Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-30-21, 08:22 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Lively Ladies - 20 Min Energizing Low Impact Cardio - this is funny b/c i picked this one out of her vast # of workouts and it turned out to be one that I had done previously. Anyway, it was a good workout. I like her - she is a bit like Pahla but lower key. She also includes a warm-up and cool down that is more complete than Pahla's so her 20 min workouts are about 35 min. This one had 20 moves, no repeat, 45 sec on/15 sec rest - although you could shorten the rest period by jumping into the next exercise while Trish was demonstrating it. I will definitely do more from this channel and hopefully not the same one again, LOL. She seems to be increasing her production with several a week. They are low key - filmed in her home in Ireland, I believe. She had some walking, some cardio, some weights/circuits - all seem to be at a "moderate" level.

Jessica Valent - Gentle Full Body Stretch - this was a new stretch from Jessica.

Sherry - that is a good idea about a weekly step goal - it does make much more sense. I'm glad your DD is doing better. My DD's wisdom teeth would not allow her 12 year old molars to come in fully so that is why she had hers out in her freshman year of HS. I think it turned out for the best b/c although it wasn't pleasant, the teeth and roots were smaller. Hers were all impacted. The surgeon did a good job though she had no swelling - I have been experimenting w/ my pillows as well - I noticed the same thing if it is too high it hurts my neck and shoulders - my tight side is my right side and i'm left handed - so who knows. I do have scoliosis....ugh

Pam - that sounds like fun - I can sometimes over-stretch too -

waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 09:32 AM  
Leonana

Donna, that’s great your dd had no swelling. My dd’s face was very swollen! But it was normal again after 48 hours. I think hers were going to erupt soon, because the orthodontist said she had to have them out in six months. They were coming in crooked. And she’s 20, so I’m sure they were full sized.

I had mine pulled when I was 22, because my orthodontist said they should come out. However, by the time I went in, they were fully in. Looking back, I’m wondering what was the point, they probably made my teeth crooked at that point. But maybe they would have made my teeth worse over the years. It was fairly easy for me, since they had come in fully, and I have a good pain tolerance.

I have scoliosis also, but mine is not the S curve, I slump straight over with rounded shoulders and back. I wore a back brace in high school, but not sure it helped. I think working out and strengthening my core has helped the most.

Sitting at the computer is the worst! Second worst is a workout with lots of deadlifts, bent over rows and lunges. I’m going to have to modify L&S lower body more, or sub something else in.
Old 07-30-21, 06:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
Pam, I went to Goodwill today and picked up Gaiam Suzanne Deason AM and PM Yoga Conditioning for Weight Loss. I think I read your positive review of it, unless it was a different AM and PM workout!

What is the first Waterfire lighting? Sounds fun!
You can't go wrong with anything of Suzanne Deason's. Her yoga is fantastic, no matter which one you get!

Waterfire didn't happen last year 2020 because of the pandemic. It's a big deal for the art scene here and for tourism. The river is lit up downtown with braziers and boats with people tend to the fire. In mid Aug. to early Oct. people show up for this on a Friday/Saturday evening. There are craft booths and food vendors. The music is mesmerizing and it's a lovely scene, and each lighting honors and celebrates an event or cause. Whenever we have visitors from out of town it is a "must-see." My DH knows the creator (Barnaby Evans) pretty well.

Waterfire on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veCJonVElq0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-IzfLqA4qE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRLAin4q2mQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1Z4l-RR3q0

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 10:30 PM  
Leonana

No workout today. I did my volunteer filing, and mowed the lawn in the evening. I had to wait until 7 pm, when it was a balmy 98 degrees lol. I have more yard work tomorrow, but hoping I can fit the L&S strength workout. I also have Mobility Wakeup left too for this week.

Pam, thanks for the video links. That does look amazing! Kind of peaceful too, with the fire and music. What a wonderful idea the artist had to create this. That’s cool your husband knows him. There was another Suzanne Deason, yoga for stress relief, I’ll have to look for it next time.
Leonana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 07:15 AM  
Kitten

posted in the wrong thread

Last edited by Kitten; 07-31-21 at 07:18 AM. Reason: lol whoops
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 03:23 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I took yesterday (Friday) off. We did some estate sale shopping, but was feeling like I needed a rest.

Today was Shelly McDonald Caribbean Workout (Stretch into Yoga) Basic Yoga.

We'll be out all day Sunday, so I'm hoping to do a PM Yoga of some kind.

Have a good weekend!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 06:13 PM  
Leonana

This morning I did some yard work. After the rain, at 8 am it was 80 degrees and 70% humidity. I almost died lol. The sweat was just pouring off of me. I’ve worked outside when it’s 100 and 10% humidity, and I wasn’t as hot. I guess it’s a good thing I’m not in Florida. Although I’ve been wondering lately if Phoenix is becoming Florida lol.

But I still managed the last strength workout this week, Total Body Circuit Primary Moves. I did the first set only, so cut it down to 30 minutes. This one is not a favorite, it has those pesky golf swings, which I skip. I still have a yard work project next week, so will be juggling my workouts in.

Pam, it sounds like you are having a fun but busy weekend. I’m going to try and do the Suzanne dvd tonight or tomorrow.

Kitten, I like your reason for editing, lol.
Old 08-01-21, 04:24 PM  
Leonana

Today was a short yoga, Jessica's 15 Minute Yoga for Relaxation and Stretch, I think on the Yoga Fusion Fix dvd. I am tired from the week of workouts, so taking a rest. Dd is coming over this evening for dinner, so I will enjoy that.

Pam, I did try the Gaiam AM and PM Yoga with Suzanne Deason. The AM was with Rodney Yee, however. He's okay, but his speedo distracts me, lol. I started Suzanne's PM, but had to stop. The volume is too low for me, and I can't hear her. I ff'ed and the moves looked good though! That's the sucky side of my hearing loss, there are some good workouts I can't do. I can't see my tv from the floor, so I need to hear it. Unfortunately, I find older dvd's don't have the sound quality of the newer ones. The yoga moves looked really nice though. DH is going to look for a better tv for me. If I can find something I can see from the floor, maybe I can use it later.
Old 08-01-21, 04:53 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

Sorry to be MIA, the last two days:

Saturday - Jane Adams - Morning Yoga and outdoor walking (we went to the
zoo - )

Sunday - Jenny Ford - March Across America # 2 - Ohio; Jane Adams - Core Practice

Not much else going on - trying to re-group before the week kicks off tomorrow.

I see Jessica Valent has changed up her calendar - it looks like she is making strength training more of a priority/focus. Her new calendar looks like this:

Sunday - Rest
Monday - Legs
Tuesday - Steady State Cardio
Wed - Arms
Thurs - Intervals & Core
Friday - Mobility/Injury Prevention
Sat - Pilates

I may follow along w/ her this month - truthfully I do need to do more strength training....

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday!!

Donna
Old 08-02-21, 07:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Decided to try Jessica's calendar for this month - at least to start the month off!

Today was Leg Day - so it was her Full Body Sculpt w/ Weights - this was definitely lower body focused, but there was some upper body and core in there as well. It was challenging. Jessica used a 15 lb kbell. I started w/ my 8 lb kbell and dropped down to my 5 lb kbell. You can use a single weight instead - so no need for a kbell. She also used a step bench for some exercises. It was all straightforward and definitely modifiable - and I modified!

I think these workouts are ultimately good for me b/c I do need to focus more on strength for healthy aging.

This one is definitely one I can grow w/ over time.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Donna

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy