Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-15-20, 01:23 PM  
OSusanna

Light weight high rep frequency

I read posts every day and post every so often, usually about T-Tapp or Margaret Richards when those topics come up. Anyway, I’m back with Margaret again doing full body workouts 3 days a week, experiencing no debilitating DOMS.

For light weight high rep workouts, do you think I can do them on subsequent days without a rest day? I’m hoping to add in another day, perhaps do Monday and Tuesday with Margaret, cardio on Wednesday and then Thursday and Friday with Margaret. What might be the benefits/detriments to this plan?

I’m hoping to get in more cardio over time.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 02:00 PM  
DD546

I'm a Margaret devotee, and I do her workouts on consecutive days but work different muscles. Her workouts are or can be broken up so you don't work the same muscles 2 days in a row. That said, when Margaret was on PBS, I worked out with her every weekday morning, and quite often I would work the same muscles.on consecutive days. I never noticed any ill effects, but I was 25 years younger.
DD546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 01:59 PM  
OSusanna

Thank you for your response. I am especially interested in hearing that you were able to do same body part two days in a row. Perhaps I will experiment.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 02:06 PM  
fanofladyvols

I'm so wary of my knee and shoulder I just won't do it. So I will do a high rep low weight workout back to back but only if it's upper one day and lower the next.

Maybe some people can depending on how their body works or doing really low weight? I just can't stay healthy working the same body part back to back.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
high rep, high rep low weight, high rep/low weight, high reps, light weights, light-weight/high-rep, margaret richard