Heehee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmonkey2 View Post
Utterly brilliant!
Love the quote!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 05:05 PM  
momofcha

Thanks for sending the message! I just dont get it? Maybe they don't want to post clips because the new DVDs are no different than any of the others? Who knows. All I do know is they won't be getting any more of my money I'm so turned off right now.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 05:41 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
I just did that (posted it to their wall). I don't care if they blacklist me or whatever. Sometimes I think corporations just have no idea how their actions look to customers -- they might be trying to keep a "clean look" to their wall, or they might not have the staffing to answer questions so they're trying to enforce "wall is for advertising only", or something like that -- I'm trying to be nice here by theorizing they might just be incompetent with the social-networking thing, and not actually realize that what they're doing is rude and smacks of censorship. "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
Is your comment still there? I just went to their wall & only see their advertisements....

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 06:03 PM  
daisysunshine

I can answer your questions, Sue!

1: they don't ever do clips - so I don't think they'll have clips for mile high [you'll have to wait for Mary to get it]

2: they'll SAY it's 45ish or so minutes, and it's TOTALLY different than most other workouts - but it's still down an inch, up an inch, and most of the same work as the other dvds. and it will be reallly short.

Honestly, I LIKE Carrie, I loved the burn and stuff I got w/Pure Barre, truly - but for me it was just NOT worth it for me.

Re: the FB stuff - it's just the same problem I had with Ballet Beautiful. Anything I asked, got Deleted, anything that wasn't "OMG - BALLET BEAUTIFUL CHANGED MY LIFE!" got deleted, to the point that they deleted me. I'm really sorry they treated you like poo, Sue. and truthfully - these people have to realise this day and age - you REALLY have to treat people well.

if you like something you are likely to tell 1 person. if you hate something you tell EVERYONE. ...

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 08:08 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
Which Pure Barre Facebook page is it? The "Company" page with the PB logo on it? The wall for that one gives a shout out to new franchise owners and the most recent post is announcing a new PB Lakewood Ranch, FL location. Am I am on the correct page?
That's the one where I posted, and yes, they've deleted my post already. Glamgal, good thinking sending to Carrie's private inbox.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-11, 10:25 PM  
Orlita

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisysunshine View Post
if you like something you are likely to tell 1 person. if you hate something you tell EVERYONE. ...
So true. I'm stunned that they let someone be in charge of their FB page who had so little sense with regard to corporate social networking. But when Carrie visited our local Pure Barre for a class, she was super sweet and approachable. Deleting posts doesn't fit with my sense of her at all. Maybe she was wondering, how come people never post questions on our FB page?

My post asking for DVD length wasn't deleted when this issue came up before (12/14). It wasn't answered but it wasn't deleted. It's still there. Maybe I slipped by undetected by the censors.

I still love the live classes. But I probably don't need more DVDs, unless they've done something special. When I'm not in PB class, I usually opt for a non-PB DVD, just for variety & different technique tips.
Orlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 06:57 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

message from Carrie Rezabek Dorr

Carrie did read this thread, and she asked me to pass along the following message:

Quote:
I'm disappointed to read the above comments as we are not a company that operates in such a manner. I've addressed the issue internally and will be monitoring it myself as well. To answer the questions that I have read in this thread: the dvds are each around 40 minutes long and each dvd is the Pure Barre workout (a total body workout)- meaning there is a warmup, thigh section, stretch, seat section, abdominal series and end stretch. Each video works the muscles by performing small isometric movements. What changes in each DVD are the positions, choreography and prop.

Pure Barre is a company not only with a DVD series but with 80 franchises. I take tremendous pride in the fact that I'm a CEO of a company this size and still make every decision based off my passion for the technique. I am well aware of the importance of social media, branding and customer service as are our employees and it disappoints me that this may have not been your experience.

I am happy to give each of you that have already posted in this thread a copy of the latest DVD Mile High. Please send a message to my personal Facebook account with your address and we will get them shipped out.

Thanks and have a great 2012.
Carrie Rezabek Dorr
NOTE from Wendy - I'd like to ask that those of you who have posted here also include your VF user name if you contact Carrie about her DVD offer so that she can verify that you posted in this thread before this message was posted. Carrie has made this offer to the small number of people who have already posted their concerns in this thread but she obviously cannot send the DVD to everyone. Her personal FB page is at http://www.facebook.com/carrie.rezabek

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 07:20 PM  
fatkat555

I'm so glad to hear her response! It's good to know that even though she is CEO of such a large company she still remains in touch with her customers' feelings and thoughts. There are so many that could learn from her.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 07:20 PM  
Darisa

I'm glad Carrie is making this right.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-11, 07:24 PM  
daisysunshine

that's really sweet of her.
I shall mssg her.

...right now you're saying, no i can't do this. you should know by now i don't train that way - Dasha Libin

offering the two tracey mallet dance workouts, pm me.
daisysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
facebook, pure barre