Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-21, 07:25 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
The folks I personally know who had a strong reaction to the first shot had very little reaction to the second shot (coincidentally or not, they had also had CoVid).

Carol
I know someone who had Covid and had no reaction to either dose of Pfizer vaccine. A study about this would be interesting

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
Old 04-21-21, 07:39 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I know someone who had Covid and had no reaction to either dose of Pfizer vaccine. A study about this would be interesting
I'm sure they will do one.

Carol
Old 04-21-21, 08:07 AM  
donnamp

It is very interesting about reactions and who has them/who doesn't.

My DH had his first Pfizer a few days before I had mine. He reported a lot of arm soreness. He rarely gets sore from the flu shot and has never reacted to a flu shot.

I got my Pfizer shot two days after his and my arm soreness was pretty minimal. When I get my flu shot my arm is sore for a week and I have had reactions to the flu vaccine ranging from mild body aches to fever/chills/dizziness, etc.

So, it will be interesting to see how we do with our second shots.

My DD got her first Pfizer at the same time as me - she had mild arm soreness but better than the flu shot or the meningitis shot she got in Feb. She doesn't react to the flu vaccine but she did not feel good after the meningitis.

There are probably a lot of reasons why people react/don't react and I wonder if the same person could have a different reaction under different circumstances - if they were less hydrated, or more or less stressed out, or suffering from allergies or not...

My DH's shot in 5/1 and mine/DD's is 5/3. So we shall see what our experiment of 3 produces.

Donna
Old 04-21-21, 08:42 AM  
Pam

I had less of a reaction to the second Mondera shot. No fever, less headaches, and less exhaustion, but arm had more soreness. I drank more water before and after the shot. I think that helped some. Every time I got a headache I drank and 20 minutes later it would be gone.
Old 04-21-21, 08:54 AM  
amery

I worked out the day of and each day after my first Moderna vaccine. My only side effect was arm soreness, but it wasn't awful.
With my second dose, I worked out the afternoon of the shot, but exactly 12 hours after my second shot, I began experiencing body aches, chills, nausea, headache, fatigue, etc. It was awful, but short-lived. That lasted about 12 more hours, then about 12 more hours of mild symptoms, then I felt great!
Old 04-21-21, 09:03 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
I worked out the day of and each day after my first Moderna vaccine. My only side effect was arm soreness, but it wasn't awful.
With my second dose, I worked out the afternoon of the shot, but exactly 12 hours after my second shot, I began experiencing body aches, chills, nausea, headache, fatigue, etc. It was awful, but short-lived. That lasted about 12 more hours, then about 12 more hours of mild symptoms, then I felt great!
This is almost my exact same experience with both doses.

Erica
Old 04-21-21, 09:08 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
That sounds similar to my dd's experience with Moderna.
Old 04-21-21, 09:14 AM  
Leonana

I listened to a podcast about the vaccine on Oh No, Ross and Carrie. They interviewed Dr. Paul Offit. He's the director of the Vaccine Education Center and an attending physician in the Division of Infectious Diseases at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. He's considered an international expert. The podcast has a lot of good info about the vaccines.

The question was asked about people with Covid being vaccinated. He said that three studies have shown that they don't need a second shot. But the CDC hasn't addressed it as of yet. I understood that to mean that people with Covid already have antibodies, so only one shot is needed. But he also said the logistics of giving everyone an antibody test before a vaccination was too hard.

Obviously, it's not recommended to do only one shot at this time. My guess is that recommendations for the vaccine might change with more research.
Old 04-21-21, 09:15 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I had my second Moderna yesterday. Because I had a mild reaction to the first dose, I planned nothing for today and drank lots and lots of water yesterday.
My appointment was 5 pm and my arm was sore by bedtime, then I had a lousy night's sleep. I have a lot on my mind (good things, actually) and I just felt my mind was very active, then I had chills, aches and general discomfort.

By 7am I got up, mostly to eat something light so I could take some Tylenol. I had a sightly elevated temperature, but still less than 100. Then back to bed and slept about an hour. I do feel better already.

And... it's snowing. I think I'll go back to bed
Old 04-21-21, 10:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Louise, snow here in Rochester too...ahh, April in upstate NY! I hope you did go back to bed.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
Closed Thread

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccine, vaccine reactions, vaccines