Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-21, 07:34 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yoga Download (YD) Anytime Detox Flow - 30min.
GHUTV Burn & Build Low Impact Cardio & Core - 30min.

Detox Flow was a nice and easy gentle flow. Not that many twists which I like, but still an enjoyable class. My flexibility has gone downhill and I need to work on it to feel better. I've been feeling achy and stiff lately. Actually, for quite a while now.

Burn & Build consisted of 15min low impact cardio and 15min of core - mostly oblique work. I like this class. I'm enjoying working out with GHUTV and have been using my membership almost every day. I feel almost guilty that I only paid $9 per year for Gold membership. It's so worth it!

Waving hi to everyone!
Old 10-31-21, 06:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workouts were

Senior Shape - Strength & Cardio Workout - 35 minutes; Caroline Jordan - Exercises to Help High Hamstring Tendonitis - 15 minutes

Lauren's Senior Shape workout was short blocks of 3 cardio moves repeated for 3 rounds followed by 2 strength moves repeated for 2 rounds. I believe there were 4 cycles of cardio/strength followed by a nice stretch.

Caroline's video was fairly standard stuff for PITA syndrome.

I got my Moderna booster Friday afternoon so I skipped working out on Saturday; I will probably do something today. I felt slightly worse than I did for shot #1 but nothing like shot #2. No fever, no aches other than a headache and sore arm and just a little bit of fatigue.

Y'all, I discovered Thursday that my primary care physician has let her conservative political views influence her medical thinking. She is not a believer in the vaccine - it's killed over 15,000 people, don't you know? She thinks the government has vastly inflated the death numbers from CoVid, etc. I'm so disappointed in her. Sadly, I think it's time to find another doctor, which at my age, may be difficult.

Donna - Glad you are getting a chance to get away for a minibreak. And without DD! I bet it's been a long time since that happened!

Dana - I agree. GHUTV is a bargain, especially if you get a "deal".

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 02:52 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I hope you have a good weekend.

Carol nice job on the challenges!

Dana you may have just needed a break? You did make me laugh saying dilly dally. You could always create a Operation Loose Pants Rotation!

Went on a challenging 7 mile hike on Wednesday and then did mobility only Thursday. Friday and Saturday was Cathe virtual road trip workouts. Today was a mobility stretch Thriller inspired short workout. I may take an additional rest day Monday.

Happy Jack-o'-lantern Day to Brenda, and Pam !!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-21, 07:00 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Mixed Format with Stacey - 10/27/21 - 30 minutes

This mixed format workout was structured in 50 second intervals - a strength move, generally with light weights, followed by a stretching move. Stacey finished up on the mat with a little bit of ab work and more stretching. Not strenuous at all, which is just what I was looking for.

Happy Halloween! I am kind of a bah humbug kind of person when it comes to Halloween.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-21, 07:35 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

November thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...56#post2945556