Old 05-06-11, 12:20 PM  
icebergslim

Good article on Cameron Diaz now lifting heavy weights

Her biceps, arms are great.

Article Link, Here
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 01:58 PM  
videofit

I posted that on the Jillian arms link. Here is another article about her working out with the boyfriend who is no couch potato. She has never been fat nor watched what she ate and has always exercised, but clearly she is kicking things up a notch, which goes to show there is always room for improvement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-together.html
Old 05-06-11, 02:27 PM  
Pascal

Her arms are amazing!! That look her biceps/shoulders have is the exact look I have wanted ever since I saw it on Marla Duncan and Debbie Kruck back in the day. However, I have horrible, horrible eating habits and have no excuses and no one to blame other than myself for my lack of discipline and my abundance of excess body fat.

But bravo, Cameron. She looks great!!
Old 05-06-11, 02:31 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofit View Post
I posted that on the Jillian arms link. Here is another article about her working out with the boyfriend who is no couch potato. She has never been fat nor watched what she ate and has always exercised, but clearly she is kicking things up a notch, which goes to show there is always room for improvement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-together.html
True she has always been thin and I remembered reading an article years ago stating she ate cheeseburgers, fried foods, etc. But her arms were never like they are now. Even she at 38 has realized that she needs to get her diet together and seems like her boyfriend has inspired her to get in the gym. Good for him.
Old 05-06-11, 02:36 PM  
Calistro

I love Cameron shape and I think she looks fantastic too.

I remember looking at her arms in the newspaper with friends from work and I commented on how lovely her muscles were, and my friends were horrified and said she is too muscular, just like a man, and I responded that they dont know what muscle is.

Why are women so afraid of a little muscle? Cameron must be one of the few female celebrities who isn't.

Calistro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 02:53 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
I love Cameron shape and I think she looks fantastic too.

I remember looking at her arms in the newspaper with friends from work and I commented on how lovely her muscles were, and my friends were horrified and said she is too muscular, just like a man, and I responded that they dont know what muscle is.

Why are women so afraid of a little muscle? Cameron must be one of the few female celebrities who isn't.

it is called education. People are so quick to repeat rumor as fact without doing their own due diligence. I have my aunts and cousins asking me how I got my arm fat down and how it looks so toned. I told them to start doing push ups, start doing bicep/tricep/chest exercises with heavy weight, start watching your diet. And one of my aunts said, "lifting heavy gives you heavy muscles." And again, I had to explain the "muscle burns fat' thingy, but some still did not believe it. I finally said, the only way you are going to get that giggle from under your arms is that you do something about it and it is the combination of what I am doing. I told them I work my arms with 10-20# dumbbells and heavy push ups. Women, still afraid of picking up a dumbbell or barbell. I don't get it.

Oh, and Cameron's arms reminded me of Angela Bassett when she played Tina Turner. Her arms were so RIPPED everyone was talking about "I want that". Well, it is called, "Work".
Old 05-06-11, 03:04 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebergslim View Post
it is called education. People are so quick to repeat rumor as fact without doing their own due diligence. I have my aunts and cousins asking me how I got my arm fat down and how it looks so toned. I told them to start doing push ups, start doing bicep/tricep/chest exercises with heavy weight, start watching your diet. And one of my aunts said, "lifting heavy gives you heavy muscles." And again, I had to explain the "muscle burns fat' thingy, but some still did not believe it. I finally said, the only way you are going to get that giggle from under your arms is that you do something about it and it is the combination of what I am doing. I told them I work my arms with 10-20# dumbbells and heavy push ups. Women, still afraid of picking up a dumbbell or barbell. I don't get it.

Oh, and Cameron's arms reminded me of Angela Bassett when she played Tina Turner. Her arms were so RIPPED everyone was talking about "I want that". Well, it is called, "Work".
I'm always amazed by people who ask someone how they got a certain way then don't believe the answer.

Cameron looks wonderful. Good for her. Alex isn't too bad either. Although I do have to wonderful if that fellow rider who came to her aid (in the second article) knew who she was. Cyclists are typically a good bunch.
Old 05-06-11, 04:50 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

The photo of her leaving the gym (the only one in which she has 'guns') is one I remember from a while ago, whereas she doesn't seem to have much definition in the Elle photos.

Anyone else notice that they describe her routine by saying how many reps she does (15 for biceps...I'm assuming the 25 for overhead presses is also reps?) but don't mention the weight she uses? I thought that was a bit strange.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-11, 04:53 PM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andtckrtoo View Post
I'm always amazed by people who ask someone how they got a certain way then don't believe the answer.
And have never tried it themselves, but talk like *they* know the truth.

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-11, 09:55 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
And have never tried it themselves, but talk like *they* know the truth.
Actually this happens frequently on VF. There have been many threads about various instructors & how they got so ripped (eg. Tracy Effinger) and there are always plenty of responses from posters who say, "No way she got that way from doing just HER own workouts. She must be doing heavy weights."

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cameron diaz, celebrities, weight lifting