Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-05, 02:01 PM  
sandym
VF Supporter

Dynamic Stretch

I just got this in a trade and adore it. It's just what I wanted in a stretch video. A bit challenging, flows so you are not bored to tears, no sun salutation type things (because I dislike them), hits every muscle I need to hit. Yes, the intro is a bit off sync and the production quality is so-so but the scenery is lovely and the music nice and the workout even more lovely so for me it is near perfect. I think people who like Classical Stretch might like this but it is more stretch than toning.
sandym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 03:29 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Thank you, thank you for more feedback! I appreciate it. I think I can overlook the deficienies and now, I'll have to get the one with Scott Cole.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 03:43 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58
Thank you, thank you for more feedback! I appreciate it. I think I can overlook the deficienies and now, I'll have to get the one with Scott Cole.
Pat, it's this one:
http://www.janissaffell.com/feimain.asp?page=YYv

DDD used to have it, I think.
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-05, 06:32 PM  
carole r.

I got Dynamic stretch at Frye's for $9.99 along with South Beach Slam. I like both of them. Don't think that it's an easy stretch video, though. It's definitely intermediate level. It has some pilates type moves in it too.
Old 10-20-05, 07:54 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

WOW when I need to be enabled - this is the place to come! Thanks Carole, Yin Yang looks right up my alley, too!

Santa Claus is coming to town. I thought only men wanted a long-legged blonde under their Christmas tree?
Old 10-20-05, 07:58 PM  
princess76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58
Santa Claus is coming to town. I thought only men wanted a long-legged blonde under their Christmas tree?
ROTFLMAO!
princess76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 05:51 AM  
Kyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym
I think people who like Classical Stretch might like this but it is more stretch than toning.
Does this compare well to the Classical Stretch w/o called Athlete's Intense Stretch? That is my favorite non-yoga stretching workout. It is kind of uncomfortable stretching in places, but uncomfortable because you need, but don't get the stretches that often. (Good upper body section, goes way beyond the standard delt/tri stretch, for instance.) This particular CS workout is not "toning," just stretching.

I am not looking for anything that smells like Kari's ALC/ALCII, which is what the description (yoga/pilates/stretching) reminds me of.

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 07:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Kyra, I like your signature quote! And I agree with you about ALC - I tried to like it but it always hurts me.
Old 10-21-05, 08:31 AM  
hollymarie

I got Janis's Beverly Hills Pilates at Ross for $4.99; it seems to be pretty good quality, and is photographed in an attractive outdoor setting. It has "19 minutes of core work, 9 minutes legs, 12 minutes full body, and 6 minutes cooldown."

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

hollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 09:12 AM  
BarbK
VF Supporter

Holly, I saw BHP at Ross too for $4.99 but didn't buy it - Do you think it is different from the regular Pilates stuff?

Kyra, I had Classical Stretch awhile back and couldn't take the instructor so I didn't keep it - I don't think DS is as intense.

I also had ALC2 which I thought was beautifully done but couldn't figure out how to use it due to it's length. DS did not remind me of ALC2.
BarbK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brand new butt, janis saffell