Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-19, 04:25 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
How does Karen Voight's Full Body Stretch compare to her other stretching DVDs (Stretch & Core Conditioning and Slim Physique's yoga stretch segment)? Trying to decide...
I love this one. I think it has 2 segments... regular stretch and dynamic stretch. I use the regular stretch a lot. I also love her Slim Physique. Some how I didn't click with her Stretch & Core Conditioning.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-19, 10:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I just got Full Body Stretch and have only done the first 15 minute Warm-up Stretch. Beautiful scenery/setting and music is nice. There seems to be a core focus but it's very gentle. The main workout (Slow Stretch) is 25 minutes which covers upper (neck, shoulders) and lower (hips, legs.)

Stretch and Core Conditioning is broken down further into shorter specific body part focuses. It targets hips/butt, core, upper and lower body. Filmed with pines in the distant surround and Karen is up on a platform, instead of the grassy plains of Montana (FBS.) Props are used block/strap here as well as the workout DVD above. Each segment is ~11-13 minutes here.

In Slim Physique the Yoga on Sunday is relaxing and gentle, while a couple of the other days she focuses on strengthening/conditioning type yoga. She also uses segments in this DVD from previous released workouts Burn and Firm. The segments are ~25-30 minutes and filmed indoors.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-19, 11:52 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
I wasn't going to order anything (in fact, I planned to drastically downsize this weekend) until Karen reminded me of these. I ordered all four phases of knee and back too. Thanks for enabling, Karen!
Happy to enable!

I ended up getting these Friday so I did the first knee one this morning. Overall, I liked it. I listened to a few of the learn sections. He gave really good pointers but I decided to just jump in and "do the phase". The exercises were good ones and took about 20 minutes. This phase is definitely beginner but that's what it's supposed to be. It goes fairly slowly but not too bad. One thing I didn't like was that he said something like " OK, we'll move on to the next exercise now" after every single exercise! Ugh. But I think I'll be glad I got them.

Funny - after I received these I realized I didn't use the 10off coupon! But I decided I was obviously OK with it. Mary is so nice, she'd probably give me a refund but I'm going to just let it go.

"Comfort zones are very often expanded by discomfort." - Mimi Solaire
Karen Beckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-19, 03:32 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Beckwith View Post
Happy to enable!

I ended up getting these Friday so I did the first knee one this morning. Overall, I liked it. I listened to a few of the learn sections. He gave really good pointers but I decided to just jump in and "do the phase". The exercises were good ones and took about 20 minutes. This phase is definitely beginner but that's what it's supposed to be. It goes fairly slowly but not too bad. One thing I didn't like was that he said something like " OK, we'll move on to the next exercise now" after every single exercise! Ugh. But I think I'll be glad I got them....
I got mine yesterday and previewed all the learning sections for Low Back, then did Phase 1 this morning. I had already done Viniyoga Therapy for Low Back (and the exercises are very similar), so my back felt pretty good when I was done. The instructor says "good, good, good" a lot in this one. I liked the countdown timer and the clear instructions. Planning on doing this again tomorrow and maybe adding on some additional lower body exercises.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-19, 09:10 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
I got mine yesterday and previewed all the learning sections for Low Back, then did Phase 1 this morning. I had already done Viniyoga Therapy for Low Back (and the exercises are very similar), so my back felt pretty good when I was done. The instructor says "good, good, good" a lot in this one. I liked the countdown timer and the clear instructions. Planning on doing this again tomorrow and maybe adding on some additional lower body exercises.
Oh rats - I just wrote a long answer to this and it disappeared! Sigh. I'll try to recreate it.

Joan - Thanks for your review of this! This morning I did Knees 2 and Low Back 1. I realized that the two programs are very similar to each other. Joan - did you get both programs? It seems odd to me to have similar exercises for Knees and Low Back.

I'll continue to do these and see what happens as I progress.

Old 04-29-19, 08:15 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Karen, yes, I did get both programs but haven't looked at Knees yet. Hmm, including similar exercises does seem a bit odd.

Tonight I'm planning on doing Low Back 1 again and combining it with one of Leslie's Fit Cuff segments to hit some of the other LB muscles. I have to say, my lower back is already feeling better than it has in weeks.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
Old 04-29-19, 12:33 PM  
Malia

I bought a book (Pain Free) that was recommended on this forum that was done by a physical therapist. I bought it because of a bad low back and bad knees and the exercises for knees and back were often the same because tight hips were the culprit for both knee and back problems.
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-19, 02:12 PM  
Karen Beckwith
VF Supporter

Quote:
Karen, yes, I did get both programs but haven't looked at Knees yet. Hmm, including similar exercises does seem a bit odd.

Tonight I'm planning on doing Low Back 1 again and combining it with one of Leslie's Fit Cuff segments to hit some of the other LB muscles. I have to say, my lower back is already feeling better than it has in weeks.
I'm so glad you are feeling better with these! I did Low Back 2 this morning. I like these; just not sure if they're helping. Must be patient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malia View Post
I bought a book (Pain Free) that was recommended on this forum that was done by a physical therapist. I bought it because of a bad low back and bad knees and the exercises for knees and back were often the same because tight hips were the culprit for both knee and back problems.
Thanks, Malia! Who is the author of that book? That does make sense about tight Hips.

Old 04-29-19, 03:38 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malia View Post
That makes sense. Guess it's all connected, eh? I've had physical therapy for a hamstring injury and PF, and both times, the therapist said my injuries could be related to tight hip flexors and calves.

Old 04-29-19, 04:40 PM  
Malia

It's by Peter Egoscue - https://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Rev...s%2C146&sr=8-1
Malia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feeling pretty remarkable, mary's sale