Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-05, 09:18 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ooty, I've been wondering about the Yin Yang workout--is it really cardio?

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 09:27 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyra
Does this compare well to the Classical Stretch w/o called Athlete's Intense Stretch? That is my favorite non-yoga stretching workout. It is kind of uncomfortable stretching in places, but uncomfortable because you need, but don't get the stretches that often. (Good upper body section, goes way beyond the standard delt/tri stretch, for instance.) This particular CS workout is not "toning," just stretching.

I am not looking for anything that smells like Kari's ALC/ALCII, which is what the description (yoga/pilates/stretching) reminds me of.

Kyra, I am a huge fan of CS Athletes Intense Stretch and I find that Dynamic Stretch is not as good. DS has more flowing moves (including lots of side bends, standing and sitting) and fewer static stretches. While it is pleasant, it does not leave me as stretched out as AIS does. I still use the standing portion of DS as a warmup for my morning pilates or Lotte Berk-type workouts and I sometimes use the floor section after a cardio workout. Would I buy it again though? I doubt it.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-05, 05:47 PM  
Kyra

Thanks, Fuzzie. That is about what I have suspected about DS, so I'll continue to pass on it. Rats. Why is it so dang hard to find a good, challenging athletic stretch workout, like AIS???

Pat58 - Thank you! I loved that qoute, too (obviously). Just makes the point, eh?

Certified Bulletproof Athlete
Kyra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brand new butt, janis saffell