Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-28-21, 05:19 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

today - action jacquelyn pilates sculpt, a short arm workout and 20 min up to the beat walk

ebianco - I was bloated today, but I took so many meds yesterday after being out in the allergens/ borderline asthma act crap stuff on sunday. hopefully some of it will be gone tomorrow.

buzzer - I would be so annoyed! So what if you homeschool, some sort of heads up or clearer communication would be professional. 93 degrees today! 80's tomorrow.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 07:32 AM  
Buzzer

Angles Lines and Curves 2... DONE!

So I needed a stretch, but didn't want a full stretch. I remembered one of these ALC's I loved, and since I did ALC 1 and didn't like it so much, I did 2 and I think this was the one I loved!! It was fun! It was pilates, stretch, yoga, and barre all in one workout. She moved rather quickly at times, but I was able to follow and got a GREAT stretch and workout. I made noises during parts of it, which surprised me. I am not as barre ready as I used to be!! I haven't done some of that in a long time! (not an intro to "my new barre rotation!" I love my Firms too much right now!)

I will rotate this one in more though. It realllllly stretched the sides of my body, where I feel like I need it the most. I loved it! I think in the midst of my barre heavy rotation I would not have liked it, it would have been too easy. But during a bunchy heavy weight rotation with aerobics, I think it's a good workout. Kari is really pretty too. I like her.

So we made it out to paddle boarding, and paid the $10 to get into the park. My weather app said 0% chance of rain there. We had to park kinda far away, so we were walking to meet the friends. I was looking behind us, and there was a black cloud forming. Halfway there, LB asked a lady if she could pet her dog and the lady said yes. She asked LB if she had a dog, and LB said yes, two. Then told her we have long coat akitas. The lady looked at me and asked me "Is your last name *****?" I said "yes" all surprised. Apparently DH knows her!! HA! So we ended up talking for a while, and she let LB out on her paddle board for a bit.

She said that she had some nephews that were trouble, so she was debating having kids. Then she met LB, and LB was so sweet, so she told her DH that yes, she wanted kids. So now she has a son! I almost cried. LB helped her decide to have kids, so a kid is here today because of her. I loved that story so much!

We talked to her for a while, then met our friends. As SOON as we sat down, the wind kicked up, thunder in the distance. We sat there with them for about 30 minutes total before we had to leave because of rain.

We went over to their house for a while and played, then headed home. It was a busy day! I told LB we could go see the horse this morning, however when I was going to bed, I looked at our schedule. We are totally over scheduled this morning. We start with violin at 8:45am! Then swim, then CC, then if she can karate since we haven't gone this week, then she is going to awanas with a friend. Loooooong day.

I am tired thinking about it, and for most of it I am an observer!

I didn't sleep well last night, so whenever I woke up I took a melatonin. I tossed and turned a lot. I would start to stress about not sleeping enough and the schedule today, and that didn't help me sleep at all. So I took a melatonin. I ended up sleeping 8 hours, which is amazing for me! However, I wouldn't have done that without that melatonin. Hopefully I make it through the day OK!
Oh, and no workout today since we start so early. I have to get LB up and moving too.

Eventmom: Something in my head thinks I remember hearing that allergies are an inflammatory response, so maybe the meds and the allergies have you bloated. Like a perfect storm Yesterday was 80 in town, and today it's only 60! I kept all the windows closed last night because of the quick cool down. I didn't want to freeze the house.

Oh, so I have my wasp trap. It's been chugging along, doing OK. I read to put apple juice in the top instead of the "attractant" they sell, so I did. It's been going amazing!! I think I caught a queen, because the last 2 days it's been just a swarm in there and around it! I have had about 30 wasps in there crawling around at any given time. I can stand there and watch it, and just watch a parade of wasps going in! It's been insane! I can't even get out there to change the apple juice, because there is never a time where all the wasps are dead. I'm hoping with this cool down I can change the apple juice! I kinda want to leave it though in case there is a queen and she is attracting them all to their deaths. I hate wasps. My other trap has been chugging along as usual, but the one "out front" is going gang busters!! So cool to watch though.

Hi Ebianco!!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 09:39 AM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Jacquelyn gentle barre sculpt + 15 min dance body

so this is the first time I tried a dance body workout. I doubt I could follow their full on workouts but I liked this one.

buzzer - allergies are definitely inflammatory - at least the response it. I'm not freaking out too much about the weight, I think it's a fluctuation due to the things you mentioned. Hopefully it will go away. I did drop a pound of it today even though I had a big lunch while I waited for DH to get his spine injection. I take melatonin every night!

hi ebianco!
Old 09-29-21, 12:54 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

I started my workout week today with Firm Tough Tape 2. I love this one! This one has always been one of my favorites. No surprise I guess since Firm Cardio is probably my most beloved Firm and there's a lot of Firm Cardio in this one! But also Firm Strength, Maximum Body Sculpting, Better Body and Buns, and even the pushup/low body extensions from Firm Fat Blaster. I feel like Tough Tape 2 is more balanced than Tough Tape 1 because of all the arm work. Even though I love it, I haven't done it in over a year! I'm sure I'll do it again soon though. I just love all the arm work in this one, but still get leg press, squats, lunges, and plie squats with the leg lift.

I plan to do Better Body and Buns tomorrow. I don't want to shake up my routine yet, but I've been thinking about following what I'm doing now through October, and then starting a 12 week Caroline EPIC program for November through January. And if/when I get tired of Caroline, I can sub in Cathe and Firm as I want, and also I want to add some barre to the rotation.

Eventmom I'm glad some of your bloating went down! I have been feeling a little more upbeat and less bloated the last few days so can hopefully keep that up.

Buzzer Haha yeah I'm a crazy dog lady with Mia in the carrier because she is just so easily frightened and prefers to be carried. Some people kind of squint at me and they're like "that's not a baby, that's a dog!" LOL. YES I have been asked multiple times if I am a dog walker. No...they are all mine LOL.

Wow my sister lives in the area too (like within a 20 minute vicinity) and I am always slightly paranoid about running into her. But it's a pretty suburban area here and luckily we prefer totally different grocery stores, and do different things on a different schedule, so far luck has held that I haven't seen her. YES to who you said, even though she is toxic, I am too nice to be mean and would probably also give my sister the wrong impression that we are okay when we definitely aren't. In the last dream I had with her, I was consciously very angry with her, and very unhappy that she was wanting to talk to me, and had to tell her I would be polite but don't interpret that like I am okay with her, and that's probably what I would say in person too.

That is really sad about your parents since you were so close. I would feel like they were dead too! I am very close to my parents and like you did probably see them once or twice a month. If they were to move away and I never really saw them, I would feel like they were dead too It is even sadder in your case because they are missing out on their granddaughter!! Mine are also in their mid-late 70s. It is scary how old they are getting.
Old 09-30-21, 09:47 AM  
Buzzer

rest day yesterday.. done
Firm Strength.. DONE!

Wow. That was hard! I went up in my heavy weight from 12's to 15's. It didn't kill me, but it was hard!! I ended up resting after almost every set! It was all good though. Had to catch my breath!! My legs were shaking and it was so nice. I worked hard. I remember working this hard before, years ago. However lately (like in the last few years) whenever I work this hard, it's like I feel like I'm dying. Not today! I felt great! Worked and not over worked. not discouraged, but felt really good. The only thing I used my 12's on were the upright rows. I just am not sure about heavier weight on those. I tweaked a muscle in my shoulder a few days ago, and I seem to rediscover that every time I workout. Then it goes away. Hopefully I don't feel it sometime soon!

I even used 15's on my inner thighs until the static hold reps. I really worked myself today! It felt so good though.

Yesterday we ran so much. It was nuts. I think every activity we do, we did yesterday. I was exhausted. Today is just swim and karate.

Eventmom: glad some of the bloating went down! Cooler day today... it looks like it's going to snow outside though! Sudden temp change.

Ebianco: I am very afraid I would be nice to my "ex-sister" too. However, I like your plan of just being forthright and telling her that I will be polite but don't read too much into it. I need to stick to my boundaries on this one. She is too toxic to give any leeway to. My parents do break my heart. I try so hard to not let it get to me, but sometimes it just does and I can't run away from it. I have always had a flame of hope they would come back after a year, but now I just dont think they will. They are talking like they are there to stay. I don't think they realize (or care? I don't know) that they are getting older, and their family will take care of them if they need it, not random strangers who are nice to them. Those people will just say "oh, remember that couple that..." It's your family who remembers you and takes care of you. I feel like they just gave that all away. What can I do? <sigh>
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 09-30-21, 01:20 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Hi all,

Today I did Firm Better Body and Buns. Wow my legs were tired from yesterday (actually much more than my upper body) so it was a tough workout today. It's funny because like 1/4 of this workout is in Tough Tape 2. I always liked the bright colors and kind of tropical music in this one.

Eventmom waves!

Buzzer Firm Strength is super hard!! I think the way Pam stacks the exercises adds to the burnout in this one.

With my ex-sister, I was thinking about what I would say to her because our other sister (who is staying neutral) is hosting Christmas this year. I doubt the ex-sister will want to show up and face me, my DH, AND my parents who she is also estranged from, but you never know So I was starting to prepare what I would say. Which is something like I'm happy to be civil at this family function and not make any scenes, but things are definitely not okay between us.

It is so sad about your parents moving away. Yes, you would think they would be really starting to think seriously about who will take care of them, and not to move away from their family support system?!
Old 10-02-21, 07:50 AM  
Buzzer

Angles lines and curves 2... DONE!

This time, this workout was easier. I felt like I grunted and groaned and had on my heavy down coat (range of motion wise) last time, and this time although it wasn't easy, I felt like I just had on a lighter down coat I apparently always have some spare padding in my way.

I love how much she works and stretches the core though. I also knew the workout a bit more this time, so instead of looking at the TV for the first rep or trying to figure out what she was doing, I had a better idea and was able to stay on task and focus more on what I was doing and what muscles I was using. I am not sore after it either! Which is good.

Today I want to do another strength workout, hopefully my muscles agree!!

I plan on taking LB to a festival today, then we got invited to an impromptu potluck and fire pit this evening. LB woke me up about 4am because she had a bad dream and I didn't fall back to sleep. Which I suppose is OK, but since we are doing that this evening I feel like I should have gotten more sleep.

Yesterday we did a big day of school (which was much needed), swim lessons, karate, and Urban Air. I had nothing planned, but we ended up busy anyhow. Seems to be how it goes for us! Oh, I also got some super hot peppers in a "grab bag" at the farmers market, and the lady up the street said they'd take them so we dropped them off and ended up staying and talking for an hour. Suddenly, after thinking about it, I'm surprised we got as much school done as we did!

We cracked our Saxon math for the first time this "year" (since about May) and LB, after doing some of the problems, said "it feels good to stretch my brain like this again" so although I was thinking of taking Saxon out because of all we have going on, I think I will leave it in. A nice challenge!

Ebianco: I stressed the first few years about running into my ex-sister at my parents house for Christmas. Luckily, they respected our decision (even if they didn't always agree with it) and scheduled her for the morning, and us for the afternoon. I ran into them once as they were leaving, we pulled in as they pulled out. It was awkward, but luckily she hot footed it out of there right away. So hopefully she was just as set to not see us as we were to not see her! I hope your sister is the same way. I think it's easier if the estrangement goes both ways.

Firm strength is hard! I forget from one session to the next. I remember how tough all the volumes are, but for some reason forget about the rest! Well, and Super Sculpting. I always remember THAT one is hard!! HA! I love the firm. I have been doing these workouts for 30 years (actually maybe a little over that by a year or two) and I still don't know them all! I also still am surprised when I do the workouts how hard they are. You'd think after this long I'd have them all memorized and know which is which. I was thinking of doing Firm Cardio today, since it is the "alternate with this workout" one to Firm Strength. I made the mistake once of doing them one day after another. HA! I don't know if that's what they were thinking, but that's a total no go. ow.

So today is high of 70 in town, so the festival should be pleasant! I'd rather be on the "cooler" side than the "too hot" side. I'm sure it'll be crowded, but it will be so nice to go. Last year it was cancelled. I'm glad it's going this year!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-02-21, 12:04 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

not sure I missed your earlier posts, or if VF isn't sending notifications.

Thursday - Action Jacquelyn beginner barre +?? I think an up to the beat walk
Friday - TA beg #1 + TA popstar
Today - AJ barre tone + 20 Brand fitness walk

buzzer - firm strength love it!
ebianco - so you are both on a firm fling!

I'm toying with doing some margaret or joyce next week.

have a great weekend!
Old 10-03-21, 08:35 AM  
Buzzer

Firm Cardio... DONE!

Lots of legs!! Lots and lots of legs! It's good though. Two sets of step ups, 15-16 reps (either she miscounted or I did), almost back to back. That was hard. I used my 15's though, and tried to focus in and contract the muscles, plus use good form. It was hard doing both! I will work up to it though. Just like I did with my 12's. The 15's sure feel more right though. I am fatigued at the end of sets like I'm supposed to be. Even the overhead presses! Oh man, those tricep dips with your feet on the step and hands on the 2x4. They felt good though.

Overall the workout was excellent. At some point in the past, I wrote on my little piece of paper with the workout "good for tired, sore, or don't wanna days". What???? How in shape was I when I wrote that one???? My favorite reviews on the paper I put with the workouts though are where I review it once, then in the future of that review I write "Was I drunk when I wrote that???" because the workout is harder than I made it sound in the review. it always cracks me up. I guess an inside joke with myself!

Yesterday we didn't get to the fall festival until almost 2pm, and had to leave at 4:15ish. So I wasn't comfortable standing in a line for anything because our time was short. LB got a glitter tattoo that was supposed to last for up to 7 days, and it barely lasted through the evening. We pet donkeys and a fuzzy cow, rode the "train" (a tractor pulling carts), drank apple cider, went through an old house, talked to a lady who was knitting socks with a WW1 sock knitting machine! That was really cool. History I didn't know about, but want to learn more about!

We went to the potluck, which ended up being a party with a LOT of people, and stayed until a little after midnight. So I was up almost 24 hours yesterday! I slept in until 7, which is an unheard of time for me. It was so much fun, the kids were making memories, and everyone was so nice. I love that.

I have no idea if I will workout today. It's already 7:30am, and I haven't finished my coffee, which is a requirement for the workout. I will probably take the day off and take LB back to the festival today. There's another next weekend, plus we are doing Great Wolf. I love the fall!!

Eventmom: I love both Margaret and Joyce. I own all their work, I need to go back to them some day too! So many workouts, so little time! I don't want to part with any of my workouts since they aren't really being created anymore. I think I have hit the end of the collecting part. Now I am at the part where I keep them to do if I want to (I won't be on a Firm kick forever!) and also so LB has a good collection of workouts to do as she gets older. I have doubles of what Firm's I can double so she can take them with her when she goes to college or wherever. I don't even know if she will want to, but I want them there just in case now while they are still available! Sadly I don't have doubles of some of the rare workouts (Ballroom Aerobics, Tortoise, Hare, Strength and Cardio) however when she moves out, maybe I won't be doing that tough of workouts anymore. Who knows. But I am keeping them for me and for her now!

Ebianco: You reminded me of Tough Tape 2 and now it's on my radar to do. maybe that'll be my next one, once my legs recover from Cardio!! Cardio was a really good workout though. I liked the rhythm of the reps. Those leg presses though.... woof.
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Old 10-03-21, 04:14 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

yoga - 20 minutes sara ivanhoe
was planning to go to a jump lesson but knew my coach was going to check the ring before I headed up and it was too wet. so I tacked on:
TA 20 hip/thigh from targeted training
TA beg. DC

buzzer - firm cardio for a light day LOL. I *know* my dd won't want any of my dvds ever! Here I think I've been setting a good example and she will hike, play tennis, skate board will never to a workout dvd I'm 100% certain. I may clear out a few DVDs if /when we sell this house but it's hard to get rid of any when they aren't being made (basically) and it's getting hard to find some of them. I have a few duplicates so I can have favorites in NM - or if someone updated a workout (cardio barre, chicometrics) I took the older on to NM.

hi Ebianco!