Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-04, 10:11 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899
Susanna,

You have too many videos You generously gave me your copy, but I guess you forgot! If you want it back, please pm me. I didn't want you to go searching for a video that you're not going to find at your house.
ROTFLMAO!!!
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-04, 07:29 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

Sherry, don't worry! I haven't looked for it yet so I guess I dont want it badly enough! he he...and I really couldn't do the floor work...shoot, I remember her being over halfway through it before I managed to get on the floor! hehe...and you're right..I DO have too many videos/dvds...just can't keep track of them. I did like the workout though..at least the floor part..but I like Sizzler better...that's one reason I didn't do it as much Iguess..seems like I did it twice and put it aside. I was thinking I may have sent it to someone after I posted...guess I was right!
Old 12-04-04, 07:51 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Bzar - I love this workout! I have it on VHS though. I don't use it as cardio or as sculpt. I like functional workouts like TLP's Core Cardio and I put this in the same genre. Some of the movements are more dance-related than other workouts, so I think that's why I like it a lot. I usually can keep my heart-rate up for the :30 minutes.
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-04, 08:10 AM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirmDancer
Bzar - I love this workout! I have it on VHS though. I don't use it as cardio or as sculpt. I like functional workouts like TLP's Core Cardio and I put this in the same genre.
I might try this one again, down the road, with the perspective of 'funtional fitness'... I liked the way the workout 'looked', but just didn't really 'understand' it.
Old 12-04-04, 09:17 AM  
little bird

I will keep it

Hi,
I just bought this DVD from Ross and couldn't decide if I should keep it or take it back. I like what FirmDancer said about it having dancy (?word) moves. Thanks all for the info/opinions
Laverne
little bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-04, 03:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i ended up getting it! thanks everyone! our ross here marked it down to $6.99, and i figured i'd do it with my only other Crunch DVD - boot camp.

i wish that janis' ab workout that she did for Crunch was on a DVD as a bonus somewhere! i looked at the clip on collage and it uses pilates bands and a back towel.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-05, 02:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

okay, i finally broke the seal and did this one today.

i liked it. i had 3 sets of weights nearby -

using 1.5 # each hand (weighted gloves) for the warm up and cool down or whenever she put her heavier weights down

used 5 # dumbbells each hand for lateral raises
used 8 # dumbbells for back work

it is a functional fitness workout.

it's not a cardio workout, but you could keep your HR up there if you use heavy weights and really focus your brain.

i wouldn't say it is dancy, but the sequencing really challenges your brain because the order and type of moves is slightly different than what you'd expect. to me, dancy is like Lisa Wheeler.

there is no whooping to be had here. music is good. nice big set. the background exercisers look like normal people. previewed Janis's bun workout and it doesn't look dated - that was my fear.

now, here's my "out loud " wish....that they release Burn & Firm on DVD with Janis's ab workout as a bonus!
Old 01-13-05, 02:22 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Bzar -

Does your Ross have Donna Richardson's 3-day Rotation? The strength workouts are AWESOME, and very 'Crunch-like'. [ie Crunch set, Crunch music, etc]

I never do the cardio parts, but the 30-min strength workouts pack a whallop.
Old 01-13-05, 03:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymRatt
Bzar -

Does your Ross have Donna Richardson's 3-day Rotation? The strength workouts are AWESOME, and very 'Crunch-like'. [ie Crunch set, Crunch music, etc]

I never do the cardio parts, but the 30-min strength workouts pack a whallop.
they had it a while back - it comes back once in awhile. thanks - i'll look out for it.

about Ross - did you see that thread about someone buying from Ross what they thought was QF power yoga, and the DVD label itself had that title, but when they turned on the DVD, it was The Method 20/20?
Old 01-14-05, 11:23 AM  
little bird

I had the same thing to happen to me

I bought the QF Power Yoga (I thought) at Ross. It was labeled yoga on the outside cover and on the dvd but it was Method 20/20 Pilates.
Laverne
little bird is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crunch cardio sculpt, janis saffell, sizzler, violet zaki