Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-17-13, 02:28 PM  
mabyrd1

Okay I am thinking of buying this but I need to some imput from all my VF friends, please (120 is alot for a system since I have so many). Just to tell you a little about me, I would like to lose 10/15 pounds, my main trouble area is waist. I like Turbo Fire, The firm, Cathe step mostly, Christi Taylor type workouts-I may do a Ellen B for a active rest day. I saw there are mountain climbers type which I do not usually care for so this is way I having holding off. So should I buy or not this is the question-any input would be great!Thanks in advance, I ALWAYS trust your opinions here!!!

Jeannie
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-13, 02:28 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
Never thought about doing standing ab stuff in between!
I'll have to try this soon--I'm having too much fun with YouTube wos
Thanks, Debbie!

Sounds like your PF healed? That's good!
You're welcome!

Another alternative would have been kettlebell swings if you're into kettlebells, but since you want to lift heavy, I think it would be tough to do swings during the cardio blast segments. You want to rest your arms as much as possible.

Darisa, I'm glad you're back on track.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-13, 08:13 PM  
mabyrd1

Anybody???
mabyrd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 04:37 AM  
bearcatfan

All this JNL talk made me realize it's time to switch things up, and I have it here.

I did Shoulder Shredder this morning. Instead of the cardio moves she had, I hopped on my Airdyne bike (which is wicked hard for me, for some reason) because I am nursing a PF flare. I went full-out on the bike during the 30 second cardio intervals. I would think anyone who doesn't like a particular cardio move could sub whatever they felt like - rebounder, running in place, etc. Kettlebell swings are another nice option I will try in the future.

I liked it! I used 5 lbs. for shoulders and and triceps (with 8 lbs. for french press) but you can use whatever you want, because it's 30 seconds and not counted reps. I was sweating! I don't think there is anything magic about this series ... if you had the list of exercises (I'm pretty sure they are floating around here somewhere) you could do it on your own with your own cardio blasts. But I prefer a dvd to keep me honest.

I didn't think she was any more annoying that Jillian can be (I just finished JMBR), and honestly I could tune her out pretty easily. The benefit of the Airdyne is that it made so much noise I got a 30 second break during the cardio intervals. But again, she was fine - I find it much easier to tune instructors out during hard workouts with good music, and I personally felt the rock-type, driving music was pretty good. Would I feel that way after 90 days? Probably not. I'm going to follow the rotation for a couple weeks, at least.
Old 03-18-13, 05:19 AM  
kitty12

I did follow the rotation last year and for most of the first two weeks I just did the moves as low impact. I found for almost all of the cardio moves I could do them without jumping and still make it cardio. After that I did follow along with her.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 06:40 AM  
isebelleg44

Why did I open this thread? I was able to resist this in the past, but efficient workouts are really appealing to me right now. Are there clips of these workouts anywhere? TIA!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 06:49 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
Why did I open this thread? I was able to resist this in the past, but efficient workouts are really appealing to me right now. Are there clips of these workouts anywhere? TIA!
Exactly. This was never on my radar before, but 30 minute workouts you say??

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 07:21 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabyrd1 View Post
Okay I am thinking of buying this but I need to some imput from all my VF friends, please (120 is alot for a system since I have so many). Just to tell you a little about me, I would like to lose 10/15 pounds, my main trouble area is waist. I like Turbo Fire, The firm, Cathe step mostly, Christi Taylor type workouts-I may do a Ellen B for a active rest day. I saw there are mountain climbers type which I do not usually care for so this is way I having holding off. So should I buy or not this is the question-any input would be great!Thanks in advance, I ALWAYS trust your opinions here!!!

Jeannie
I think there is enough input and feedback both positive and negative from JNL Fusion in order for VFers to make a purchase decision. There are treads that goes back to last year when the system became available. The Fusionistas check-in is a result of the original JNL Fusion and Beyond check-in from us who completed the rotation. We started back in April 2012. You can check them out to find more information.

I don't believe someone would tell you buy or not buy. I think is a great system and works for ME, but you have to make your own choice

Someone tagged "JENNIFER NICOLE SMITH". I added JENNIFER NICOLE LEE so VFers are able to find these tread.
Old 03-18-13, 07:40 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I think there is enough input and feedback both positive and negative from JNL Fusion in order for VFers to make a purchase decision. There are treads that goes back to last year when the system became available. The Fusionistas check-in is a result of the original JNL Fusion and Beyond check-in from us who completed the rotation. We started back in April 2012. You can check them out to find more information.

I don't believe someone would tell you buy or not buy. I think is a great system and works for ME, but you have to make your own choice

Someone tagged "JENNIFER NICOLE SMITH". I added JENNIFER NICOLE LEE so VFers are able to find these tread.

Thank you! Off to research!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 08:37 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
All this JNL talk made me realize it's time to switch things up, and I have it here.

I did Shoulder Shredder this morning. Instead of the cardio moves she had, I hopped on my Airdyne bike (which is wicked hard for me, for some reason) because I am nursing a PF flare. I went full-out on the bike during the 30 second cardio intervals. I would think anyone who doesn't like a particular cardio move could sub whatever they felt like - rebounder, running in place, etc. Kettlebell swings are another nice option I will try in the future.

I liked it! I used 5 lbs. for shoulders and and triceps (with 8 lbs. for french press) but you can use whatever you want, because it's 30 seconds and not counted reps. I was sweating! I don't think there is anything magic about this series ... if you had the list of exercises (I'm pretty sure they are floating around here somewhere) you could do it on your own with your own cardio blasts. But I prefer a dvd to keep me honest.

I didn't think she was any more annoying that Jillian can be (I just finished JMBR), and honestly I could tune her out pretty easily. The benefit of the Airdyne is that it made so much noise I got a 30 second break during the cardio intervals. But again, she was fine - I find it much easier to tune instructors out during hard workouts with good music, and I personally felt the rock-type, driving music was pretty good. Would I feel that way after 90 days? Probably not. I'm going to follow the rotation for a couple weeks, at least.
Yes, I already took the time to do a search a couple of days ago and posted it up thread:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=178806

I actually did it via paper until I broke down and ordered the set. You can easily do it on your own.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jennifer nicole lee, jennifer nicole smith, jnl, jnl fusion, momentum