It was a good way to end the KB week. It kept my heartrate up and I love that there was no jumping. I'm looking forward to the RDL workout she posted today. Will wait to see how she incorporates it into next weeks calendar.
Old 03-26-21, 08:48 AM  
ChelePA

Anna's HIIT It Harder Day 26 challenge was labeled Freaky Friday HIIT, no equipment or repeat. Always my favorite! 30 exercises, 50 seconds on/10 off. A variety of very familiar moves with a few new ones added in. It was a total body workout. My legs felt very heavy today. I completed a higher intensity cycling class last evening (trying a new instructor) and was still feeling it this morning.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 02:31 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Manleym...I think Anna's challenge is only 28 days. Let me know if you are going to do the Heather rotation? And when you will start?
I'm ready to start when you are. Sounds like you just have a few more days of Anna's challenge? Let me know when you're finished and are ready to start Heather's rotation.
manleym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 02:38 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I'm ready to start when you are. Sounds like you just have a few more days of Anna's challenge? Let me know when you're finished and are ready to start Heather's rotation.
Sunday is usually only a quick stretch to finish the week. I can start Sunday or Monday. Let me know what works for you. Excited to try another instructor!
Old 03-27-21, 07:00 AM  
ChelePA

I see 2lazy4gym has started doing Caroline’s workouts. I recommended Anna and Kat in an email a few weeks ago. We’ll see what she thinks if she decides to try those classes.

Anna’s HIIT It Harder Day 26 was a short 12 minute tabata workout. No repeats. No warm up or cool down. 20/10 format. Nice add on to my 45 minute Billy Joel cycling class. It wasn’t a true tabata for a few of the exercises but that’s the norm for many of her routines.

Happy Saturday!
Old 03-27-21, 07:40 AM  
IceQueen07

This morning did Heather's Total Body Strength - still following 2Lazy4Gym rotation. Used heavier weights. This is a really good strength work out. Works a body part with 2 exercises, 2 rounds, then a cardio burst before moving on to the next body part. Will definitely do this one again. Some of the exercises next time I will go heavier on. It was less than 40 minutes which is the amount I normally like to spend on a workout.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 08:37 AM  
buffmama

Caroline's 1000 rep lunge challenge followed by her at home Booty Workout with Ankle Weights. I do Not recommend the lunge challenge - nothing fun here. I could not even do it with Caroline - I watched one rep, then did it on my own. I broke most down into smaller sets and didn't time the workout but did every. last. rep. The booty workout was as expected. I used 2lbs, she used 2kg. Good for you Caroline! It's amazing I even did it. Thank goodness tomorrow is upper body - didn't expect to say that after all the presses this week. Oh well, Monday is pilates and yoga. Enjoy the day everyone.
Old 03-27-21, 09:40 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I did Caroline's Defiant DB HIIT this morning and I did not move as quickly as she does! I never do. Good workout. I used a range of weights from 15-6.5lbs. It was a good way to end the KB week. It kept my heartrate up and I love that there was no jumping. I'm looking forward to the RDL workout she posted today. Will wait to see how she incorporates it into next weeks calendar.
I did the Defiant workout yesterday and liked too! I did the RDL workout this morning and thought it was very good.

Quote:
I see 2lazy4gym has started going Caroline’s workouts.
Thanks for the update on this! I will enjoy her reviews on Caroline's workouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
Caroline's 1000 rep lunge challenge followed by her at home Booty Workout with Ankle Weights. I do Not recommend the lunge challenge - nothing fun here. I could not even do it with Caroline - I watched one rep, then did it on my own. I broke most down into smaller sets and didn't time the workout but did every. last. rep.
I did the 100 rep challenge and liked it a lot. I expected to use light weights with it but couldn't keep up with Caroline so I just used body weight and felt like it was a good workout.

Today I did part of a lower body workout from Epic 1 (Day 47?) and the RDL workout she just posted. Went for a run too.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 05:57 PM  
manleym

Yesterday I did Heather’s Cardio Kickboxing Fat Burning Workout + Cardio Kickboxing Workout. Both were decent cardio workouts, but I would have liked some back and side kicks, and hooks/upper cuts. Both workouts were mostly front kicks and front jabs. I wore weighted gloves, but light hand weights would work too. Heather used light hand weights.

Today I did Caroline's 5 Min Full Body Warm Up + Caroline Defiant Dumbbell HIIT Workout + Anna 30 min Killer Leg Workout - Lower Body, No Equipment, No Repeat - Hiit It Harder Day 23. I LOVED both workouts, especially in the order I did them. They really worked well together. Agree that some of Caroline's reps were fast so I had to use lighter weights. I wore ankle weights for Anna's workout, and having done Caroline's before, it was the perfect intensity.
Old 03-27-21, 06:04 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Sunday is usually only a quick stretch to finish the week. I can start Sunday or Monday. Let me know what works for you. Excited to try another instructor!
Sunday is a stretch/yoga/rest day for me too. Let's start Monday! Yay!

Quote:
I see 2lazy4gym has started doing Caroline’s workouts. I recommended Anna and Kat in an email a few weeks ago. We’ll see what she thinks if she decides to try those classes.
I noticed that too. I'm glad she's starting to review Caroline's workouts. Hope she reviews Anna and Kat too. Great idea to email her. She is the guru/go-to for many of us!

Tags
calisthenics, caroline girvan, epic, growingannanas, heather robertson, mrandmrsmuscle