Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-04-19, 08:45 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
Thanks Ebianco for the feedback and recommendations! It's good to know that I can just do however long and then stop - I just don't have 80 minutes to workout most days. I'm glad Bubbles mentioned upper body - I didn't even think of that. I just bought Linda's Mix and Match downloads, so thanks for that rec. Also like Leah's Ballet Body Upper Body. Seems like any high-rep/low weight barre-ish upper body workout would complement Tonique, correct? TIA!
Hi Manleym! Leah's upper body workout is amazing. That DVD is worth it just for her plank work series, but the high rep weights work is great too. It would complement Tonique workouts great!
Old 09-05-19, 08:18 AM  
bubbles76

So after careful consideration, reading other threads, poring over clips, and a private chat, I bought 6 of them. Yea . Hope I enjoy them and that they are kind to my knees. Stronger without pain is the goal!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 10:10 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
So after careful consideration, reading other threads, poring over clips, and a private chat, I bought 6 of them. Yea . Hope I enjoy them and that they are kind to my knees. Stronger without pain is the goal!
I bought 5 of them. And I blame you entirely!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 11:48 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Haha! It's great to be among friends
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 09-05-19, 11:50 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebianco View Post
Hi Manleym! Leah's upper body workout is amazing. That DVD is worth it just for her plank work series, but the high rep weights work is great too. It would complement Tonique workouts great!
Thanks for the feedback Ebianco! Do you happen to have Leah's Total Body? I'm thinking about getting it from Mary but have heard very mixed reviews.

Quote:
Ha! Ha! I have 4 or 5 in my cart!

Kittbug, I blame you for getting me on a Linda kick! I've been buying her downloads when they're on sale.

Tiaga and Bubbles just helped me buy Cathe's 4 Day Split and I'm so glad otherwise I would have missed a great deal.

I agree Bubbles - it is great to be among friends!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 11:57 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback Ebianco! Do you happen to have Leah's Total Body? I'm thinking about getting it from Mary but have heard very mixed reviews.

Ha! Ha! I have 4 or 5 in my cart!

Kittbug, I blame you for getting me on a Linda kick! I've been buying her downloads when they're on sale.

And Tiaga and Bubbles just helped me buy Cathe's 4 Day Split.

I agree Bubbles - it is great to be among friends!
Hah!! Happy to enable any time I can! By the way, totally recommend Leah's Total Body...it rocks!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 12:21 PM  
manleym

Quote:
Hah!! Happy to enable any time I can! By the way, totally recommend Leah's Total Body...it rocks!!
Thanks for the feedback kittybug! You've convinced me!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 01:02 PM  
Shortstuff
VF Supporter

I blame all of you! ;)

Because I bought 5 of them too! Can't pass up a deal so we'll all be in good company!
Shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-19, 01:52 PM  
bubbles76

I'm glad to know I didn't cave on my own lol!
Old 09-05-19, 08:10 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Hi Manleym! Yes, I really enjoy Leah's total body DVD and would definitely recommend it. This one is great when you are short on time and just do one of the 20 minute chapters, or you can tackle the whole 70 minute DVD. As individual chapters, they are not as hard as the focus workouts only because they are shorter (like the upper body DVD is 45 minutes compared to only 20 minutes on the total body DVD) but not from lack of intensity in the exercises. In fact, the total body DVD has a lot of similar exercises as the focus DVDs but just abbreviated. The upper body chapter for instance has about 10 minutes of plank and 10 minutes of standing with light weights compared to 25/20 or so with the focus DVD. There is fun music and I feel like she structures the workouts well, and she is just the best at form description.

To be honest I get more use out of the total body DVD for short days or add ons than her focus DVD series, for the versatility. Of course, I'm glad I have all four workouts LOL They all get good use.

Haha congratulations to everyone on their DVD purchases! The $4.99 deal just cannot be beat!!

Tags
everything tonique, sylwia wiesenberg, tonique, tonique reviews