Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-27-14, 06:03 PM  
Yelly

Exclamation Warning about auto-pay using Paypal!

I just happened to look at my Paypal account and noticed that I was charged for the streaming service at Cathe.com on June 21, even though I canceled it on her website on June 18. When I canceled it on the 18th, it immediately went through, and I haven't had any access to my streaming account on Cathe's site - even though the paypal payment was completed on the 21st. Paypal was really good about it, and they are giving me a full refund. Still, it's something to be aware of. I have not contacted Cathe's site about this, since I handled it with Paypal.
My advice is, when you want to cancel a streaming service (or any auto-pay subscription service), make sure to go into your Paypal account and also cancel any active auto-pay accounts with that site. My payment to Cathe was still active on Paypal, even though I canceled it on her site. And it was just by coincidence that I happened to catch it when I did, since I assumed the cancelation went through.
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 07:12 PM  
momof10

Good to know. I canceled my Cathe streaming about two weeks after I got it and I didn't cancel through Cathe at all. I just canceled through PayPal and they stopped all payments to her. It's a good thing you caught it.

Cheryl
Old 06-27-14, 07:48 PM  
sunday

Any auto payments made through PP must be cancelled through PP. It's the same for Buti and ART Method, as well. Cancellation is done through PP.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-14, 08:37 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
Any auto payments made through PP must be cancelled through PP. It's the same for Buti and ART Method, as well. Cancellation is done through PP.
That's what I figured so I did it that way. Once you block the payment, it won't go out to them then they will realize that you cancelled.

Cheryl
Old 06-27-14, 08:51 PM  
Yelly

You guys are smarter than me - ha ha!!
I just never thought about it, because I canceled it on Cathe's site, and I wasn't getting the streaming anymore, so I never thought to check it in paypal too. Just wanted to put it out there for anyone who wasn't aware of it! I'm glad I know now, because I'm loving streaming, and from now on I'll just cancel it through paypal
Old 06-28-14, 09:20 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Well, I cancelled through PayPal and SNM still billed me. Paypal caught it and issued a credit. So for me, it didn't matter that I cancelled via Paypal.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 09:34 AM  
catcrazy

I cancelled with Buti only, but that seems to have stopped it.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 09:34 AM  
flamingoo

I've never had to cancel through PayPal. When I cancelled streaming via which ever website I was using, it automatically got cancelled through PayPal.
flamingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-14, 11:08 AM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Well, I cancelled through PayPal and SNM still billed me. Paypal caught it and issued a credit. So for me, it didn't matter that I cancelled via Paypal.
Interesting. This is good to know. Maybe I'll just start canceling through both just to be sure from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoo View Post
I've never had to cancel through PayPal. When I cancelled streaming via which ever website I was using, it automatically got cancelled through PayPal.
Yeah - that's what I assumed would have happened too. The guy I talked to from Paypal yesterday said that sometimes, when you cancel though the website itself, they will automatically charge you for another month. That seems shady to me. The good thing is that Paypal will handle it, but still - imo, if you cancel through the website, that should be the end of it.

Tags
paypal, streaming