Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-04-20, 04:04 PM  
JezthePuff2

Defective Cathe DVD - LITE Series

So, I'm ashamed to admit that although I've had the LITE series since it came out, today was the first day I tried the Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper Body DVD. While the DVD appears to be in perfect condition, when I hit play it goes directly to the shoulder segment (around the 18 minute mark). Trying to start the warm-up from the Chapters menu didn't help...it ended up going to the next DVD in my multi-disc player.

Finally, I tried "rewinding" it, and I was able to get to the warm-up and start the workout. All was well until the end when I realized that I did the warm-up, triceps, chest, shoulders, and stretch, but there was no back and biceps. Again, I went to the Chapters menu, but it wouldn't allow me to access the segment (just went to the next DVD).

I've contacted customer support, but just wondered if anyone else had similar issues with this DVD or if I'm the lucky one?

Thanks!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 04:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I didn't with this one, but had issues with the PHA2 DVD. Like you, I'd had the set forever before I did it, but customer service was kind enough to send me a new DVD and it worked just fine.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 04:27 PM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I didn't with this one, but had issues with the PHA2 DVD. Like you, I'd had the set forever before I did it, but customer service was kind enough to send me a new DVD and it worked just fine.

Carol
Good to know, Carol. Hopefully they'll do the same for me.

I did PHA2, and that one worked fine for me...odd!

Thanks,
Jez (also a Carol)

Old 01-04-20, 05:02 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JezthePuff2 View Post
So, I'm ashamed to admit that although I've had the LITE series since it came out, today was the first day I tried the Strong Body Stacked Sets: Upper Body DVD. While the DVD appears to be in perfect condition, when I hit play it goes directly to the shoulder segment (around the 18 minute mark). Trying to start the warm-up from the Chapters menu didn't help...it ended up going to the next DVD in my multi-disc player.

Finally, I tried "rewinding" it, and I was able to get to the warm-up and start the workout. All was well until the end when I realized that I did the warm-up, triceps, chest, shoulders, and stretch, but there was no back and biceps. Again, I went to the Chapters menu, but it wouldn't allow me to access the segment (just went to the next DVD).

I've contacted customer support, but just wondered if anyone else had similar issues with this DVD or if I'm the lucky one?

Thanks!
If I remember correctly, this was a problem many of us had. I complained and they begrudgingly sent me a new disc, though said it was probably my player, and indeed, I think that the replacement had the same issue. I think the work around is to go to the menu and pick some premix -- but I may not be remembering exactly right.
Old 01-04-20, 06:50 PM  
manleym

I’ve had trouble with the premixes on at least 2 of the dvds - the premix that’s repeats a segment. For example, the metabolic dvd has a premix where it repeats the standing portion before moving on to the floor portion. Most of the time the dvd will not repeat the standing section the 2nd time. The workout jumps to the floor portion. Same thing happened on a different dvd when I chose the premix repeating a section. I can rewind and get it to repeat the section but I have to remember to rewind. The regular workouts work fine. I don’t think I’ve had any trouble that I can remember. It’s the premixes that aren’t working correctly.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-20, 07:40 PM  
JezthePuff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
I’ve had trouble with the premixes on at least 2 of the dvds - the premix that’s repeats a segment. For example, the metabolic dvd has a premix where it repeats the standing portion before moving on to the floor portion. Most of the time the dvd will not repeat the standing section the 2nd time. The workout jumps to the floor portion. Same thing happened on a different dvd when I chose the premix repeating a section. I can rewind and get it to repeat the section but I have to remember to rewind. The regular workouts work fine. I don’t think I’ve had any trouble that I can remember. It’s the premixes that aren’t working correctly.
Hmm...I haven't tried any of the premixes. This was the original workout that I was having the issue with.

Old 01-04-20, 07:47 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I'll have to check out my LITE set. So far, I've only done one of the DVDs and that one was fine but it wasn't either of the ones mentioned here.

Tags
cathe lite, lite