Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-12-04, 08:32 PM  
Celes

Thanks Nat and Kathiez - is there any specific brand that you would recommend? The custom fees suck but it definitely better than nothing
Old 04-12-04, 08:38 PM  
Fayk40

Kathiez,
How do you like the weighted gloves from power systems? Are the comfortable? I was thinking of ordering Janis gloves but they cost so much. Maybe I'll go with the ones from power system.
Fayk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-04, 04:25 AM  
kathiez
VF Supporter

I just got whatever gloves were in the Powersystems catalog, they did not have a choice of brands but only one kind. They are very comfortable and fit fine.
kathiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-04, 10:04 PM  
LadyLwyr

Thanks

Hi Nat.

Thanks for answering my chaptering question. By the way, I like the Junie B. Jones quote. I used to be a primary school teacher and had a lot of fun reading books from that series to my class. I tried to get my niece into them, but she's too into the Disney princess thing to appreciate Junie B.
LadyLwyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-04, 10:04 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Thank You Ladies!!

Hi! I've missed y'all. I have gone from a VF junkie to being too busy to drop in much, not to mention this place is TOUGH on my pocketbook, haha. but I dropped in a week or so ago and saw this thread on Hardcore Kickbox and just had to try it (of course, pulling out the card AGAIN ) I am SO glad I did! I adore this workout. I have really sluffed off this past year, and gained weight and lost strength. I was really struggling with getting re-motivated, SHAME on me, I am trained to motivate OTHERS and fell into a slump myself. This workout has me pumped again. It has combos to keep it interesting, but not SO complicated that I end up just standing there doing jabs, as with some others that just go too fast and mixing up too much. I love kickbox when it is right, and am actually certified to train it, but yet find that so many of the workouts just don't do it for me. I am fussy, LOL. I love Janis' style in her KB workouts, and having two instructors is fun. I feel as if I have gotten both a good cardio and toning workout when I am finished with this. Like the cooldown/stretch too. You wouldn't THINK I would need any more workouts, as I have hundreds already, but it is amazing what a new and fun DVD will still do to get me going again. THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-04, 12:58 PM  
JeepGirl

Hey Red,

Nice to "see" you! I've missed your posts as they are so informative. I was on the fence about buying HKC but I think I'm going to take the plunge after all the great reviews. I just got Kathy Smith's Kickboxing in a trade--my first kickboxing workout. Haven't done it yet though.

Does anyone have other Janis workouts that they like? I have both Brand New Butts (my DB cracks up over that title everytime I say it) but I haven't done the first one yet.

Red, what do you know/think about Lotte Berk, The Bar Method, or Callenetics?

Christine
JeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-04, 01:24 PM  
Leela
VF Supporter

RedFlame

It's GREAT to see you posting. I missed you and wondered where you were.

Leela
Leela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-04, 01:50 PM  
actionwoman
VF Supporter

I just caved!

I just caved and ordered this plus I preordered her new kickboxing dvd (only $10!!).
actionwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-04, 11:15 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Thanks ladies! Nice to be remembered. Re: callenetics, Berke, etc, they can be wonderful for toning without bulking. I am not familiar with the various workout DVD's or anything, just the 'methods', but similar to Yoga, this kind of work has it's place. I do, however, think that dynamic work is very important because of range of motion and the 'functional' aspect of the work, and of course, you would need to be sure to add in your cardio.

One thing that my first trainer ever said to me that really struck me with an 'OH', was "you have to BUILD muscle before you can TONE it", LOL. And this is so true. There are as many different 'beliefs' as there are trainers, I'm sure, but I highly recommend doing some true "weight training" to get the lean body mass onto the frame. THEN you can explore the various methods of 'cutting' and toning it. And important to ALL of your work, regardless of method chosen is your aerobic capacity. This MUST be focused on in MY opinion as a prerequisite to get the most from any training.

And don't you LOVE the bonus abs on this DVD? It is SO martial artsy, and without doubt one of the most unique ab sessions I have done since discovering Pilates! have a great day ladies!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-04, 03:58 PM  
christinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celes
I don't know if I can ask this here (I will delete this msg if inappropriate) but I have been having an impossible time finding weighted gloves here (in Canada). I have searched and searched. $2 sounds like a deal. I would be willing to pay someone for a pair of gloves plus shipping and extra for inconvenience. Or if someone knows any Canadian distributors please let me know! Thanks!
Celes ~ I did get my Janis Saffell gloves from the same site Nat mentioned. I couldn't order online though due to being in Canada, but I used their 1 800 number from the site and they were great. Shipping was reasonable and they only marked 24.99 on the customs tag as that was the item price, so I did not get charged customs fees. I love these gloves ~ top quality for sure. I would highly recommend these gloves and this store. They arrived in about 2 weeks.

...Come to Me all ye who are weary & heavy-ladened and I will give you Rest...
Matthew 11:28 / KJV ~ "The Holy Bible"

°~°*~*°~° Tina °~°*~*°~°
christinan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
janis saffell