Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-21-04, 11:43 AM  
JezthePuff2

Brand New Butt + Pilates

Does anyone have this workout? Thoughts?

I have Janis' Brand New Butt & More, and I've only done it once. I did think it was a great workout and keep meaning to do it again....is Brand New Butt + Pilates the same thing except with Pilates at the end, or is it completely different? I'm hoping it's different so I can justify buying it!

The only thing I couldn't understand with Brand New Butt and More was the plyo-type exercises with ankle weights....what was that?! I know my bod wouldn't be happy doing that!

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-04, 12:32 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I have BNB&M and BNB&P and love them both. The first section of BNB&P (about 20 minutes) is standing work done with no weight, hand weights and/or resistance bands. There is one plyo move done without ankle weights - it is a plyo plie (similar to what Cathe does in L&G). This section has the same feel as BNB&M but the moves are different and the resistance bands adds another dimension. The second section is floorwork. It is a pilates-inspired routine performed with the resistance band. I am not a big fan of pilates, but I really like this one. It is really unique and pretty challenging. The workout ends with a wonderful stretch. Make sure you get the DVD because it also has a fun, dancy 25-minute step bonus
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-04, 01:19 PM  
ardnas

I do not have BNB&M, so I can't compare the two, but I do have BNB&P and like it alot! If you do get it, make sure you order it from www.fitness1st.com -they are cheapest (cheaper than Janis' site or Collage, & they have fast UPS shipping-I ordered mine on Thursday and received it on Monday!) and their DVD comes with the 5.5" dynaband (where as the DVD from Collage does NOT come with a dynaband!)!
ardnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-04, 01:52 PM  
pammy
VF Supporter

The DVD of BNB+P I got from Collage came with a band - I wonder if they ran out of bands?
pammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-04, 01:34 PM  
ardnas

Quote:
Originally Posted by pammy
The DVD of BNB+P I got from Collage came with a band - I wonder if they ran out of bands?
When this DVD first came out Collage said that only the vhs would come with the band-I wonder if they changed that? Either way Fitness First is cheaper by about $10!
ardnas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-04, 03:58 PM  
chrisjeffnick

How does the floorwork in BNB&P compare to great, hard floorwork in say Firm Vol. 1, KV's Great Weighted Workout, Cathe's floorwork in Legs and Glutes...?

Also, how is the band? does it really add intensity?

I think Collage sells it wil the band in both vhs and dvd, but you're right its $10 more that Fitness1st for some reason.

Thanks, Chris
chrisjeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-04, 05:45 PM  
JezthePuff2

Thanks for the info on where to get it cheap! I'll know where to buy it when I need my next video purchase fix! (I'm coming off a video buying binge!)

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-04, 05:57 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisjeffnick
How does the floorwork in BNB&P compare to great, hard floorwork in say Firm Vol. 1, KV's Great Weighted Workout, Cathe's floorwork in Legs and Glutes...?
Also, how is the band? does it really add intensity?
I would say that the floorwork is different from Firm vol.1 and GWW because these workouts are high-high reps whereas BNB&P has several moves and variations but fewer reps. So I would say it is a great complement to these workouts, not a substitute. Once I got used to the band, I felt it added intensity but I was a little frustrated initially since it always slipped off my feet.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-04, 10:27 PM  
txkimmers
VF Supporter

I have both

& More is one of my all time favorite tapes; every night I say a little prayer for it to get released on DVD.

w/Pilates I am not so nuts about. That band drives me insane, truth to tell. And all my efforts to get enjoy Pilates have met with utter failure. The step portion is great though, love love love that.
txkimmers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brand new butt, janis saffell