Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-21, 09:34 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Cardio Sculpt... done
Angles lines and curves just stretch... DONE!

So I had written on this that it was 30 minutes (true), that the first time you put on ankle weights, don't bother, but second time put on heavy (what?). Also use 12's becuase 15's are too hard (again... what??) and the abs are bad (probably becuase there were NO abs!! HA!). So I think I had the wrong workout review written on this one!

I started, and it was cardio and 4 limb aerobics. She kept doing step, cardio and 4 limb aerobics. I waited. And waited. She never told me to grab a heavier weight, never told me to get leg weights on, never stepped up on the box... it was just cardio and 4 limb. So funny! Luckily today wasn't a day I was real up to working out, my shoulder is kinda achey and I just feel kinda achey still. It was a good, short cardio workout! Not at all what I expected though! HA!

So I added on AL&C just stretch. I am loving this workout. It's becoming my favorite stretchy/yoga/pilates workout. My sides are so stretched, and I really feel like that and my chest are so bunchy! I still can barely clasp my hands behind my back, and there no way in heck that I can lift them away from my buns, but she is having me work on that. She also has us sitting and leaning back on your arms, then taking one arm and reaching. for the elbow on the other arm, then look away. Such a great neck stretch! If I can do this workout without grunting, groaning, throwing my arm, walking my barely reaching fingers back, and looking "graceful", I will consider that a win!

So my workout wasn't what I expected it to be, but it was what I needed today. I need to figure out what workout I was reviewing though... I remember doing a workout where she has you put on ankle weights, does a worthless exercise like standing side leg raises, then has you take them off only to put them on later and mean it... maybe it was Firm cardio? Seems like I did the workout recently. Although I don't think Firm Cardio has bad abs!!! I will figure it out. Now I have a quest.

LB had swim yesterday, and we got a bunch of school done again. It was a bit of a low key day, and today is too. This weekend we have a festival again and Great Wolf, so we can use a good, slow week beforehand!

Eventmom: Did someone update chicometrics???? I love that workout!!! I want to go workout in an old YMCA with them. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I doubt I would get an updated version though, I love the old chicometrics too much. I need to do that one again!! Maybe I'll take that one to GWL with us. I was planning on taking AL&C, but maybe I will grab both

I don't know if she will do them, she wants to start working out with me and I told her when the garage is done she can. We will have more room to workout together. She may love to workout to videos, she may not. I am so afraid that she will want to and no videos will be available! I will start her on vol 1 like I did, so she will keep that one. She will love that I have it memorized, so she will too. So at least I know she will do that. Otherwise, as she gets older if she won't do videos, I will sell them. I feel like I should be prepared just in case though!

I'm glad your DD likes to stay active though... that's half the battle for sure!

I slept in today, and just woke up Lb. I gotta get her ready for swimming. I slept until 6am when the doggies woke me up! they also woke me up sometime during the night, and I let them out on the deck. Apparently DH let them in when he woke up, then went out to his office. So they came to tell me all about it. goofy doggies!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-21, 12:18 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

MR my body of work vol1 part 1 - didn't love this one, single exercise per body part but she does work back. then 20 min reps to the rhythm.

buzzer - he did a second dvd with his main crew but in a hotel ballroom in florida - looks like he wanted to take his family and instructors on a vacation and write it off LOL. It's okay I sort of like the original better. But I won't part with either of them for a long time, the no equipment, is a big plus for travel.

hi ebianco!
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-21, 09:04 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Basics sculpting with weights... almost done!

When they got to pushups, I was done. I used 15's whenever she said to get a weight. I am just wiped though!

I don't know if I am coming down with a cold, or just exhausted. We have been running for days now, and I am worn down. We have 3 more days of swim lessons left, and it seems like an eternity. It takes up our whole morning! we drive down (20 minutes), go in and get ready (another 5-10 minutes), do swim lessons (10 minutes), then LB swims and helps afterwards (about 45 minutes), then she showers (15-20 minutes), then we walk out and drive home (25-30 minutes). Overall, for a 10 minute lesson, it takes about 2 - 2 1/2 hours. It's tedious! So we get home, she's hungry, I'M hungry, so we make lunch. There went our morning. For a 10 minute lesson. Just 3 more days though.

Yesterday we went to Walmart after the lesson, so by the time we got home and ate, I looked around and the house was a mess, the day was warm, so we went to homeschool gym. Karate was right after that, and we got home after all that completely exhausted. I made LB go to bed at 9, I was ready at 7! But I pushed through and stayed up until 9.

LB had two bloody noses yesterday (dry air? I don't know) and woke up with a sore throat. She ate and drank and felt better. So we went about our day. Then in karate, she had a sore throat again and a bloody nose. She said she felt fine otherwise. I gave her herbs, and all evening she had a little bit of a stuffy nose.

This morning I woke up feeling kinda achy and blah. I don't know if we are both just over-done, or if we have caught a cold. There's a cold going around, and after being at the festival all weekend, I would NOT be surprised if we were exposed!
I do feel fine other than being a bit achy and blah, but not so much that I feel sick or couldn't workout. So I am leaning towards dehydrated and have done too much. I will see how LB feels when she wakes up.

We just have swim today, so I plan on making it otherwise a school and quiet day!

Eventmom: I had no idea Chico did another workout! That's awesome! I love that it's like he wanted to write off a trip. I hope he did! He seems like such a nice man. Of course, that's just me saying it from one hour of a workout from 30-40 years ago!

I was thinking of bringing Angles lines and curves 2 to GWL next week (for my one morning there), but maybe I will bring chicometrics. I haven't done that in a long time! I remember I loved it! I think I even had some sore muscles afterwards too if I remember right?

Hi Ebianco!
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-06-21, 12:20 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

MR my body of work volume one part B + 25 min up to the beat latin dance.

so I was sore from yesterday's workout, actually I was sore from essentrics flexibility for athletes. hmmm. So trying to decide workouts for the rest of the week.

buzzer - yeah, I sort of loved that it looked like he took his crew on a trip to shoot the updated vid! They have opening/get to the know everyone shots taken on the grounds of a nice hotel complex and they use a hotel ballroom to film. But it's hilarious because it sounds like a wedding is going on in the next room and music bleeds over. I haven't done either in several years but he does SO. MANY. REPS. which is great. I think some VFer found him creepy but I like his personality.

Here's a chico workout on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoDXTUCFRlY&t=1111s

hi ebianco!
Old 10-06-21, 02:13 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all! I didn't realize how behind I got. It has been extremely stressful at work UGH.

At least I've been keeping up with my workouts.

Friday: I was so extremely stressed and frazzled I barely felt like I could put one foot in front of the other. But I had anxious energy to burn and definitely didn't want to miss a workout day. I decided it would be better to go for a long walk than try to do a video. So I did a long walk, maybe 45 minutes, and then a cursory little stretch at the end. I've been doing okay on my 5000 steps a day. What I've really been doing is to do 5000+ steps a day at least 3 days a week Usually on Sat, Sun, and Mon, and sometimes Friday. I'm still logging a lot more steps than I was before I started really trying, so progress.

Saturday: Cathe Maximum Intensity Strength. My notes on this one from last time was that it was more easy going and I guess that's true (she incorporates a good stretch between each body part) but it was super tough. This one is especially intense for the upper body. The workout is really old so the abs is just all crunches, but that was fine I was exhausted by the end!

Sunday: Walk/run outside then Pure Barre Focus Seat. This is the easiest focus workout (that's why I chose it haha) and I like it the least of the set. This is the only one that doesn't have bonus sets for the "focus" area, like Arms, Abs, and Legs does. I would have enjoyed a bonus set for the seat. With that said, I could kind of zen out on this one which I liked.

Mon-Tues: Planned rest days

Today: Cathe LITE Metabolic Blast. This one uses lighter weights (5-8#) and the intensity kind of sneaks up on you but I was sweating a lot by the time the mat work came. I love how Cathe really works the core throughout on this one. What I don't like is that she does shoulders, shoulders, shoulders (I have heard people complain about this on GD in Cathe's workouts in general, and I really get it now, she is ALL about shoulders) so I subbed some of the shoulder work for back and triceps which she barely hits at all.

This week I'm going a little lighter intensity on my workouts because I have a LOT going on. Besides work being really tough (and will be through this month it's my toughest time of year), we have flooring being installed starting tomorrow in two rooms in the house and it's a week long project at least, and we had to move around a lot of furniture. Also the dogs getting groomed Friday so I'll have to make the trip on that (I recently purchased doggie car carrier things so hopefully they work out well). And I have a party on Saturday (someone else offered to host and glad I said yes this time!), and on Sunday-Monday overnight I'll be babysitting my niece and nephew!! Which I'm excited about but it's a lot going on LOL. I don't know yet how I will work out Sunday since I won't be at home, or I may end up having to just skip that day.

Eventmom I haven't done MR or TA in so long, but they are great workouts!! I remember Chicometrics being popular on VF at one point.

Buzzer Ha Firm Cardio is definitely not an easy workout!! I think this workout can really only be appropriate as a "cross trainer" for Firm Strength if you go really light on all the weights, like cardio weigh weights. But Heidi appears to go heavy on weights, so it seems just as strength-y as Strength to me?! You were right about the leg press, the first set she does 15 and then the second set she does 16, on each side. I don't really know why not just 16 and 16 on each side? LOL.

I hope you're not coming down with a cold and that you feel better!!
Old 10-07-21, 02:53 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

kundalini yoga for adernals picked out an essentrics and just wasn't up for it,
MR left me sore in my triceps so I guess I need this work.

ebianco - wow! that sound crazy. We had some flooring installed and we loved it - hope you love yours too!

buzzer - I just realized, firm cardio is the one with Heidi - yeah, cardio ha ha I have idea how they thought that rotated with Pam's.
Old 10-07-21, 05:33 PM  
Buzzer

rest day... done.

So yesterday I had body aches really bad. Like, I felt like my whole body was on fire. No matter what I did, it hurt. I was tired, fuzzy headed, and had a headache. LB was too, plus she had a sore throat. I figured we picked up a cold or sickness at the festival. Or we both just had overdone it and were exhausted and dehydrated.

Fast forward to today... a friend of mine that was at the get together on Saturday said she wasn't feeling well. I told her we weren't either. We swapped symptoms, I told her we are feeling better today, but yesterday was hard for both of us. Today, after lots of oil of oregano, olive leaf extract and ibuprofen, we are both almost 100%. I still have some body aches, however when I take the ibuprofen, they go away.

About 1/2 hour ago, she texted and said one of the husbands at the party tested positive today for covid. HA! So we were not only exposed, but we may actually have it too. I do have a rash in my armpits, which I started feeling yesterday in my workout, and just wrote it off to friction in my workout. Now I am wondering if it's related.

So DH is getting us some take home tests and we will see if that's what it is. We are totally fine... just body aches for me if I go too long without Advil. So we will see if I workout again this week!! We aren't too panicked... DH had it already last October, and he is more high risk than we are. Plus we are getting on top of it pretty quick and already feel better. I have been cleaning the house and getting some school stuff together, which is more than I could do yesterday.

Ebianco: what the heck! you guys are busy! Lots going on! Enjoy this weekend with your family and niece and nephew!

Ebianco and Eventmom: I agree on Heidi in Firm Cardio. She goes way heavy on weights! I wonder though, becuase I remember Anna being all cranky about cardio isn't really cardio like running, but cardio means switching up from upper body to lower body to get your heart pumping. So I wonder if this was the workout she was talking about? I guess she had taken out an ad in a magazine for the cardio workout, and people were upset that it wasn't CARDIO. Still don't know why it's supposed to be alternated with Firm Strength though!!!

Eventmom: with your tricep comment about needing work there... I felt the same thing on my last workout, where she did the tricep dips with arms on a wood piece and feet on the step!! It was tough and I had to focus not to push through my legs to help. I thought... I really need to work on my tricep strength. it's tough to work those muscles!!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-08-21, 11:19 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

action Jacquelyn sandy pilates balance

so I meant to get back to Margaret and woke up feeling crappy. so switched to this

buzzer - so I woke up with body aches and bad (even for me) headache. I'm getting a covid test at 2:30 just in case. It's laughable if I have it, I basically go to work, wear a mask and come home!

hi ebianco !
Old 10-10-21, 06:12 AM  
Buzzer

still nothing.

I tested positive, so I am just hanging out for a while! I do feel crappy, but not any crappier than I do with a head cold plus a mild flu. If it weren't for the positive test, I would just think I was regular sick. So, DH took LB to Westernaires yesterday and he is getting us set up for me not making food for a bit... although I feel OK to do it, I won't if I don't have to! HA!

So no workouts, which is sad for me. I still left my weights out after my basics workout I did last, so when I get back to workouts they are waiting for me!

We rescheduled our Great Wolf trip for two weeks from Monday. They were able to honor our rate too, which is awesome since I got such a good one!

Anyhow, hope you guys are having a good weekend. I am just extendo sick here, not dead yet!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-10-21, 04:00 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yesterday - barre strong at home (jacquelyn umoff) + the arms and back sections from Karen voights sleek something or another and the cardio from that.
today - yoga basics (caribbean aerobics) jumped my horse, ttapp basic plus

buzzer -so my test was negative... but check in synchronicity strikes again I guess. I'm so sorry you have it (again??) I'm glad your symptoms are mild but it makes sense to let dh handle the food for a bit. glad you could reschedule your family get away.

hi ebianco!