Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-18, 11:48 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

IMO social media participation is a personal choice, I wouldn't ridicule anyone for using it or not using it.
[EDIT] And VF is social media. Anyone can lurk, I did for a while before I joined.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-18, 11:25 PM  
videofit

I have a fake name in an empty profile so I can read information.
Old 04-02-18, 08:02 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue B View Post
I use my Facebook account to follow blogs, local news, some fitness pages, some nostalgia pages and that's it.

Facebook is horrible for having actual discussions like we're having here. If something doesn't get replied to in about 12 hours, it falls off into oblivion. At VF you can discuss a topic a week later, a month later or 10 years later! There's much more sense of community at VF, instead of the "look at MEEE!" of Facebook.
Not much has changed in 5 years I belong to a few closed groups, enjoy some nostalgia pages and find out from our school system if it's a snow day. But nowadays, most of Facebook and Twitter are taken over by people pushing MLM crap.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 08:04 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

My case is a little different. I'm on Facebook, but mostly for the Facebook groups (i.e., vegan groups, fitness, etc.). My friend count is in the single digits. At the beginning, I was excited about connecting with old friends, but then I realized that a lot of these folks who were trying to reconnect with me I wouldn't exactly call friends in high school and college. Showed me that folks were just trying to be nosy. Last year I deleted about 90% of my friends on Facebook and just have close family members.

Paula
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-18, 08:26 AM  
Indy

I don't do Facebook. I have a fake name & account but don't friend anybody and I don't really see too much. I consider it an incredible time suck - and I'm too private. I didn't grow up in that generation that did selfies and posted everything so I don't do it now. I see the advantages to it but I also see the negatives. I already have to much of an internet presence for my taste. No judgement on those that do embrace it.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, old thread alert