Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-09-21, 01:11 PM  
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i recently acquired Trish's Ab /Strength Attack on her combo DVD. will look into Gilad's Core & More - i have lots of his other DVDs.
Is that Trish’s original Ab Attack on DVD? I sure hope you say Yes. My VHS is starting to make buzzing noises.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 02:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Is that Trish’s original Ab Attack on DVD? I sure hope you say Yes. My VHS is starting to make buzzing noises.
yes - the first link is the one i have, and the second and third links are the DVD versions of the individual workouts.

Power Body: Strength & Core Workout Set with Trish Muse (removed erroneous parenthetical info)
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Body-St...3806597&sr=8-1

Core Attack: The Resistance with Trish Muse (different than original "Ab Attack")
https://www.amazon.com/Core-Attack-R...3806655&sr=8-5

Strength Attack with Trish Muse (aka Strength Attack)
https://www.amazon.com/Strength-Atta...3806651&sr=8-4

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.

Last edited by bzar; 10-10-21 at 05:03 PM. Reason: edited after reading Terry's response.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 07:11 AM  
Terry

Quote:
yes - the first link is the one i have, and the second and third links are the DVD versions of the individual workouts.

Power Body: Strength & Core Workout Set with Trish Muse (aka Strength and Ab Attack)
https://www.amazon.com/Power-Body-St...3806597&sr=8-1

Core Attack: The Resistance with Trish Muse (aka Ab Attack)
https://www.amazon.com/Core-Attack-R...3806655&sr=8-5

Strength Attack with Trish Muse (aka Strength Attack)
https://www.amazon.com/Strength-Atta...3806651&sr=8-4
I have the DVD on the first link. Core Attack doesn’t help my back/SI like the original Ab Attack does.

The original is in three sections. The class includes Trish in yellow and black plus five others, one man four women, mostly in blue and black. They use short blue mats on a wood floor.

The first section focuses on crunches and lasts about 31 minutes. I like this section but it is not what helps my low back and SI joint.

The second section, which lasts about 28 minutes, puts up a title screen: Stabilization Lower Back and Upper Back Workout. The first 17 minutes of this section is my exercise therapy. Several times she says to do the modification if you have lower back issues, but I do what Trish does and it helps my lower back.

One of the moves in section two that helps me and that I haven’t found in any of my Gilad videos: On the back, knees up and out to the side “like a butterfly” with feet together, hands on outside of knees, push out with legs and in with hands while tightening every body part involved for some seconds of isometric contractions. Two times she counts 8 seconds but I haven’t paid attention to know if all sets are 8 seconds. She does four or five sets (again I haven’t paid attention) but I add an extra set as she talks us into the next move.

The therapeutic-to-me section ends with a bazillion minutes in bird dog/table top position. Here she does something I also don’t have in any other workouts in my collection: bird dog, an arm and opposite leg extended, rock forward and back. This is probably easy for some people but it is hard for me.

Once Trish is done giving me my 17 minutes of PT, she moves into various Superman moves. (Trish and Gilad are Superman Queen and King, so I suppose her moves are Superwoman.) I usually stop at this point despite knowing that this work would also be good for me.

Section two ends with upright rows and is the only part that uses equipment (two people use dumbbells, two use a body bar, two don’t use weights). Then she moves into the last section - a good stretch for about 7 minutes.
Old 10-10-21, 08:25 AM  
MathTeacher

I know that all of my hip and thigh issues are so much better when I do Callanetics, but as soon as I start feeling better I quit and do something else. When I start hurting again I will vow to do Callanetics every day. It is a vicious cycle. Since this thread has started I have done it three times and feel better already.

I like Lacey Kondi's 30 Days to a Better Body. I start it around 13 minutes with the thigh squeezes followed by pretzel. It is about 11 minutes.
Old 10-10-21, 05:01 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
I have the DVD on the first link. Core Attack doesn’t help my back/SI like the original Ab Attack does.
Hi Terry, since this was my first experience with any of Trish's workouts, are you saying that "Core Attack" is a completely different workout than "Ab Attack"?

i had assumed that they were the same. i am so sorry to have made that assumption.

That means "ab Attack" might not be available on DVD?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-21, 05:12 PM  
Terry

Quote:
Hi Terry, since this was my first experience with any of Trish's workouts, are you saying that "Core Attack" is a completely different workout than "Ab Attack"??
Yes they are different. I wish she had done Core Attack with the same moves she has in Ab Attack. Core Attack uses a band. I wonder if the one time I did Core Attack, I failed to use good form. This could easily be true so maybe Core Attack is better than my current judgement.

I assume Ab Attack isn’t on DVD because I can’t find it.

By couch potato review, I’m guessing Gilad has some work that would help me just as well. I need to try it to actually know.

Tags
ab attack, callanetics, callenetics, core attack, lower back pain, pretzel, sacroiliac joint, sciatica, trish muse