Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-16, 05:37 PM  
jazzy75

Ever just do the CLX LEAN PHASE?

Just finishing up Hammer & Chisel and looking for something else. I feel the constant/repetitive/daily strength training with H&C with minimal cardio isn't for me - and possibly making me hold on to a few pounds

Someone suggested the CLX LEAN Phase. It's been years since I've done CLX but I recall liking it. I don't feel like committing to a single program for several months at the moment so soon after a 60-day rotation (like any good vidiot - I am missing my other DVDs!). But 4 weeks of Chalean and just the LEAN Phase may be manageable.

Has anyone ever just did a mini-CLX spurt before? I feel I've been building up strength of late but am I "cheating" by skipping to the final phase?!?!
Old 02-24-16, 07:37 PM  
NorthernStar

I have never done this but this is an interesting idea. Three days a week, 40ish minutes and you can easily mix in other cardio. Hmmmm now you have me thinking!

I am starting to get a bit bored with Ice and I was thinking about Hammer & Chisel as a next step but maybe just a 30 day rotation with the Lean phase would bridge me through to the spring when I start running and only do 1-2 strength workouts at home.

I'm interested to read other responses!
NorthernStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-16, 10:22 PM  
jusca

I stopped doing H&C by the 6th week. My legs were fried everyday and my upper body remained mostly underexercised and most definitely not enough cardio in the rotation for my fat loss goals. I quickly went back to CLX. I started at the Burn phase just for completeness.

I believe you absolutely can start at the Lean phase. You sound like you're already conditioned enough to do the more challenging stages of CLX. However no matter what phase you start with, you can challenge yourself by using heavier weights. It's definitely not cheating to pick and choose which phase to start with.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-16, 06:07 AM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusca View Post
I stopped doing H&C by the 6th week. My legs were fried everyday and my upper body remained mostly underexercised and most definitely not enough cardio in the rotation for my fat loss goals. I quickly went back to CLX. I started at the Burn phase just for completeness.

I believe you absolutely can start at the Lean phase. You sound like you're already conditioned enough to do the more challenging stages of CLX. However no matter what phase you start with, you can challenge yourself by using heavier weights. It's definitely not cheating to pick and choose which phase to start with.
interesting to hear your thoughts - I have 1.5 weeks left of H&C and feel like I should just see the darn thing through. But I just don't understand the darn rationale for the rotation. I've been adding in some cardio and yoga but am anxious to get back to a more balanced approach to strength training!

Cool that you went to CLX too - do you do it often?
Old 02-25-16, 10:30 AM  
wlorrie

I've done just the CLX lean phase, but for only 2 weeks. I did it after a 4 week rotation of Cathe's Burn sets, so the lean phase felt fine. I actually had to go up in weight for some of the moves. I haven't done H &C, but from what I've read about it, I'm sure you'll be well conditioned for CLX lean. I think the lean phase is the perfect length if you want to add some cardio to your rotation while getting some great weight training.

Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-16, 01:14 PM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
I've done just the CLX lean phase, but for only 2 weeks. I did it after a 4 week rotation of Cathe's Burn sets, so the lean phase felt fine. I actually had to go up in weight for some of the moves. I haven't done H &C, but from what I've read about it, I'm sure you'll be well conditioned for CLX lean. I think the lean phase is the perfect length if you want to add some cardio to your rotation while getting some great weight training.

Lorrie
Thanks - I think I may go for it. It's been awhile since I've done any of the CLX workouts and I'm looking forward to a mini-CLX spurt!
Old 02-25-16, 11:23 PM  
ealakey
VF Supporter

I just started adding in Lean phase this week. I've done several rounds of CLX in the past and I remember getting very nice results. I think they would have been spectacular with a little extra cardio. I didn't do any cardio back then. I'm thinking about a CLX/PiYo hybrid.
~Beth
ealakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-16, 12:37 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
interesting to hear your thoughts - I have 1.5 weeks left of H&C and feel like I should just see the darn thing through. But I just don't understand the darn rationale for the rotation. I've been adding in some cardio and yoga but am anxious to get back to a more balanced approach to strength training!

Cool that you went to CLX too - do you do it often?
This is my 3rd round, going into the 2nd week of the Push phase. The first 2 rounds were interrupted by an unexpected illness and I didn't make it past the 1st week of the Push phase.

I do the workouts just like the calendar schedules it.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-16, 04:37 PM  
rheash92

Reviving this thread to see if anyone did the lean phase. I'm thinking about doing it. Any input? Thanks.
rheash92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-16, 01:21 PM  
jazzy75

I just completed the Lean Phase. it was great. So fun to re-visit CLX without having to commit to the full 3 months. I hadn't done it in ages and I really enjoyed doing the workouts again. Consider myself relatively advanced and was sufficiently challenged and made gains in certain areas. I forgot how this phase has you doing upper and lower together for most moves and also a "break down set" after each move. Still - the longest is only about 45 minutes.
The interval workouts were fun and the ab workouts a nice add on. I did the 4 weeks and was considering adding a 5th week as I was still enjoying but recently received Edge Booty Extreme 2 and was anxious to start a little rotation incorporating those so am moving on. Will definitely not take so long to pull out CLX again!

Tags
clx lean phase, hammer and chisel