Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-13, 07:11 AM  
horsemom2

Cords are not adjustable on the Bellicon. However, you can order an extra set with a different tension and exchange the sets by removing one and replacing it with the other set.

The cords are adjustable on the JumpSport by changing the knot on each cord. There are 2 knots on each chord of the 370 and you can choose all of the knots the same way or alternate looser and tighter tensions for something inbetween. The Jumpsport warranty on the cords vary according to the model but are all longer than the warranty on the Bellicon cords.

Jumpsport does offer a new 44 inch frame now but it is almost as expensive as the Bellicon 44 inch. If I were to switch to a Bellicon for more space, I would definitely choose the 49 inch Bellicon.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 07:53 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Ok... being back on the TA love train, I have to finally look into rebounders and found this thread!
Is there ANY cheap(er) rebounder out there that you'd recommend? I really can't afford lots of $ for a Bellicon or whatnot right now and don't even know if rebounding will be really something for me in the end, so I'd rather just spend 50$ max...
I've seen a few on Amazon but am not sure what to make of the (few) negative reviews.. (Craigslist has a few good ones -UR- listed but 2hr drive isn't worth it for me, quite honestly.. Considering they're still asking for close to 100$..)

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 08:54 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
...Is there ANY cheap(er) rebounder out there that you'd recommend? ...
Well, to start with I got a Yogflex, because it only cost $50, shipping included. I used it enough to know that I wanted to upgrade, so what, 5 years later, I talked myself into an upgrade and don't regret it one bit.

If you need to start cheap, I'd say start CHEAP, and just go to Target and see what they've got. I seem to remember seeing something there in the $40-50 range. Walmart has something too, but I don't know what.

Remember that the cheap ones really do not have a great bounce, and will be harder on your joints, so you'll be better off using them for walking workouts and health bouncing (i.e., not vigorous jumping). If those things appeal to you, give a cheap one a try, but do see what features they have before you buy.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 09:02 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thank you BunnyHop!
I think I'll have to take a drive to Walmart & Target tomorrow!
I'm not sure how vigorous TA's cardio trampoline workouts are but thought of using a trampoline also for my Leslie walks and just for health bouncing, so hopefully a cheap one will do the trick (for now).

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 09:22 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Thank you BunnyHop!
You're welcome!

Like I say, going cheap at first taught me that a) I like bouncing, b) cheap rebounders don't have a great bounce, but are okay for walking workouts and lymph-type health bouncing, c) that I wanted to upgrade.

I got a small Bellicon with screw in legs, and honestly, if I had it to do again, I'd get a 44 instead, with folding legs, just because it would provide a larger bouncing surface and be easier to fold away. The logical part of my brain that knows I don't have much extra space and that I need to be able to get my rebounder in the car keeps stifling my teeny tiny regrets. Can't get a 44 til I buy a bigger car, LOL! (and goodness knows that's not happening.)

I went for the cheapest Bellicon I could get and I like it quite a lot more than the YogFlex (they're not made anymore, and I can see why, LOL!).

Oh, oh! Another issue with rebounders is shipping costs. Shopping IRL at first, for a cheapy, or finding one with free shipping (the way I did with my Yogflex, got lucky), is the way to go. These things are heavy, so don't get spendy (for equipment plus shipping) til you're committed.
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 09:38 PM  
KellyMarie65

So, do you get the same cardio benefits and the same cardio workout on the rebounder as you would jogging on the floor?
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-13, 09:44 PM  
KellyMarie65

This webpage has a whole list of benefits, would you that use one agree with what this webpage states:

http://liveboldandbloom.com/02/healt...hoice-for-2013
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 09:52 AM  
Exercise Diva

I'm a recent Bellicon convert after having a Cellerciser for a few years. Although I did like the Cellerciser (it's a quality rebounder for a much cheaper price), I grew to hate the squeaking and bouncing on it seemed to make my achy hips a little more achy. I was skeptical about everything people were saying about the Bellicon but after owning it for a few weeks I have to agree that it's a completely different bounce altogether. It feels easier to jump on in some respects but at the same time my heart rate goes up faster and higher so I'm obviously working hard. I have the 44" which for me is perfect - not too big not too small with the folding legs. I usually store mine in a closet with the legs extended and it fits perfectly but I can also store it completely flat under the bed if I need to. The Cellerciser folding legs never seemed to lie completely flat but the Bellicon becomes flat as a pancake.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-13, 10:20 AM  
smith938
VF Supporter

another Susanna here!

I've been off the exercise wagon (many times) but I ALWAYS end up with my rebounder as part of my getting back into the swing of things.

I have UR, Jumpsport (370 I think), Bellicon 49"

I got the UR back in 2003 I think it was and used it a lot - was squeaky but didn't bother me. I mostly did Leslie type moves on it - couldn't keep up with the workouts made for it though later I did ok with the Latin workout and tried a couple of others. It's also the best of the 3 I have for that type of workout since it's a harder bounce but after the other 2 I never use this one. I'm always after the next coolest thing that seems do-able for me so I was already eyeballing the Jumpsport then the Bellicon...I finally went for the Jumpsport since it was more reasonably priced and others had raved about it and the small dime sized hole in my UR's mat got quarter size then a bit bigger...after the Jumpsport I don't use the UR at all - I may toss it in the trash since it's taking up space...If I were younger maybe it wouldn't feel so jarring but no way I'm health bouncing on it at 220 lbs and 46 yrs old...

Jumpsport - love this one - softer bounce, fairly quiet, gentle bounce. mne has the petal mat. this and the smaller diameter drive me bonkers since my preferred workouts on it are Leslies, George/Petra, that type of thing with side steps - I can't do a full side step without stepping on that darn mat(or going through the cords if it wasn't there) I think it's bounce is softer than the Bellicon's that I have. I mostly exercise upstairs so I put this one downstairs near the computer/tv thinking I might find the motivation to bounce while cooking and watching youtube videos and yes I HAVE managed this a few times and enjoyed it. just get so frustrated with side steps I dont have enough room on the mat. I also want to try some of the reclining exercises on it since the mat is pretty comfy...if they come otu with a bigger one rasonably priced or a quarter fold one that would fit in my locker here at work I'd be on it!

Bellicon - I wanted something differnt and more room so I went with the biggest they had. occasionally they've had sales - a little bit off or a special edition - but I knew if I were paying more I'd go with the biggest I could get. and honestly if they come otu with a bigger one and I know about it I'll likely jump on it! I LOVE my side steps and while the bellicon isn't perfect it's definitely noticeable on the mat size. the bounce on mine is a little stiffer than the Jumpsport.

If I had to pick one from the 3 I have I'd hav eto go with the 49" bellicon mainly because of the size plus I like the slightly firmer bounce (and color!) got the pink cords and pink stripe on black mat...if they had purple..hoo boy!
Old 10-02-13, 11:12 AM  
JAusten

If I have exactly 15" clearance under my bed, will the Bellicon slide under it?
JAusten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, jumpsport, lymphatic system, mini trampoline, reboundair, rebounder, rebounding, trampoline