Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-21-19, 02:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
She is on Facebook frequently with pictures of her adorable kids.

I miss a lot of old regulars also.
I miss Kath & enjoy her FB posts & pictures. Her boys are so cute!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 01:28 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Thanks, Sue, for reviving this fun thread! I like reading the predictions from 10 years ago, many of which seem to apply now.

I think that the future of fitness will be related to using apps, since it seems like everything is headed in that direction. Devices and equipment will be connected to apps, which will provide fitness workouts, motivation and feedback.

I don't think Cathe will stop producing DVD's soon, so long as her customers still want to buy them. However, if the costs to produce DVD's become too high, she might go with streaming only. Just my guess.

That said, I am a fierce fighter for privacy, and try to be as disconnected as possible. I prefer using exercise DVD's because no one (besides me) is tracking what I am doing, where I am, how fast my heart is beating, etc..

I hope to be back on this thread in 10 more years!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 12:16 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBoop View Post
Thanks, Sue, for reviving this fun thread! I like reading the predictions from 10 years ago, many of which seem to apply now.

I think that the future of fitness will be related to using apps, since it seems like everything is headed in that direction. Devices and equipment will be connected to apps, which will provide fitness workouts, motivation and feedback.

I don't think Cathe will stop producing DVD's soon, so long as her customers still want to buy them. However, if the costs to produce DVD's become too high, she might go with streaming only. Just my guess.

That said, I am a fierce fighter for privacy, and try to be as disconnected as possible. I prefer using exercise DVD's because no one (besides me) is tracking what I am doing, where I am, how fast my heart is beating, etc..

I hope to be back on this thread in 10 more years!
It's interesting that no one really mentioned apps or wearable gadgets like Fitbits 10 years ago. The first iPhones were in 2007, but in 2009 most of us probably didn't have a smartphone. Fitbits were introduced right around that time, and there were other wearables like heart rate monitors and pedometers, but they didnt have an internet connection. And I guess social media "influencers" were not yet a thing.

If you think about it a lot has changed in the past decade! Makes me worried what is coming in 2029 that is inconceivable now

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-19, 01:36 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janga View Post
I think the direction will be led by the Baby Boomers who will embrace a return to basics and extreme intensity that will (IMO) increase their longevity and make them feel younger and more vital. Plus there is a greater need in the future for Baby Boomers to age while remaining productive in wage earning and an active life beyond just having fun with exercise, so they will seek to get and stay strong physically.

I think the wimpier (my opinion, not disparaging anything, just a generic word) types of workouts that tend to be popular because they are more fun than traditional weight work will fall by the wayside as new generations become more mature and seek the real deal in physical fitness.

Leslie will retire rich.
Coming from my Essentrics viewpoint and the other various programs out there that cater to an older demographic, this made me chuckle.

I do think Leslie is rich.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-19, 01:03 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post

I do think Leslie is rich.
This made me curious and I finally remembered to see if I could find her net worth (I know listings of net worth on the internet can be quite wrong, but I was curious about what I'd find). I found an article that's probably been posted here, since it references this forum! and people some of us know, I'm sure. Fun to read it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/15/f...15fitness.html

and note that the article states that Leslie's company claimed its worth to be $200 million. It seems Leslie is probably doing alright no matter what happens with the trends.
Old 01-02-20, 04:09 PM  
jessicavi

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I’d love to see something like that, a sort of fitness Netflix with lots of variety.
I’d say we’re already there with the plethora of instructors and workout genres on YT. All you have to do is build your own playlists of free workouts. Check out my playlists for example (and I never have to repeat workouts. I just delete the workouts I’ve done and add new ones as they are posted based on my subscriptions, which are 100’s. Been doing this for at least 4-5 years now):

Low Impact
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2c_ygh2OGN9BmO

Kettlebell
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...7ooAmnrbfsIAC-

Kickboxing
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...wKe11mJ0LUcGCS

Recovery/Yoga
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...islB1qnvRGG386

I know some instructors like Mike Donavanik and Anja Garcia have gone on to paid subscription streaming services and are no longer posting free content on YT. And now YT has its own paid subscription to compete with cable. So they’re already starting to encroach on the free stuff. It’s also gotten harder for people to monetize on YT. So I guess we should enjoy the free stuff for however long it lasts on YT.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness predictions, fitness trends, old thread alert