Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-14, 06:16 AM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

As another Canadian, I would just like to add my praise for the Canadian healthcare system. I know it's not perfect, but I personally have had only positive experiences throughout my life. We are so lucky to have it, and it consistently ranks as one of the things we are most proud of as a country (that, and winning gold medals in Olympic hockey).

By my own choice, I currently see a nurse practitioner as my primary health care provider, and she is great. I have never had the impression that she is pushing prescription drugs or any particular agenda at me. She is pleased that I exercise regularly, and the only things she seems to 'push' at me every visit is to eat more vegetables!

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Old 09-03-14, 07:04 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post

Jackie, see which pages are dominating your feed. I made the huge mistake of liking Buzzfeed, Huffington Post and Upworthy. OMG, these sites literally commandeered my feed and I just had to get rid of them.
FB has a new feature where if you get a share from a site you don't want to see, click on the upper right arrow and select that you want to hide everything from that site. This works on those stupid diet ads as well. You can even tell them why you object to the site.

I used it to cleanse my feed of Mercola, Natural News, Raw for Beauty and other quacktastic sites. (Food Hunk and Chow Babe are worth following, though - they're hilarious!)

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 09-03-14, 07:36 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
I think your decision to unfriend her comes to this - how much do posts like these bother you? If you are able to ignore them and focus on the other stuff she posts that interests you, you don't need to unfriend her, but if this is really something that has changed your perspective/feelings about her and is not something you can ignore then you should unfriend her.
Donna
This. Overall, does visiting her page make you feel positive or negative? If negative, time for the Joni-O. Life is too short to stress about FB.

Last edited by athompson10; 09-03-14 at 07:36 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-03-14, 08:38 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

The state of healthcare in the USA is appalling. Medical insurance companies run everything, not the doctors. No wonder folks go online and try to find help there. I have done it myself, with varying degrees of success.

I can't say any more because we aren't supposed to get political.

POSTURE CHECK!
Old 09-03-14, 09:28 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
The state of healthcare in the USA is appalling. Medical insurance companies run everything, not the doctors. No wonder folks go online and try to find help there. I have done it myself, with varying degrees of success.

I can't say any more because we aren't supposed to get political.
Oh I can name that tune. It is frustrating.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 09-03-14, 09:49 AM  
mle777

I actually de-actived my Facebook account because I got annoyed by the drama, the political comments, the odds shares, and a couple of other reasons. There were certain instructors that I liked following, but then there were others that would say stupid stuff and I have trouble doing their workouts anymore b/c some of their comments would annoy me so much (yes, I'm looking at you Bizzie Gold who thinks that Chalene stole the concept of Piyo from Buti).

I like what Donna said, if the good outweighs the bad, than stick with her. If not, there's no need to expose yourself to something that's going to stress you out. Life comes with enough stress, reading frustrating posts on Facebook is optional

3x Tough Mudder
Old 09-03-14, 10:31 AM  
Scorpio6

rosepetals, thank you so much for sharing. I take a number of natural supplements that help me with my severe L hip arthritis. You did a beautiful job of elucidating another viewpoint on health.
Old 09-03-14, 10:52 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

I am closing this thread because it had become more of a discussion of the controversial topics that some instructors post on FB rather than how to deal with seeing something on FB that you aren't comfortable with that was posted an instructor. I think the latter question has been answered.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Closed Thread

Tags
alternative medicine, facebook, t-tapp, teresa tapp