Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-30-13, 10:05 AM  
blablubb

Good to see some enabeling going on, he sure earns it.

By the way, his workouts are all intervall circuits, which is the thing I love most. I can do everything for ... (fill in a time), but I always struggle if I hear: "14, 15 and 16", I hate counting workouts. What should I say, I'm a Gymboss girl.
blablubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 03:36 PM  
buffmama

I know this set is considered metabolic conditioning and has circuits but does it lean towards being either more cardio or more strength?
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 03:56 PM  
Darisa

This is one of my favorite sets. I'm glad there is more BJ love going around.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-13, 04:02 PM  
Edie

Is there a set rotation for the set? And where can I find it?
And are you combining it with additional strength training either low weight high reps or heavy weights?

Thank you!
Edie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-13, 03:53 PM  
blablubb

I did every workout 4 times, so 12 of Phase 01, than moved to Phase 02, did those 12 etc. This way I can choose when to make what (usually 3-4 workouts of the Phases and additional HEAT, sub cardio or recreational/stretch/rest stuff in one week).

I'm easily overtrained by those fancy rotations and shy away from them.

I didn't do additional strengths training, I really tried to push myself in the SpeedShred stuff, eventually by adding loads - strengths would have been too much for me in addition.
blablubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 06:34 PM  
s2546

i have the same question as buffmama- is this more strength or more cardio - body weight oriented?

i have rushfit- does anyone know how this differs?

i'll probably buy it anyway because i can't stop myself but it's nice to know!!

thanks,
sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 09:00 PM  
lorajc

Does anyone have both the first Delta fit speed shred as well as the new one?.......82 day one....if so is it worth having both?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 09:10 PM  
DeanneW3

What!?!?! There are two different sets? I have the first one, but would be interested if there were a second one. Please do tell!
DeanneW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 03:22 AM  
Edie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablubb View Post
I did every workout 4 times, so 12 of Phase 01, than moved to Phase 02, did those 12 etc. This way I can choose when to make what (usually 3-4 workouts of the Phases and additional HEAT, sub cardio or recreational/stretch/rest stuff in one week).

I'm easily overtrained by those fancy rotations and shy away from them.

I didn't do additional strengths training, I really tried to push myself in the SpeedShred stuff, eventually by adding loads - strengths would have been too much for me in addition.
Thanks, blablubb! I did the first two workouts. After the first one, I added some arm work. Today I did my second workout - Strength? I surprised myself when I was able to use 20 lb. dumbbells for the deadlift, row and bicep curl exercise. BJ is a hoot! He is so funny and the time flies!
Edie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 04:27 AM  
wellnesswife

Quote:
Originally Posted by blablubb View Post
I did SpeedShred until January and had so much fun, the workouts were short and functional with sometimes high weights and the results are clearly phenomenal! I really got more of an athletic look, my overall strength improved, I obvisously lost a lot of body fat, I got rid of my back pain completely, I even slimmed down at my thighs (which is my stubborn fat store for bad times). Even my hubby agrees. I'd also recommend SpeedShreds HEAT workouts, because they incorporate, what I like to do for recreation: Foundation training, kickboxing, stretching and foam rolling.

Since I finished the rotation a few weeks ago I've tried to get back in the casual workout vibe, doing, what comes to mind first, switching styles, doing a ZWOW here, some weights in between, some cardio there, etc.

But it doesn't work! I tried NROLA to get serious, but it's so slow. Today I surrendered and did BJs Boot Camp workout. Boy, that was fun!

I simply cannot stand boring or slow workouts any longer; yesterday I tried Xtrain Super Cuts and was super annoyed about the uninspirational tempo and presentation, the constant fishing for new equipment made me nearly cry out loud for fun (or help?).
When I even think of a lot of my DVDs I get bored. There are only a couple of other trainers, who I'd consider working out with right now (Tracie Long, Kelly Coffey-Mayer and Ilaria come to mind), but even they cannot produce the amount of energy and fun I get through SpeedShred.

Thanks BJ! Nicely done, now I'm fixated on you.
Thanks for sharing about this set! If you are looking for something else...Body Beast or Rushfit? Or ESP360 streaming?
wellnesswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bj gaddour, delta fit, deltafit speedshred