Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-19-22, 12:21 AM  
fatkat555

Streaming workouts is like renting clothing, IMO. It’s fun initially because you get to try new stuff, but when you cancel the subscription you have nothing.

For those with no DVD player, I had an aha moment when I realized I can play dvds on my son’s gaming devices. I’d love to eventually get my favorite dvds on thumb drive, but my computer with dvd drive died.

I didn’t mean to hijack the original post. I think the lack of investment in buying the workouts (streaming and such) has sucked the fun right out of acquiring dvds and therefore fewer posts here. For myself, I tend to post in spurts. When things started blowing up on the GD, I joined a challenge on VF instead to stay out of the drama, but still be part of VF.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 07:33 AM  
Lorelai

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Streaming workouts is like renting clothing, IMO. It’s fun initially because you get to try new stuff, but when you cancel the subscription you have nothing.

For those with no DVD player, I had an aha moment when I realized I can play dvds on my son’s gaming devices. I’d love to eventually get my favorite dvds on thumb drive, but my computer with dvd drive died.

I didn’t mean to hijack the original post. I think the lack of investment in buying the workouts (streaming and such) has sucked the fun right out of acquiring dvds and therefore fewer posts here. For myself, I tend to post in spurts. When things started blowing up on the GD, I joined a challenge on VF instead to stay out of the drama, but still be part of VF.
Maybe we can hope that more instructors will offer routines that are currently streaming it as downloads in the future. Also, what on earth did I miss? Lol

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 07:45 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelai View Post
Maybe we can hope that more instructors will offer routines that are currently streaming it as downloads in the future. Also, what on earth did I miss? Lol
I honestly think there were people many, many years ago that were on here simply to cause trouble. I remember having started a thread that with each page devolved into a really nasty back-and-forth to the point where the thread had to be locked. I guess I hid so long in the challenge discussion afterward (and even fell out of that, eventually) that the troublemakers thought it was boring here and left.

This is the thread in question:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=212453

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Last edited by fatkat555; 01-19-22 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Added link to old thread
Old 01-19-22, 08:14 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

That was quite a discussion! I don't think I read it back then.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 09:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
I honestly think there were people many, many years ago that were on here simply to cause trouble. I remember having started a thread that with each page devolved into a really nasty back-and-forth to the point where the thread had to be locked. I guess I hid so long in the challenge discussion afterward (and even fell out of that, eventually) that the troublemakers thought it was boring here and left.

This is the thread in question:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=212453
Those types of people have moved on to commenting on Facebook and other social media. In the "old days" all they had was bulletin boards for stirring up.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 09:35 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
That was quite a discussion! I don't think I read it back then.
You were wise to avoid the controversy

Old 01-19-22, 09:36 AM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Those types of people have moved on to commenting on Facebook and other social media. In the "old days" all they had was bulletin boards for stirring up.
Exactly. The “mean girls” have moved on.

Old 01-19-22, 09:43 AM  
Lorelai

Quote:
You were wise to avoid the controversy
This was in 2015, when I had my first baby, so during one of my hiatuses. I do remember the term bulk being used a lot before that though, perhaps because the TA method had so many diehard followers during that time period. I'm guilty of following so many of those threads, and I tried her mat workout, but I really disliked her lack of instruction, cueing, and attitude. I know many have found value in her workouts and method though. I actually found that thread to be a pretty interesting discussion! Perhaps because I wasn't involved in it, and didn't feel anything personal with it. I too think that most of those who just want to cause drama have moved on to other social media platforms, although there will always be dissenting opinions about something, somewhere.

"Practice makes progress." Jessica Smith

"There's always an option before we quit." Jessica Smith

"You don't have to be a ballerina to feel like one." Ellen Barrett
Lorelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 10:29 AM  
Gams

I always thought this was a pretty friendly forum compared to some I’ve posted on. I only remember getting angry here once and that was when someone posted a big fat lie about me. I think I’ve mentioned this before, but the nastiest forum I ever posted on was a guinea pig forum! 😆
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-22, 03:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I think I’ve mentioned this before, but the nastiest forum I ever posted on was a guinea pig forum!
You make me giggle every time you say it!!

My vision of the hyped up guinea pig tribe raging wild on the internet is dangerous for me while sipping water

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abandonware, dvds vs streaming, vf activity