Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-22-21, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Happy Friday!

Yesterday I did get my dog walk in.

Today, so far has been:

Ellen - Super Fast Body Blast
Jessica Valent - Hip Pain Routine

Summer Breeze - I'm glad that you are at least starting to feel better - that is a good sign! Which one of Sarah Beth's worked? I'm still playing around to find the magic potion. It seems the hip pain, hip mobility and scoliosis practices seem to work pretty well.

Wow, Diane - on the tree! I hardly ever do a seated forward bend - and for standing, I'm super careful.

Waves, Pat!

Happy Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 08:51 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! TGIF!!! Here's my yesterday:

~ YWK 20 Minute Yin Yoga Full Body Stretch plus affirmations
~ YogiBethC Today's Special Lunchtime Yoga #2
~ LWR 10 Minute Standing Abs Workout
~ 25 butt bridges plus 25 plies
~ Unplugged 1902
~ 5,548 steps

Yay, I did some Margaret Richard! The LWR was back-tweaky, I don't recommend it. That was a first.

I decided to revisit Kassandra's Morning Yoga Movement Challenge, but teach myself to sub standing or chair poses for things I can't do. I watched day 1 through and wrote out an alternative plan, and this morning it went great! Example: I did bird dogs and bird dog crunches standing on one leg with my fingertips on a chair for balance, and substituted triangle for side plank.

Summer Breeze, I'm so happy the Sarah Beth practice seems to have helped. She has such a calming demeanor. Definitely keep taking those baby steps.

Well I am impressed Diane! Wow! Hmm, I think I will put TENS unit on my Christmas wish list.

Good workout for you, Donna.

Have a wonderful day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-21, 09:01 AM  
donnamp

Pat - that is a GREAT idea about Kassandra's Morning Movement challenge - I started and stopped that one several times maybe b/c there were things that were not comfortable for me to do - that is a great idea to substitute. I'm doing that more and more these days - it just isn't worth the pain to do otherwise. In today's workout w/ Ellen I kept the range of motion smaller on some things - not worth over-doing it. And yes, I think a TENS unit is on my list as well.
Old 10-22-21, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

19 minute outdoor walk

That was all I could handle. I figured there's no sense in walking through the pain even though it was feeling slightly better.

DIANE, good job on the tree! This summer when half our tree fell down my DS chopped it up and we carted the branches into the woods behind our house. He did most of the chopping, I did the hauling. lol. Nice workouts.

DONNA, I did the 5 minute sciatic stretches video. She was demonstrating different stretches/poses. I will look into the hip and scoliosis practices next.

PAT, yay on MR. Too bad the LWR tweaked your back.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-21, 09:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Outdoor Walk
Ellen - Pilates Mix
Jessica V - PT for SI Joint

I am feeling better, so I need to be cautious not to over-do anything...easier said than done. I think doing a little 10-20 min PT session w/ Jessica V is really helping. Her membership is worth it to me - I think the price is equal to 3 PT co-pays...and it is less burdensome to stick to being able to just do it whenever it fits my schedule.

Summer Breeze - that sounds smart, when you start to feel better is the most dangerous time b/c you want to go-go-go! I'm glad you are feeling better though just take it slow. I'm trying to do the same.

Waves Pat and Diane!

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday!

Donna
Old 10-23-21, 11:21 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I hope your weekend is off to a good start. Here's my low key Friday:

~ YWK Morning Yoga Movement #1 - 10 Minute Morning Stretch for Beginners plus MYM affirmations
~ Yoga With Bird Evening Yoga in Bed
~ 4,753 steps

I contemplated taking a mini lunch walk but figured it might not be wise to push things too fast.

I have so much to do! Everyone be well and have a good day!
Old 10-24-21, 09:07 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Yesterday featured:

~ YWK Heart Chakra Yin Yoga for Love and Compassion plus Guided Chakra Affirmation Meditation
~ Raked the yard
~ GYM for 10 minutes recumbent and 40 minutes light weights, full body
~ 6,325 steps

My gym workout wasn't very inspired, but at least I went through the moves. I'm seeing an acupuncturist/Chinese medicine doc tomorrow with the hope she can calm some of this stuff down.

I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful October days this weekend.
Old 10-24-21, 09:21 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Outdoor Walk
Jessica Valent - Hip Mobility & Hip Pain routines

Both of the hip routines were good for me today!

Pat - good luck w/ the Dr - hopefully she can help.

I hope you are feeling better Summer Breeze!

Waves, Diane.

Donna
Old 10-24-21, 11:01 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

We have been doing a lot more things around the house so yesterday and today are both non-workout days. Yesterday was a full house cleaning and today more gardening - trimming back bushes and shrubs, getting ready for the winter.

Friday I did a Bad Yogi practice followed by 11 mile bike ride. Judging by today's weather, our bike riding may be coming to an end and that makes me sad. I've really enjoyed the spring/summer/early fall biking.

Donna - Friday's workout was Week 1 Day 1 Bad Yogi Perfect Body Yoga Practice and this one is NOT recommended for sciatica or low back pain. This one was geared toward core strength, twists, planks and side planks with knee dips. I'm going through each one to see what works really well for back issues.

Pat - I have more uninspired than inspired days but the whole key is for us to just do something. Good on ya for getting into the gym!

Summer Breeze - I do hope you're feeling better. Injuries can really be depressing. I was in a constant bad mood for most of 2020 - and that had nothing to do with Covid! Working out keeps us all sane and balanced.

In 2018 we put down wood floors throughout the main part of the house. Now we're having our 3 bedrooms done and finished. When we built this house, we decided to do everything as close to standard as possible. I knew as time went on we would want to make changes and the wood floors are definitely part of the changes. It turned out to be more economical although it is an inconvenience with the animals. The cats have all but destroyed the bedroom carpeting - between vomiting, scratching, etc. No more cleaning carpets! Well worth the price of admission. We have a king-sized platform bed so I ordered a rug to go under the bed - big enough to cover the platform, small enough that it doesn't stick out and I won't have to vacuum it. After that, I'm calling California Closets to come in for an estimate. Probably going to use another company as they're uber-pricey but we'll see what happens!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-21, 08:18 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on another dog walk and Ellen's Serene Strength - which is a nice one - not too hard.

Today I tried out Ellen's new 4 Elements Flow - I enjoyed it - was a fusion of some light cardio, yoga, standing Pilates type exercises. Hope to get out to walk today and do whatever else I can fit in.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna

Tags
jim fixx