Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-21-21, 09:38 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardnas View Post
Tale of the Nine Tailed.
Free on VIKI in Korean w/ Eng subtitles.
I just finished watching Police University (with Cha Taehyun). I don't watch much fantasy, but I'll check out your recommendation. Thanks for the link
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 08:10 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Just finished season 4 of 24, with Kiefer Sutherland. Most of my binges are relaxing and don’t require much thought on my part so I’m only part-way paying attention. This is different. Too much brain power is required for it to be relaxing.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 05:38 PM  
cttx31

Not binge watching, but currrently really enjoying the following

Ordinary Joe (NBC)
Impeachment: American Crime (fx/hulu)
Dopesick (hulu)
You Season 3 (Netflix)

Recently watched Maid (Netflix), loved it!

Carol T
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 11:37 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

We're about 5 episodes in to Twin Peaks: The Return. This show is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. I'm actually finding it a bit disorientating. We watched the original a few weeks ago and now we see all the cast 25 years older. Like slipping through a time warp. Very odd feeling!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 11:53 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttx31 View Post
Not binge watching, but currrently really enjoying the following

Ordinary Joe (NBC)
Impeachment: American Crime (fx/hulu)
Dopesick (hulu)
You Season 3 (Netflix)

Recently watched Maid (Netflix), loved it!

Carol T
I watched the first two episodes of Ordinary Joe and stopped. I should go back to it. I have trouble sleeping, yet I can't stay awake for it when it is regularly on.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 12:05 PM  
Leonana

I finished The Good Witch. Seasons 6 and 7 weren't as good, especially 7. And that's saying something with this series, lol. I think they had new writers, and one of the main actresses left after Season 5. Also, I think the series finale didn't end well, and they sacrificed the characters for drama. So many storylines didn't make sense. Not that it was a logical show, but it was worse than usual. Instead of stories about a small town with a good heart, it was like they were copying Charmed. But it's been cancelled, so Season 7 is the last. It makes me think they didn't know it and the finale was rushed.

I started something for nostalgia on Netflix, Major Dad with Gerald McRaney. It's cute, but boy times have changed! The way he barked out orders at the girls wouldn't fly in today's shows.
Old 10-27-21, 06:48 AM  
cttx31

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I watched the first two episodes of Ordinary Joe and stopped. I should go back to it. I have trouble sleeping, yet I can't stay awake for it when it is regularly on.
It is somewhat confusing at first and I have to pay close attention. After the first three, I made myself a "cheat sheet" about the different time lines and went back and watched the first three episodes again. Then it made perfect sense and now I really love the show. This week's episode was really good!

This link has a good summary of each timeline. (also has a discussion post for each episode.) My own cheat sheet has details such as how Jenny's hair is in each timeline.

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/...joe-timelines/

Carol T
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 07:02 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
It is somewhat confusing at first and I have to pay close attention. After the first three, I made myself a "cheat sheet" about the different time lines and went back and watched the first three episodes again. Then it made perfect sense and now I really love the show. This week's episode was really good!

This link has a good summary of each timeline. (also has a discussion post for each episode.) My own cheat sheet has details such as how Jenny's hair is in each timeline.

Carol T
thank you so much! I may try and catch up, but I think I am four episodes behind now.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-21, 08:23 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
... This link has a good summary of each timeline. (also has a discussion post for each episode.) My own cheat sheet has details such as how Jenny's hair is in each timeline.

Carol T
Thank you so much for posting this! I watched the first episode and was intrigued, but didn't follow up.

As for me, I'm re-watching Elementary, and really, really like the show as a whole. On the other hand, at the end of the sixth season, the last episode was written as though it were a series finale. They got renewed, though, and the story that resulted was way too convoluted. Basically, they painted themselves into a corner and had to wiggle their way out of it. Didn't do the show any good, and I never did buy my own copy of the last season on dvd. I'm working my way through it now (library to the rescue), and like it, aside from the contortions of plot that resulted from the end of the previous season. It's been so long I don't remember how things end up.

Not sure what'll be up next. Not really intrigued by anything on Netflix now that I've seen Queen's Gambit and a few others. Most of the rest just doesn't interest me, and since I've got it only at my computer, I'm not sure how to watch without letting go of the hobbies I like to enjoy while watching. This space isn't set up for office stuff and steady craft work. Might investigate Roku.
Old 10-27-21, 12:29 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
We're about 5 episodes in to Twin Peaks: The Return. This show is not for the impatient or the faint of heart. I'm actually finding it a bit disorientating. We watched the original a few weeks ago and now we see all the cast 25 years older. Like slipping through a time warp. Very odd feeling!
I did not care for the new Twin Peaks but I was totally hooked on the original way back when. It just got too weird.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
binge watch, binge-watching, coronavirus, covid-19, favorite tv shows, kanopy, off topic