Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-21, 08:21 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Walk At Home - 1 Mile Beginner's Walk with Bands - 16 minutes; Trifecta Pilates - Reach Band Class - 20 minutes

Both of these were new to me. The Walk at Home workout was led by a new walk leader. I thought she did a pretty good job. No jogging, just some fast walking, with band work at the end. There was an older man in the back row - probably younger than me though - and at the end of the workout, the leader introduced him as her father. I thought it was cool.

Beth's band class was challenging enough for me - it was just a Level 1 class - but then, I generally find band work hard.

Donna I like Beth's use of props as well. Pilates can be boring if the instructor isn't creative. So far, I'm finding that I really like her stuff. I like Jessica's scoliosis practices as well.

Dana - Hope your knee is feeling better!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-21, 09:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Outdoor Walk
Ellen - Pilates Mix
Jessica V - PT for SI Joint

I am feeling better, so I need to be cautious not to over-do anything...easier said than done. I think doing a little 10-20 min PT session w/ Jessica V is really helping. Her membership is worth it to me - I think the price is equal to 3 PT co-pays...and it is less burdensome to stick to being able to just do it whenever it fits my schedule.

Carol - that sounds like a good combo!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-21, 06:23 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Club Pilates - Introductory Class - 30 minutes;
Walk - 20 minutes

I finally worked up the nerve to do an introductory class at the Club Pilates around the corner from my house. Oh my goodness, I think my hamstrings and calves will be sore tomorrow. I signed up for 4 classes, beginning week after next. It was hard to find anything that worked well with my schedule. They had lots of openings at 6 or 6:30 in the morning, but I'm just not up for that.

Carol
Old 10-24-21, 09:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Outdoor Walk
Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility & Hip Pain routines

Both of the hip routines were good for me today!

Carol - how exciting to try a live class!! I think we have Club Pilates here, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-24-21, 11:46 AM  
fanofladyvols

Dana I hope your knee was just reacting to the weather and it's ok.

Donna I like your plan of rehab to strengthen and increase your mobility.

Monday was a 2 mile hike with daughter and kettlebell strength workout.
Tuesday focused on full body mobility
Wednesday was Kettlebell conditioning and core work along with TGU and snatch practice.
Thursday was mobility work
Friday was a full rest day
Saturday was a 7 mile hike with friends.So fun!
Planning on some pilates and football watching.
I'm enjoying my Sunday, hope you guys are too!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-21, 11:48 AM  
donnamp

Thanks, Linda!

I am not sure if I'll jump into Jessica's Post-Partum/Prolapse plan this week or next...I may do more Ellen's this week.

But I am getting a lot of use out of Jessica's PT style routines.

Donna
Old 10-24-21, 01:06 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Late start for me today. I just finished:

GHUTV 1 Mile Power Walk + Strength For Beginners - 30min.
GHUTV Low Impact Lower Body - 24min.

Low Impact Lower Body was all floor work with focus on core, glutes etc using mini band. This one was a real burner and I really liked it because I seriously felt it! I'm trying to limit doing lunges and squats so that I don't aggravate the knee any more than I already have to in my daily activities, so this routine worked for me. I've been enjoying doing GHUTV once again and I'm working through their Fit Over 60, Menopause Muscle Builder and the new Beginner Program 2.0. I just pick and choose whatever workout suits my mood on that particular day. I'm finding that Chris' beginner workouts are more intermediate than beginners in my world, so these calendars suit me nicely.

Donna, I'm glad that JV's PT routines are helping you and you're feeling better. These aches and pains are tiresome and certainly unwelcome. They seem to come out of nowhere and linger on.

Linda, I'm so envious that you have someone to a hike with. Your hikes sound heavenly! I don't know if my knee issue was weather related but it seems to be OK today and it's raining. Maybe the anticipation of rain makes it worse? Who knows!

Carol, was your introductory class in Club Pilates a reformer or a mat class? What did you think? I'd love to hear more about it.

Hi to Pam and Brenda!
Old 10-24-21, 09:07 PM  
fanofladyvols

Dana No need to get jealous. My friends live all over so it took over two months to nail this hike down, lol! I'm glad you're finding great workouts to challenge yourself but not injure.

Carol I agree with Donna about Beth's use of props. She doesn't just add them once in the practice. They are used intelligently. I'll check that chair workout.

Donna I tend to forget my pelvic floor exercises. Thanks for the reminder!

Did kettlebell strength because football wasn't as interesting as I had hoped. I will follow up with a pilates workout later.

Hi to Pam and Brenda!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 05:55 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Trifecta Pilates - Level 1 Short Chair Workout - 15 minutes

I've worked my way up to Beth's Level 1 calendar and this was supposed to be today's workout, but I flipped a couple of days around. Another good workout and as someone up thread said, an intelligent use of the chair.

More on the Club Pilates intro class - it was a reformer class. I enjoyed it and found that a lot of my pilates knowledge from years of DVDs and streaming classes came in helpful. There were only 3 of us in the class, and one of those got there about 10 minutes late so the instructor had to spend time to go back and get her caught up. The class was challenging though - my springs were probably too heavy. I can see if you used a reformer once or twice a week you would not need to worry at all about lifting heavier weights. They also have springboards by all the workout stations and incorporate springboard use in the classes, which I will love. And pilates chairs, which I have never used. It is pricey, but probably cheaper than going to a regular studio. I think the classes I have scheduled in November are taught by 2 or 3 different instructors so that will be good. I don't think this studio offers barre classes although they are listed on their flyer - they call them "Control" classes.

Linda - I am also envious of your hikes, although my ankle would not be a happy camper.

Carol
Old 10-25-21, 08:15 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on another dog walk and Ellen's Serene Strength - which is a nice one - not too hard.

Today I tried out Ellen's new 4 Elements Flow - I enjoyed it - was a fusion of some light cardio, yoga, standing Pilates type exercises. Hope to get out to walk today and do whatever else I can fit in.

Carol - glad you made it to Level 1 - the Club Pilates does sound interesting. Maybe I should get rid of my unused cardio equipment and look into a reformer.
I'm going to see what the class schedule for Club Pilates looks like around here, maybe I need to treat myself.

Dana - the beginner 2.0 calendar does look good. Maybe in the new year I'll subscribe.....

Waves, everyone.....

Donna