Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-21, 08:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I just rested yesterday. It was a crappy day and I just wasn't up for anything exercise-wise. Not sure if I'll be walking today. It's my sister's birthday and we're going out to lunch. I'll see how the back feels after that.

DONNA, the SI belt sounds interesting though very annoying. I keep forgetting about the pillow when I go to bed. I'm not exactly sure how I caused this flare-up this time. I do remember noticing the pain after walking in an older pair of sneakers one day that probably weren't that supportive. It didn't seem so bad at first so I just continued my regular activities. But I think doing some weight work one day or kettlebell swings really turned up the soreness and it's been pretty painful every since. When it was this bad a few years ago it took about a year for it to finally go away so I'm not expecting any relief any time soon unfortunately. But there's always hope. I hope you continue to feel improvement.

DIANE, nice workout days for you. Glad DH thoroughly enjoyed his birthday festivities.
What brand of recumbent bike do you have? I'm very intrigued by all these positive comments about it from you all.

PAT, nice restorative weekend for you. Sorry to hear about the RA flare-up. Agh!
Yes somehow the back does seem worse.
I really hate to completely rest so I need to find some stretchy things that are helpful I think. I join you in hoping we all feel better soon!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 08:19 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I did more of my rehab type stuff:

Classical Stretch - Aging Backwards - Posture

Margaret Richard - My Body of Work - Vol 1 - Program B - chest, triceps, abs, glutes and quads. I didn't follow along her ab work but did my own - not a fan of crunches!

Yesterday, I got a walk in w/ my DD.

I took today off from work as well, but I may pop in later b/c I'm so behind - but I think I'm going to chill out this morning and maybe go for another walk.

DD went into D.C. w/ her BF - at least I assume he is her BF - they spend a lot of time together - she is on fall break and he doesn't have class on Tuesday.

Summer Breeze - I hope you find some relief. Mine is better, but still not quite 100%....

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 08:27 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Here's what I accomplished yesterday:

~ YWK 10 Minute Morning Yoga for Hips & Lower Back plus affirmations
~ 25 minute lunch walk
~ 20 minute walk after work
~ 6,210 steps

I'm feeling a little better. I made sure to get the outdoor walks in and soak up some nature, treated myself to a home foot bath and foot massage, then rested with tea and a book.

Donna, what is the SI belt? Is that a resistance circle?

Good morning to Summer Breeze and Diane - I hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-21, 08:47 AM  
donnamp

Pat - that sounds like a lovely day!

Here's a picture of the SI belt,

https://www.sourceortho.net/serola-s...EaAqvLEALw_wcB

Donna
Old 10-12-21, 09:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I just did some push-ups and planks. My back is really irritated and sore.
I guess I keep forgetting that I can work upper body at least. Not sure what's on tap for today.

DONNA, so glad you're seeing some improvement. Hope it continues.

Hi PAT & DIANE!!

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-21, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still sticking with CS -

Today was:

CS - Aging Backwards for Beginners - Mobility

Then, I did a Jessica Valent Miix

Seated Arm workout w/ Weights
5 Min Shoulders
Booty Burner Workout

Yesterday I got a walk in w/ my Golden.

Summer Breeze - I'm sorry about your back. Mine is making small improvements. We shall see how I do today when I'm forced to sit all day for work.

I actually stopped using the SI belt, I felt it was irritating the nerves or something. I may try it while sitting - but I think it was irritating something when I had it on for daily activities -

Waves, Pat and Diane!

Donna
Old 10-13-21, 08:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday I managed:

~ 20 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch
~ Breethe 5 Minute Kindness Meditation (WW app)
~ Beach walk
~ 6,514 steps

It was a super nice beach walk. I changed routes and walked by the college campus, where there is a pond. I saw about 20 egrets roosting up in the trees for the night, and bats as a nice October bonus.

Donna, thanks for the explanation about the SI belt. It almost looks like a chastity belt!

Summer Breeze, good for you on getting some upper body strength work in.

Good morning to Diane, and keep healing up ladies! Sending hugs all around.
Old 10-14-21, 05:31 AM  
amoodygirl

Good morning!

We've been busy enjoying the great weather lately. Hoping to be able to extend our biking into November (wishful thinking).

Workouts:
Tues:
Pushups
MR's All My Best Vol 4 Pgm B
Yoga Quickie - Lesley
Bike Ride 10 1/2 miles - extremely hilly! This was a bike ride that I last tried 2 years ago and couldn't do it. I managed most of it this time BUT - and I wish I took a picture - there is a warning sign on this massive hill about slowing down and watching for dangerous curves - on a paved bike path no less! I confess I had to walk my bike up most of that hill - it is killer. Even walking was tough! Going to revisit before the winter

Wed:
CDorner Fitness Step Workout
Lesley 20 min. grounding practice
Cathe Ab Circuits - No equipment (my fave)

Donna Glad you're feeling a bit better. People rave about CS and I haven't given it a try yet. Do you have a favorite to recommend for an absolute newbie?

Pat Yes, that pandemic injury was awful and I still have to be very mindful of everything I do. Gerry and I used to run half-marathons but those days are over. My body just cannot train for another. I always wanted to do the NYC Marathon and run for an animal cause but it's not going to happen. Gerry loves those Blue Hawaii cocktails - they serve them in a huge cup that reads, "I got nailed at the Rusty Nail!" We now have 6 of those cups in the house, which I use for my smoothies.

Summer Breeze We bought our recumbent bike back in the mid 2000s from a PT company. It's no longer made but I found it on Amazon (not available). It's called Cateye and it's such a great bike. We have it serviced every 2 years to keep it going strong. Here's the link:

https://www.amazon.com/cateye-ec-c40...eshbuildnet-20

Anyway, everyone have a great day! Sending positive vibes to all so that our bodies heal.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-21, 07:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi everyone,

Today was:

Classical Stretch - Aging Backwards - Bone Strengthening

Trifecta Pilates - Morning Pilates (You Tube) - I did modify some of this -my back does not want to do cat/cow or other articulation exercises right now - so I just focused more on stability when she did those exercises.

My SI joint is calming down, fortunately!

I may do a run through of the CS Aging Backwards again before moving on.

I was also thinking of going back and doing Jessica Valent's Pilates Jumpstart, I looked at it and it looks like she updated it.

I'll play it by ear!

Hope everyone has a good day - hope to get out for a walk today!

Diane - that bike ride sounds very challenging! Does your PBS station carry any Classical Stretch? If so, I'd say just pick one and try it - it may be something that you have to get used to - it is different and for some it is not love at first sight. Also, to get a taste of it, you could check out the Essentrics You Tube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/c/ClassicalS...entrics/videos

Pat lol, yes, about the SI Belt!!

Summer Breeze - how are you feeling?

Donna
Old 10-14-21, 08:55 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone!

~ 30 minute lunch walk
~ My own yoga in bed from memory of Kassandra's practices
~ 6,953 steps

I still can't lift a weight or do anything vigorous. I booked an appointment with my chiro to see if some dry needling in my arm might help.

Have a good day! I'll catch up tomorrow! Sending hugs and healing thoughts where needed.

Tags
jim fixx