Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-17, 01:06 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I've D2S, CLX, EBE2, H&C and Body Beast. I did D2S a while back and I liked it. I might start with CLX, it looks fun, short and I've never done it before, I also thought it would be a good re-starting point. What would be the best to do next? I was also thinking on getting Cathe's XTrain, do you think that would be a good one for strength gains?

Any feedback, thoughts and/or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I would try Body Beast after 6 months to get the best.

Since you prefer DVDs

CLX (I'm not familiar with this program) if I recall use combination moves and I don't like that. It's just my personal preference.

S&H
1 BP per day
30 mins cardio each day

3 total body per week
Muscle Endurance
STS Total Body
Rotate both for 4 weeks
Cardio T-T
Cardio S optional if loooking to lower BF

LB/UB
Pyramid UB
Pyramid LB
Cardio
CX Upper Body
CX Leaner Legs x2
Cardio - optional

SLO-MO M-W-F
Cardio T-T

EBX2

Body Beast

Just throwing random stuff LOL
Does that mean doing CLX, then another program and then Body Beast? Just making sure I got it right.

CLX uses combination moves the first phase, but the second phase has isolation exercises, so we're supposed to be able to lift heavier during that phase, last 30 days has some combination moves with balance emphasis I think, to target the core, I previewed a bit, looks quite interesting.

What is Cardio T-T? And thanks for the different rotation ideas! Very helpful and very appreciated.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-17, 08:26 AM  
Sharaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
Does that mean doing CLX, then another program and then Body Beast? Just making sure I got it right.

CLX uses combination moves the first phase, but the second phase has isolation exercises, so we're supposed to be able to lift heavier during that phase, last 30 days has some combination moves with balance emphasis I think, to target the core, I previewed a bit, looks quite interesting.

What is Cardio T-T? And thanks for the different rotation ideas! Very helpful and very appreciated.
ETA cause I'm on my phone and missed a previous post.

Yes. CLX then following other rotations as described. Once your BF is on point BB. I think CLX is a good one to start because is 90 days and you like rotations. Probably you are going to get hooked lifting and setting more goals as you go.

The thing with Cathe new workouts is that I feel are more endurance/metabolic compared to her original workouts. Also, she is using combination moves. I prefer working each body part alone. I need to research more the new series. I think there are 2 TB workouts that interest me.

Crossfit was nice. Nothing new for me. I like the equipment. They have a bunch of toys. I count it as cardio/circuit training/endurance. I have another group on at another box. Depending on my rotations, I'll use it. Not something I'll do exclusively.

Cardio
T - Tuesday
T - Thursday

Not sure if something else is used lol
Old 09-03-17, 02:15 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
ETA cause I'm on my phone and missed a previous post.

Yes. CLX then following other rotations as described. Once your BF is on point BB. I think CLX is a good one to start because is 90 days and you like rotations. Probably you are going to get hooked lifting and setting more goals as you go.

The thing with Cathe new workouts is that I feel are more endurance/metabolic compared to her original workouts. Also, she is using combination moves. I prefer working each body part alone. I need to research more the new series. I think there are 2 TB workouts that interest me.

Crossfit was nice. Nothing new for me. I like the equipment. They have a bunch of toys. I count it as cardio/circuit training/endurance. I have another group on at another box. Depending on my rotations, I'll use it. Not something I'll do exclusively.

Cardio
T - Tuesday
T - Thursday

Not sure if something else is used lol
Thanks for replying back Sharaz!

About Cathe new series, maybe you are interested in the TB Push/Pull workouts? I'm interested on them the most, and wish there were two or three of each, instead of so many cardio, as I don't have any set that use that kind of splits.

Ohh... lol I thought "Cardio S" meant Steady and then I thought T-T was another kind of cardio I didn't know about! Thanks for clarifying!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4 system, paul katami, strength building, strength gains, strength training