Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-09-21, 07:48 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Cambet, wow! That is a long post, I can’t believe it let you post it without giving you an error message :-). Although I’ve never seen it :-) I like the mile of motivation! Great title :-). I tend to be pretty sore after I work out regardless of if I crawl down or stretch, which is very frustrating. Since I usually do about 15 minutes of lower body and this was 30 minutes I shouldn’t have been surprised at all. It does make having fun on the weekend a little harder however, when I’m moaning and groaning just stepping up on the curb. Thanks for the tip on country head.

Not a fun workout today, even though I did mostly people I usually do I just didn’t enjoy the workouts or the music. I started with Nourish Move Loves 10 minute arms, This was one set of five exercises repeated 5 times. The first repeat was 12 reps, the second 10, eight, six, four. The four rep was kind of silly, it was going by so fast because by the time we got in position and did our entire four reps it was time to move to the next one. Seemed like a waste of time.

After this I tried new to me Salt and Roses 2000 step walking workout I wasn’t a big fan of the music or the moves in this one I thought it was kind of boring. Next I moved on to Sharona Hills Summer fFun work out and Indoor Walking with Weights. . I didn’t particularly like Summer Fun or it’s music, and while I liked the walking work out better, but I was watching the clock the whole time. Summer Fun included the Macarena, every time I hear that song I think of a video clip of Colin Powell in full dress uniform at a baseball game trying to do the Macarena! Hysterical. He had the most puzzled look on his face :-)

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 07:18 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Jessica's 3-Mile Flat Abs Power Walk. I hadn't done that one in a while. I enjoyed it, but it had more repetition than I remembered, and I also remembered it being more fun. It could just be that I was distracted while I was doing it because I got 2 short phone calls that I had to take, so there was some stop & go. One thing I am doing to make Jessica's walks more enjoyable is muting the DVDs and using my Walking Music play list. I like Jessica, but she sometimes over-annunciates and she tends to repeat the same expressions over and over (nice, beautiful, right?, uh-hh?, nice, gorgeous, right?) and sometimes I wish she would just shut up. I also did most of CH Elite: Wild Horse & parts of Rope & Ride throughout the day to make my 250 steps/hour. Made it to over 13,500 steps for the day.

Penguin - Great job with your workouts, though you ended up not finding them to be very fun. I was surprised that I was able to post that long-ish post and was expecting an error message. I hope your DOMS don't last too long. Off to go look for the Colin Powell clip of him doing the Macarena.

SB - Hope you're good!
Old 10-10-21, 09:01 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

32 minute outdoor walk

We have a showery day here today so instead of a walk maybe I should do Winsor Buns & Thighs or the AM Callanetics routine with the pretzel. Either one should help my painful sciatica I'm thinking. I had to resort back to the heating pad the past couple of days, I needed the relief, but I'm still avoiding the icy hot.

CAMBET, great job with the Jessica walks and your step totals!! I want to love Jessica's workouts so much but I just can't seem to click with her. The red blotches are still there but since they don't hurt or itch I'm just ignoring them. Oh I didn't realize you had a Supreme Pilates machine!
Nice! Yes I agree to go in steps and see how you make out with Winsor and the SP machine before getting a chair.

PENGUIN, glute DOMS is always a good thing in my book but maybe not right now with my back pain. Sorry for the clunkers in your workout the other day but kudos for continuing on.

The brake repair was fortunately relatively painless or as painless as any car repair can be. lol

Have a wonderful day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 10:18 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, i’m glad to hear the brake job went OK. Our vacation starts tomorrow and of course that is the hey it’s going to rain while we try to load up and travel, but by the time we get to our destination the rain will have stopped.

Cambet, I hope you find the clip :-) it was about the time that he was considering running for president. I would’ve voted for him!

I started out today’s work out with MADFits 15 minute leg butt and thigh workout, you notice I kept it short! This was a mix of floor work and squats and lunges, pretty good.

Next I did three workouts by Reps to the Rhythm. 2500s hiit walk #52, 1100s easy walk #55 (this was the fun one) and 10m cool down/stretch.

I had picked out another 20 minute cardio to do, but I’ve been running around and out to the camper, packing for our trip that starts tomorrow so I’m not surprised I didn’t do it :-).

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 07:10 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I took a 42 min walk (2.19 miles) to the service station up the road to buy the Sunday paper (and stopped into Dollar General to buy some candy , which helps with the stress of grading). I also did parts of CH Elite during the day to make it to 250 steps/hour and to over 10,000 steps for the day.

SB - Glad you were able to fit in a brief walk. If you did the other workouts, hope they didn't bother your back. I know what you mean about ignoring the red blotches since they don't hurt or itch. I brought a Supreme Pilates machine ages ago but didn't use it much because at the time, I felt like I didn't have good form, so I was just kind of flailing about with the springs (especially with my legs). Hopefully I'll get in some good pilates practice with Mari and then be able to give it a try again.

Penguin - Nice variety of workouts, as always. I did find the clip and got a good chuckle out of it. I hope you have a great vacation!

Waves to All!
Old 10-12-21, 07:40 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I didn't actually get in a workout yesterday, but I did make it to over 10,500 steps for the day. It was an active day at work of going to different buildings on campus and then I had a co-worker over for dinner last night, so I spent an hour before I started cooking running around trying to tidy up the house. I had about 6,600 steps when I arrived home, so I was surprised when my Fitbit indicated that I had hit 10,000 steps shortly after he arrived.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Waves to All!
Old 10-12-21, 09:34 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday I just did some push-ups and planks. My back is still pretty irritated and sore. I keep forgetting I can just do upper body for now at least. Not sure what, if anything, I'll be doing today.

CAMBET, always good to see you hitting your step goals. My friend from out of state is visiting this week end so I have some cleaning and straightening up to do this week too.

PENGUIN, hope you're enjoying your trip and the rain stays away.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-13-21, 05:33 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did Jessica's 30 Minute Fat Blaster from 3 Weight Loss Walks (to my own music and with her muted). I really enjoyed it. I fell asleep after I got home from work but woke up before midnight and found that I had 8500 steps. So I did 15 minutes of CH Elite: Wild Horse to make it to over 10,000 steps for the day.

SB - Good job with the push up and planks, It hadn't occurred to me that those kinds of exercises could work for you and not further bother your back. Will be interesting to see what else you might come up with that works. Still sending healing vibes.

Penguin - I hope you are enjoying your vacation!

Waves to All!
Old 10-13-21, 09:11 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning.

I guess I spoke too soon. lol. I tried the push-ups and plank again yesterday but couldn't hold the plank too long because my back was just too painful. So I'm back to doing nothing for now it seems. I did try a few sciatica stretches at least.

CAMBET, glad you got in a workout and hit your step goal. Thanks for the healing vibes but it seems you were correct in thinking those exercises wouldn't work.
It seems rest may be the only true course right now and maybe a few stretches.
Frustrating but what can you do.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 10-14-21, 06:49 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday was a pretty active day at work; I already had 7,500 steps by the time I got home. I did CH Elite: Rope & Ride (just for movement) last night to make it to over 10,000 steps before midnight.

SB - I'm sorry to hear that the pushups and planks aren't going to work after all. How frustrating! I think you previously said that you didn't want to go to the doctor because it's just one of those things that has to run its course. Is that what you're still thinking? I hope you can find some relief soon.

Waves to All!

Tags
vera laro