Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-11, 10:23 AM  
shelleyann

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortie View Post
I can't believe nobody's mentioned some of the CLX exercisers -- first, you've gotta mentioned whatsername, the one Chalene mentions is 60 years old every workout? Blanking on the name, but she keeps on adding in "helpful" comments and trying to run the workout, till you want to scream "Take away her mic, for pete's sake!" at the screen. OK, to be honest, I actually did that.

Second is Skippy in the back, who makes these facial expressions like he's lifting 650 pounds -- trying to help Chalene out by making sure we know he's lifting heavy, but overacting a tad!
Donna...and she is like that in real life. She was Chalene's first aerobics director (has been for many, many years) and is kind of a control freak, nice, but "in charge". It must be tough for her to have her student lead.
shelleyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 10:44 AM  
mtnmom

I had to look at the preview for the Bob Harper workout Kathryn mentioned. At Collage, you hardly see her and she doesn't look bothersome.

Then I looked at the preview totalfitness has. Holy Moly! She just gets worse and worse, doesn't she!
Old 01-04-11, 10:52 AM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Aw, I like Theresa Tan . But the chicks in the front in Turbo Jam Kick, Punch, Jam make my skin crawl LOL!
I was just about to nominate some of the Turbo Jam crew.

Hopefully they're too busy fighting to keep up in TF to mug for the camera.
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 10:53 AM  
brownie123

This is hilarious! I might have to buy Bob's video just to see!
brownie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:00 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodone View Post
I agree that the one girl in Bob Harper's workout is awful, but the OTHER girl in that workout is so awesome, she almost cancels the right-side girl out.
I agree: I wish they'd put her on the right side and given her more screen time (this is one time I wish the modifier were far, far in the back and hard to see!)

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:02 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
Unfortunatley, she's on the right side of the screen, which happens to be where I tend to look more (am I 'right eyed"?). Definitely will have to find a way to tune her out.
In Western culture the eye has a tendency to travel from left to right. That's the way we read. The way we look at a picture. So yes, we end up on the right, generally.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:05 AM  
Kathryn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnmom View Post
I had to look at the preview for the Bob Harper workout Kathryn mentioned. At Collage, you hardly see her and she doesn't look bothersome.

Then I looked at the preview totalfitness has. Holy Moly! She just gets worse and worse, doesn't she!
For those who haven't seen her yet (and who for that reason think someone else is more annying...which is pretty impossible, LOL!): http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Bob-...tren-p/257.htm (though these aren't her worst moments, except the very end is close).

2010 season speed-walking 5K PR: 35:47
2011 season race-walking 5K PR: 34:42
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:07 AM  
aunatural

Lol. ITA! I was just going to post this. She is in the first row behind Keli in the Fitprime Lean workout and every single time I do this workout, I want to throw something at her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej View Post
And the prize goes to.... Tamela Hastie for her over-the-top performance as "featured" cast member in WHFN productions!!

Of particular note, the incongruity of her babydoll pouts, sex-kitten glances, and cutesy over-the-top expressions of exertion juxtaposed with all her crows feet!

Though the level of the workout will bring you nowhere near nausea, Ms. Hastie's performance may just induce vomitting. Let's put our hands together for Ms. Tamela Hastie!!

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:15 AM  
Peggy T
VF Supporter

It's gotta be Nostril Boy in Get Hard: Arms and Glutes. He lifts way too heavy and has an exaggerated inhale/exhale. If you see him in fast forward he looks like a bellows. Also, the guy with the goofy grin (Kevin?) in some of Debbie Siebers' workouts.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.
-Will Rogers
Peggy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-11, 11:17 AM  
jennstar

Oh, I have several people who annoy me to no end.

The ladies in Turbo Jam, particularly Mindy. I remember not doing the workouts for a few months because of her camera mugging.

Skip from CLX. My husband and I did the program together and everytime Skip would groan or yell we would bust out laughing. Haven't looked at the workouts since, and that was two years ago.

The Asian woman from the step workouts on the Fantastic Four dvd. Is that Theresa Tan? I remember working out and thinking, "is she serious?"

KCM's backgrounder on the left, not sure of her name. She looks like she is NOT having a good time, like she would like to be anywhere but where she is. She's not bad enough to not do the workouts, but I try not to look at her.

When I preview workouts, I can usually find something or someone annoying, but once I start working out I don't notice, but these few really got to me!
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background exercisers, old thread alert