Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-31-20, 12:44 PM  
Sissy B

Fitbit/Fitness Tracker *August* 2020 Check-In

Welcome to the August 2020 Fitbit/Fitness Tracker Check-In. This check-in is designed for a place to share your daily steps via Fitbit, Apple Watch, pedometer, phone app or anything else you use to track your steps.

If you currently share your steps with another check-in, please continue to do so. But we'd love to hear about how everyone is achieving their goals counting steps.

You can track and record any steps you like via a Leslie workout, treadmill, or just plain old outdoor walking. All steps count! Feel free to just record your steps or log any other workouts you do in addition to your steps here too - yoga, strength training, kettlebells, dance, kickboxing, etc. - or just join in the conversation.

So if you walk or run for fitness and make a habit of counting your steps, please join us here and lets enable each other as we Step to Fitness.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-20, 02:49 PM  
dbclark44

Fri 7/31 - 2757 steps/1.13 miles; Cathe Lite Pyramid Upper Body

I ended the month with weights. Feel good I did Lite Pyramid Pump twice this week. That series is one of her better ones. I have serious doms for two days after doing that workout.

Haven't done anything yet. May just concentrate on lower body today since I only did upper yesterday.

Sissy, thanks for starting us off for the month.

It's cloudy and rainy here today, a carryover from yesterday. Have a great Saturday afternoon ladies.

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 11:06 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I'm on the plane home, and the reality of work starting this Friday. We will know for sure if we are doing school totally in person in about a week and a half. I walked 3 miles every day I was in OH. It's quite a workout to push both girls in the stroller!
Deb, it was rainy in OH the lastc2 days, which really cooled it down.
Sissy, thanks for starting us off!
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-20, 08:43 AM  
dbclark44

Sat 8/1 - 2444/1 mile
Sun 8/2 - 2353/.96 mile
Mon 8/3 - 9516/3.90 miles; Park walk 55 min/2.47 miles

Got out to the park early yesterday morning. Talking 6 AM. Taking my time this morning since it was 59 here when I got up. It's warmed up to 63 which is great for walking so I may get out there soon.

Chrys, my thoughts and prayers are with all of you education people as they figure out how to do the upcoming school year. Sounds like you got in some great walking workouts while in OH. You push weight when pushing a stroller so kudos to you.

Have a great Tuesday ladies.

Old 08-04-20, 12:16 PM  
Sissy B

Saturday, 8/1 - 2397 steps/1.01 miles
Sunday, 8/2 - 4878 steps/2.06 miles
Monday, 8/3 - 2728 steps/1.15 miles

The dogs and I came home from the condo today since I have a hair appointment tomorrow. Last night DD told me that she was going to miss me and asked me if I couldn't reschedule it. She thought her classes were going to start on next Monday and they don't start until the 17th. It was sweet and there was a part of me that wanted to stay because I'm really going to miss her too, but it was time to come home. Besides the hair appointment, I have some other things that I need to take care of here. I am going to miss going to the pool in the late afternoon though. That was my happy place.
Old 08-05-20, 10:01 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 8/4 - 6114 steps/2.59 miles

Not bad considering I drove home yesterday and was exhausted. I fell asleep while I was warming up dinner (I got a Buffalo Chicken Pasta take & bake from a local business here) and woke up when the oven timer went off. Then I fell asleep in the bathtub last night.

I'm going to get my hair colored and cut this afternoon. I need to go grocery shopping but that's probably not going to happen until tomorrow.

Chrys - School starts here tomorrow. They are doing school in person, but I think they did give parents the option for virtual learning as well. DD starts back on the 17th. About half of her classes will be online and she has one hybrid class where they will meet in person for some classes and other sessions will be online.

Deb - Your cooler temperatures sound wonderful! It's still hot here.

Hi, Leslie!
Old 08-05-20, 07:02 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

The weather here is absolutely gorgeous. The humidity is gone and it is 74 now and will get down into the 50's tonight. 😍

This morning I went to the nail salon and proper safety procedures were followed (minus the few customers who let masks slip under their noses, but what can you do??).

This afternoon I did the first half of Firm Volume 1. I got sucked into the hype at VF and ordered some egg weights. I'll let you know how I like them.

I have no clue what is going to happen with education but I have several teacher friend and family members who are nervous about going back. This is the first year I don't have any kids in school. My youngest son's GF has one semester left at University of Illinois and I think she will do a combo of online and in-person classes.
Old 08-05-20, 09:03 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. Yesterday was a recovery day - I had a headache all day long. Today, we walked the dog 3 miles, then I went to massage. She had to work hard on all the muscle knots, so I had a headache the rest of today too
Leslie, I'm nervous about going back to school.
Sissy, I hope you got some rest - you seem super tired!
Deb, good job getting up early! Those temps are ideal for walking.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-20, 02:32 PM  
Sissy B

Wednesday, 8/5 - 3931 steps/1.66 miles

DH and I went and got pizza last night for supper. I went grocery shopping today.

Chrys - I was exhausted. I didn't sleep well Monday night and got up early Tuesday morning so I could leave when DD went to work. I was on the road by 7 a.m. Plus, I do tend to have jet-lag from driving/traveling for a couple of days after I get home.

Leslie - I had never heard of egg weights until I read that thread yesterday.

Hi, Deb!
Old 08-07-20, 09:55 AM  
dbclark44

Tue 8/4 - 6828/2.80 miles
Wed 8/5 - Park walk 53 min/2.42 miles; Cathe XTrain Supercuts; 60 min Yin Yoga class with Travis Eliot via youtube; 8660/3.55 miles
Thu 8/6 - Cathe Lite Metabolic Blast; 4647/1.90 miles
Today - Park walk 50 min/2.34 miles

Hello ladies. Chrys, our temps are fantastic as Leslie mentioned. Below average for us but I love it! Tomorrow the humidity and temps start to climb again so my outdoor walking is going to take a hit unless I can get out by 6ish. This morning I was at the park by 7. It still felt good because our high is 85 today and it's a slow climb to there as it was 63 while I was walking.

I'm concentrating on metabolic type workouts this week. Today I plan to do Afterburn. I keep my weights real light, 5-8# max so I can concentrate on the move more and less on hoisting a heavier weight. Cathe has so many of these type workouts to choose from. Some are titled metabolic, some aren't but possess the same type qualities as one, like Supercuts. It's pretty metabolic but you couldn't tell from the title. As is Afterburn. And because I'm lifting so light I can do one of these workouts back to back. I like to put a rest day between my heavier weight lifting days when I'm concentrating on lifting heavy with good form.

Sissy, that was so sweet your DD wanted you back. You guys have such a great relationship.

Leslie, hope you got out to the nature trail today because it is nice.

Have a great Friday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers