Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-07-19, 11:04 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I LOVE LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower! I've done it several times and think it's a near perfect lower body workout. There are (5) exercises, repeat...(5) different exercises, repeat. There's also a premix where you can do all (10) exercises, then repeat if you would rather do it that way.

The pace is slow enough that you can go heavier than what Cathe is using to make it harder (or you can go lighter as well).
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-19, 11:50 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
I LOVE LITE Strong Body Stacked Sets: Lower! I've done it several times and think it's a near perfect lower body workout. There are (5) exercises, repeat...(5) different exercises, repeat. There's also a premix where you can do all (10) exercises, then repeat if you would rather do it that way.

The pace is slow enough that you can go heavier than what Cathe is using to make it harder (or you can go lighter as well).
Thank you for this. I haven't tried LITE Lower Body yet. It's on my schedule for later this week.

I have some serious DOMS today after yesterday's ICE workout and I didn't even use weights! During Cathe's Daily Deals last week, I bought Lean Legs and Abs DVD. It's out for delivery now!
Old 10-07-19, 03:19 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

I did Pyramid Pump Lower Body today. It was my intention to do the total body workout since I have the day off and I'm well rested. Nope. Finished the lower body and decided that was enough. My weight selection was heavier than what Cathe and crew use. Hoo boy, the sweat was running! Twice I've started Pyramid Pump with the intention of completing the entire workout, and twice I've stopped after the lower body. I think it's time to concede that it's too much, for me, as a total body workout.

I haven't tried the stacked sets workouts, but it sounds like I need to.
Old 10-07-19, 05:07 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
I did Pyramid Pump Lower Body today.
Is this the optional bonus DVD with the LITE set? I got it and it's another one I haven't tried yet. I see it's 84 minutes long and there is no way I'm doing the whole thing at one go. I'll definitely will break it up between UB and LB. Tomorrow, I have the Stacked Upper Body on my schedule. After Kathy G's comments, I'm looking forward to it.
Old 10-07-19, 05:22 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Is this the optional bonus DVD with the LITE set? I got it and it's another one I haven't tried yet. I see it's 84 minutes long and there is no way I'm doing the whole thing at one go. I'll definitely will break it up between UB and LB. Tomorrow, I have the Stacked Upper Body on my schedule. After Kathy G's comments, I'm looking forward to it.
Yes, it's the bonus DVD. I'm not sure why I thought I could handle the whole thing. It's very metabolic. One set after the other. Not much more than a short pause between sets. The sweat wasn't dripping, it was more like streaming.
It felt good, but I was glad when it was over.
Old 10-08-19, 07:18 AM  
tiletha444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post

This!

SBSS Lower is my absolute FAVORITE lower body workout! It is short, yet as Kathy mentioned, it is slow enough where I can go heavier.

I had no idea there was a '(10) exercise then repeat' premix. I am definitely going to try it!
tiletha444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-19, 11:07 AM  
annette
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crescent Moon View Post
Yes, it's the bonus DVD. I'm not sure why I thought I could handle the whole thing. It's very metabolic. One set after the other. Not much more than a short pause between sets. The sweat wasn't dripping, it was more like streaming.
It felt good, but I was glad when it was over.
The only way I can do upper and lower body together is to do one of the premixes, usually pyramid up. It's enough for me. Doing the entire pyramid is way too long and feels a bit like overkill. That's just me though! I do the original Pyramid workout from the Intensity series the same way.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe lite, cathe lite reviews, cathe lite rotation, lite reviews, music off option, push up free workout, resistance bands