Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-21, 09:35 AM  
manleym

Fabric band and loops

Does anyone have recommendations for fabric bands and loops from Amazon that are good quality? I'm trying to decide whether to order from Cathe or if there are some available on Amazon that would be similar to hers in quality. There are so many choices on Amazon it's hard to tell which are really good quality and which aren't. Thanks for your input!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 09:48 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

I want to know too! I've not had the best luck with ordering bands on Amazon which is what has me thinking I'll just order them with Cathe's preorder, but I'm curious if anyone has suggestions anyway!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 09:52 AM  
prettyinpink

I have the 4KOR 2 inch hip bands from Amazon and use them quite a bit.
I do prefer the Glute Loops from Bret Contreras, especially when I want a stronger band, but the Amazon ones are good quality and lower cost.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 10:18 AM  
edensmom

One thing to look out for is loop size. Some loops increase/decrease tension using band circumference rather than actual tension. So when you order a set of say medium and light, one band will just be bigger than the other. I don't prefer this kind. The bigger loops fall off my body and I am not a super small person.
I'd also second the recommendation for going with Brett's bands. If you want to just try something out for cheap though, grab a band from tj Maxx.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 10:50 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
I want to know too! I've not had the best luck with ordering bands on Amazon which is what has me thinking I'll just order them with Cathe's preorder, but I'm curious if anyone has suggestions anyway!
This was what I came to. The absolute cheapest on Amazon are in the $10-15 range...and that's with reviews that talk about losing resistance and such. Arena Bands are like $40. For me, I did the math and if the preorder price for the DVDs is $15 each, then I paid $20 for the bands and $20 for the loops (that includes the shipping $). Not cheap but comparable to Amazon but I'm more confident in quality.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 11:04 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

This is the same reply I posted to the other thread.

The fitness loops I have are here:
https://smile.amazon.com/CHOOYOU-Fit...711744&sr=8-54

The bands I ordered yesterday here:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't necessarily recommend them. The loops my son gave to me for Christmas and I've yet to use them. The bands I ordered yesterday. Both have good reviews.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 11:26 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I've had the GymB bands (pink, grey, black set) for legs/butt, but have yet to use them.

I also ordered the Te-Rich long resistance bands ($17) and they should be arriving tomorrow. I like that the Te-Rich tag seems to match band color.

I will know if I like them (once I use them) to see if they have enough stretch and resistance.

ETA: I tried my GymB Loop bands today with Cathe's Lower Body Blast (Floorwork section.) Used the Light resistance (grey) and while the product seems well made, it's not loose around my thighs, like a latex band might be. So, in viewing Cathe's use of her green loop band that sits higher on the thigh, I think my current band would be too uncomfortable for that purpose. Wearing it lower to mid-thigh seems fine, though. So, I'm a bit torn with GYMB until I find another Cathe workout that uses loop bands for lower body butt/leg work.

I wish Cathe gave measurements for her new loop bands. And, I think I saw measurements somewhere for the other, but it's not on the order page. The GymB description for the product says it measures 14 inches, but haven't measure it myself to verify.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)

Last edited by Pam61; 04-29-21 at 03:21 PM. Reason: ETA Tried GymB loop bands!
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 03:18 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
One thing to look out for is loop size. Some loops increase/decrease tension using band circumference rather than actual tension. So when you order a set of say medium and light, one band will just be bigger than the other. I don't prefer this kind. The bigger loops fall off my body and I am not a super small person.
This is the kind of loop band that I have (light, medium, and heavy), and am not very happy with them. I can just squeeze my legs into the smallest loop for extremely concentrated (can barely move) barre squeezes, and the middle loop for a little more range of motion. I agree the largest loop is not usable.

I ended up taking a chance on Cathe's loops/bands in the preorder. I assume hers will be of a good quality.
Old 04-29-21, 04:57 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I bought the one recommended by Caroline Girvan. They are good quality.

https://www.amazon.com/shop/carolinegirvan
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-21, 05:39 PM  
pharma_gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I bought the one recommended by Caroline Girvan. They are good quality.

https://www.amazon.com/shop/carolinegirvan
These ones are different lengths rather than different resistance. I don’t really like that. I’m going to order Cathes band but I’m still not sure if the lengths are different.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arena strength, booty bands, boss bands, boss loops, fabric resistance loops, resistance bands, resistance loops